RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him

I don't think it's a big deal. it's not a trend. He had 17 fumbles a season ago. last season he did not.

You don't think that NFL teams won't think 18 fumbles in 2 seasons isn't a big deal?

Seriously?????

my god...18 fumbles in 1 year against nothin but 9 to 5 ers....pass

Exactly. If it was in the NFL it would be a stat that would get you fired WELL BEFORE you got to 17.

If Mark Ingram had fumbled 17 times in the SEC in one season do you think it would be an issue?

How about in the rugged environment of the Big Sky conference???

Wow.

You don't think that NFL teams won't think 18 fumbles in 2 seasons isn't a big deal?

Seriously?????

No I do not. When you have 18 fumbles, you are doing something wrong technically. This guys switched position from Db to RB, had his fumbles, then fixed it and is not fumbling anymore.

No I do not. When you have 18 fumbles, you are doing something wrong technically. This guys switched position from Db to RB, had his fumbles, then fixed it and is not fumbling anymore.

Wow. Either you're Taiwan himself, his agent or a family member

Wow. Either you're Taiwan himself, his agent or a family member

No he just knows that Taiwan Jones was a DB. He clearly had no idea how to protect the ball. What's amazing is that they allowed him to keep carrying the ball that season. But you have to admit that 1 fumble after a season with 17 clearly represents a change in technique and that it worked. I'm not saying that we should draft Taiwan Jones but I am saying that if we're going to pass it shouldn't be for that reason.

I mean look. I don't mean to say that 17 fumbles in a season is no big deal. That's crazy. But I do believe that going forward it is not as much a concern since he obviously fixed it last year, it's not a trend. I'd be more worried about a back who has been at RB for 4 years and fumbles 5 times a season consistently.

That kid has flop written all over him. I genuinely can't see anything in his highlights to get very excited about. God knows what his lowlights are like.

I mean look. I don't mean to say that 17 fumbles in a season is no big deal. That's crazy. But I do believe that going forward it is not as much a concern since he obviously fixed it last year, it's not a trend. I'd be more worried about a back who has been at RB for 4 years and fumbles 5 times a season consistently.

17 fumbles from a rb in a season at any level should be a fireable offense...add in the fact that this kids got an elbow deformity and ball security going forward seems like quite an issue

i mean if an nfl running back fumbles 5 plus times in a season i'm pegging his *** as fumble prone...triple that against guys who aren't even playing on sundays and yeah you got an issue a trend whatever the hell you want to call it...

That kid has flop written all over him. I genuinely can't see anything in his highlights to get very excited about. God knows what his lowlights are like.

If you can't see anything to be excited about I feel like you're not watching. The guy has elite acceleration.

Hoops, I would be more concerned about the elbow than about the fumbling. I again would argue that the elbow is probably not the cause of the fumbling because he seemed to fix it this year and generally degenerative diseases don't reverse themselves. I haven't heard a diagnosis yet on the elbow thing have you heard anything?

i've heard its an actual elbow deformity...the elbow will not lock out properly...i don't know if that will effect when he actually cradles the ball but i do know an actual arm deformity and a rb sounds like risky business to me...all things being equal if it means using a 3rd or 4th round pick given the fumble history the elbow issue the fact that the guys coming off a broken foot right now even i can find better alternatives at the position imo

no question kids got explosive acceleration...

I again would argue that the elbow is probably not the cause of the fumbling because he seemed to fix it this year

We don't now what caused his fumbles. Maybe he got popped at exchange in the backfield. Maybe he just did not execute the exchange. Maybe he failed to secure the ball properly.

17 fumbles sounds like something technical was wrong..nobody gets to keep playing with good fundamentals in the exchange and running and keep fumbling while getting tackled. The radical change in fumble ratio supports that

I'm not going to pretend that I've watched Eastern Washington film, I've heard of Jones, but just watching the "highlight" film, not that impressive. Looks like he runs too upright and looks too thin to hold up in the NFL. And stop with the Chris Johnson comparisons, he's not Chris Johnson.

I'm not going to pretend that I've watched Eastern Washington film, I've heard of Jones, but just watching the "highlight" film, not that impressive. Looks like he runs too upright and looks too thin to hold up in the NFL. And stop with the Chris Johnson comparisons, he's not Chris Johnson.

He is gonna get crazy over drafted for his potential..his 10 yard split is truly elite and lies in the 1.45's and it shows in the video. But he's totally raw and still has a cornerback body and I agree looks like he's standing upright.

Back
Top Bottom