RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him

Many people say Ingram is the "Next Emmitt Smith," but I just don't see it. Ingram doesn't have breakaway speed...neither did Emmitt but he was very strong and not easy to bring down. I don't think Ingram would be a horrible pick, but we could probably trade down and get Mikel LeShoure or a guy like Taiwan Jones later on. I think if we don't trade down we have to make sure our #15 pick is a guy who is a definite starter and the BPA....I think Ingram is good but not likely to be the best player on the board at #15. I really hope we trade down and get back our 2nd rounder.

A solid wall of defenders knocking down everyone on your Oline other than Long looks the same with 20/20 vision or bifold glasses. Do you really think that Ingram would have produced more with this Oline? I don't.

Ronnie constantly missed the open holes, go back and watch any game last season and you'll see it happen more often then not. Ricky hammered the hole before any blocking could develope and Ronnie would cut into the hole that was closing meanwhile another one was opening, the man has zero field vision whatsoever. I realize the Oline could be better but R&R really didn't help at all and a guy like Ingram would improve our run game 10 fold even if he was the only change we made!

This VIDEO is impressive. I like what i saw. I did not like however at 1:07 he should have switched the ball into his other hand. But that is being very picky. I think if he has a good combine and we take him in the third i could live with that. Good find!

Ronnie constantly missed the open holes, go back and watch any game last season and you'll see it happen more often then not. Ricky hammered the hole before any blocking could develope and Ronnie would cut into the hole that was closing meanwhile another one was opening, the man has zero field vision whatsoever. I realize the Oline could be better but R&R really didn't help at all and a guy like Ingram would improve our run game 10 fold even if he was the only change we made!

That's a tough call for me. Not sure I agree. I feel our Oline was putrid. Not sure anyone could have done anything on the ground. Your sig: you have us resigning Incognito. He spent 1/2 time on his Azz and the other 1/2 missing the block completely. Not a fan of him at all. I think he needs to be the first to go away. Also, you have us giving up two 1st rounders for Gabbert. I can't even begin to tell you how wrong that would be. Gabbert is not worth two firsts. I'm tired of not having 1st round pick. Say no to trading future picks.

I think Mark Ingram will be a good NFL running back. I don't think any RB is worth the #15 pick when you don't have a QB, TE, LG, C, and could use another pass rusher. Most teams are switching to a 2 back system and there's no way we should spend the #15 pick on a guy who will be splitting carries.

I think the most impressive play (besides the one where he breaks 5 tackles) is the one where the QB fumbles and Taiwan runs down a DB who has a 10 yard head start. One thing that kind of worries me is that he loses his balance a lot on hi own. But at the same time there are a few plays where he does a great job of staying on his feet when guys are grabbing him so maybe it's nothing.

Not bad but not third round worthy especially if Demarco Murray is available, but for a late round pick i wouldnt mind him, but who we should consider is Jacquizz Rogers hes very fast and would help our special teams tremendously.

I'll pass. I've never really looked at him at Eastern Washington, I've heard about him, as I recall he got hurt and couldn't play in that FCS Championship Game...but watching that video, doesn't really impress me.

Not bad but not third round worthy especially if Demarco Murray is available, but for a late round pick i wouldnt mind him, but who we should consider is Jacquizz Rogers hes very fast and would help our special teams tremendously.

I've seen a lot of Quiz. I like the guy but I don't really know how his game will translate ate the next level. Despite the fact that he's little he is very strong and really hard to bring down which is great. But he isn't as fast as people think. Sure he's got good quickness because he's low to the ground but I just don't see the burst. But a lot of people agree with you so maybe I'm wrong. I don't think I would feel comfortable using a 3rd round pick on Taiwan at this point but we'll see if that changes. I think towards the end of the 4th round he would start to become a great value.

this guys burst is amazing. i say lets get him and powell in the draft

Rotoworld lists some concerns about his injuries:

Taiwan Jones: Taiwan Jones received a third-round grade

Taiwan Jones - RB - CLG - Jan. 20 - 1:18 pm et Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones reportedly received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee.
It's a high grade for an FCS prospect whose 2010 season ended with a broken left foot, but Jones was arguably the most explosive D-IAA player last season. He'll still have to overcome an injury-prone label after dealing with a wide range of ailments in the Big Sky Conference. Jones also had sports hernia surgery, injuries to both shoulders, and broke his fibula in 2008. Jan. 20 - 1:18 pm et

Rotoworld lists some concerns about his injuries:

Taiwan Jones: Taiwan Jones received a third-round grade

Taiwan Jones - RB - CLG - Jan. 20 - 1:18 pm et Eastern Washington RB Taiwan Jones reportedly received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee.
It's a high grade for an FCS prospect whose 2010 season ended with a broken left foot, but Jones was arguably the most explosive D-IAA player last season. He'll still have to overcome an injury-prone label after dealing with a wide range of ailments in the Big Sky Conference. Jones also had sports hernia surgery, injuries to both shoulders, and broke his fibula in 2008. Jan. 20 - 1:18 pm et

Wow that's quite a list. That's probably going to factor heavily into where he is drafted. I'd like to know what the shoulder injuries were. Broken bones aren't really a big deal if they are given time to heal. But the foot is worrisome. I really like to stay away from players with foot injuries. That's the only reason I'm not completely sold on picking up Zach Miller from the Raiders.

I'll pass. I've never really looked at him at Eastern Washington, I've heard about him, as I recall he got hurt and couldn't play in that FCS Championship Game...but watching that video, doesn't really impress me.

Highlight videos can make anybody good. What I would like to see is how he does for an entire game. Does he get stopped behind the line often? Is he able to get through tiny openings or does the line do most of the work opening up huge holes? Can he hold on to the ball if he is hit hard? Can he consistently get around the edge? The guy is only 200 pounds, and I'm pretty certain that an NFL workload would be too much on that body type. Obviously I don't have film to answer those questions I just asked, but those questions are the first places I would look when considering if a back is NFL ready.

Honestly, I have really high hopes for Mikel Leshoure. I know you said his vision isn't terrific, but damn can that kid run. I've heard some say that he runs too upright, but remember when people said that Adrian Peterson wouldn't be a good NFL back because he fumbles too much and he runs too upright? Not to say that Leshoure and Peterson are the same back, but the kid has all of the potential in the world.

I feel like there are so man guys that you see before the draft that you can't go wrong with picking, and once the draft hits, there are so many duds. I think Ingram has the possibility of being one of those duds, and same with Ryan Williams. Hell, Leshoure could be a huge dud and I am just blinded by his college talent, but I would definitely risk a first round pick on Leshoure.

But the foot is worrisome. I really like to stay away from players with foot injuries. That's the only reason I'm not completely sold on picking up Zach Miller from the Raiders.

Where does it mention a foot injury? It said he broke his fibula, which is a completely different thing. I suffered the same injury during my playing days (clean break) and was able to return in 8 weeks. It's not a major injury unless it's shattered.

Regarding Taiwan Jones, I live in Northern California and I've seen him play several times in high school and college (he's from the East Bay). The kid can flat out play. He was offered a scholarship to play at Washington State, but didn't qualify academically (he has dyslexia), which is how he ended up at Eastern Washington.

I think he'd be a great value pick in round 3 or 4. As a runner, I think he's as good as any back in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom