RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him

Where does it mention a foot injury? It said he broke his fibula, which is a completely different thing. I suffered the same injury during my playing days (clean break) and was able to return in 8 weeks. It's not a major injury unless it's shattered.

Wait, are you talking about Taiwan or Zach Miller?

Am i the only one that thinks he looks a little too thinly built for RB?

Am i the only one that thinks he looks a little too thinly built for RB?

No you're not. But there are other thin speed backs. He's never going to be a workhorse but neither will mccluster, jamal Charles, or jahved best.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Eastern Washington’s Taiwan Jones ran 40-yard dash times in the 4.3- to 4.35-second range and had vertical jumps of 39.5 and 40 inches, according to a source who attended the running back’s pro day Thursday.

Twenty-seven NFL teams were at the private workout in Northern California to watch Jones, who has generated a lot of intrigue leading up to the April 28-30 draft. The workout was important for Jones, who couldn’t participate in any postseason bowl games or the NFL Scouting Combine because of a broken foot sustained during the season. Jones was in a walking boot until March 15.

Jones’ 40 time would have put him among the top three running backs at the combine, where Maryland’s Da’Rel Scott led with a 4.34. Jones’ best vertical jump would have tied Virginia Tech RB Ryan Williams for second-best among all running backs, behind Georgia Tech’s Anthony Allen‘s 41.5-inch vertical.

Jones will visit the Dolphins early next week, according to a source with knowledge of the situation
((NOT ENDURO)).

VIDEO OF HIS WORKOUT
http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/14/11/...ng_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=504153&feedID=5936

lol good call:

Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones ran the forty-yard dash at 4.32 - 4.35 seconds at Thursday's Pro Day workout.
Jones reportedly clocked between 4.29 and 4.35 on all stopwatches. It's an emphatic sign that he's fully recovered from late-season foot surgery. Checking in at 6'1", 196 pounds with "nary an ounce of body fat," Jones also recorded an impressive 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and an 11-foot broad jump -- just five inches short of the record. Jones is the most explosive athlete in this year's running back class. Thursday's performance, in front of representatives from 26 teams, should lock him into the draft's second day. His stock is skyrocketing. Apr 14, 1:43 PM

You are gonna have to get a 2nd round pick, because that round is where I see him going.

I'm thinking 3rd or 4th round. He's not a better back than kendell hunter and he'll likely be the 4th rb off the board. Although I'd be fine with Taiwan leapfroging hunter so maybe we'll have a shot at hunter in the 3rd round

I'm thinking 3rd or 4th round. He's not a better back than kendell hunter and he'll likely be the 4th rb off the board. Although I'd be fine with Taiwan leapfroging hunter so maybe we'll have a shot at hunter in the 3rd round

I see Ingram about to drop big time because of the knee.

I just dont see the need for a RB, Sign Ricky Grab one late. James Starks showed that you can get legit RBs late, and the Value of that position in terms of positional value has fell off, specially if the RB is ONLY a RB. If he is a RB, WR, Return Guy then yes he will hold his value because he can impact the game in different areas.

That is why I see Ingram in for a fall.

I see Ingram about to drop big time because of the knee.

I just dont see the need for a RB, Sign Ricky Grab one late. James Starks showed that you can get legit RBs late, and the Value of that position in terms of positional value has fell off, specially if the RB is ONLY a RB. If he is a RB, WR, Return Guy then yes he will hold his value because he can impact the game in different areas.

That is why I see Ingram in for a fall.

I agree except for resigning Ricky.
I don't think mark ingram will make it past the patriots. But at the same time you could be right because daquan bowers has a similar issue and now some people are saying he's been completely removed from several team's draft boards.

Jones is an interesting option as a speed back to work in tandem with a more complete runner, but he looks to bounce everything outside. He's going to have to learn to run between the tackles to play in the NFL, along with learning how to block in pass protection. He offers nothing here...

He's a difficult projection in the NFL, there's not a single back in this draft that wouldn't produce at an astounding rate against the level of competition Taiwan Jones faced.. The question is could he perform like a Mark Ingram could against mini-NFL defenses in the SEC...get the yards after contact that you are required to get in order to keep the chains moving... I doubt it.

Long speed gets way too much attention when it comes to running backs. So many people would've passed up a lot of Hall of Fame and pro bowl caliber running backs for guys like Trung Canidate, Michael Bennett, and John Avery because of their 40 time...

Jones needs to be a WR unless he adds at least 20 more pounds of muscle. At 5'11 1/2" 195 pounds he is not built to be an NFL RB.

I don't think that's at all. He should only gain as much weight as he can without losing speed and acceleration. Without that speed he's an average back at best. Talented players come in different moulds.

Back
Top Bottom