RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Taiwan Jones.....Get used to him

all things being equal if it means using a 3rd or 4th round pick given the fumble history the elbow issue the fact that the guys coming off a broken foot right now even i can find better alternatives at the position imo

I completely agree because Dion Lewis has somehow managed to slide all the way into the fourth round. I don't know what teams don't like about him (Possibly the fumbles). I would take Dion Lewis before Taiwan Jones in a heartbeat. I would have to think about Jones and Locke but Locke will come off the board in the 5th at the earliest IMO.

Also, Kendell Hunter seems to have fallen out of the 2nd round which is ridiculous. If he's available in the 3rd we have to snag him. I think Hunter is as good as any back in this draft.

I'm not going to pretend that I've watched Eastern Washington film, I've heard of Jones, but just watching the "highlight" film, not that impressive. Looks like he runs too upright and looks too thin to hold up in the NFL. And stop with the Chris Johnson comparisons, he's not Chris Johnson.

yep...and these guys need to realize guys who can continue to handle carries chris johnsons size are more rare than nfl franchise qbs...chris johnsons don't come around every year...he's such the exception to the rule

Just say that you are looking only at power running backs. Jones is not a power running back, therefore he is not what you are looking for. No need to knock Jones for something he is not, or repeat that Jones runs upright or is small or this or that. Just say, he is not a power running back and you don't like that.

I like Taiwan Jones' ability but as a change of pace guy. I love adding speed to the team but the injury history is a concern and he is not a full-time back. You'd have to combine this pick with drafting another runner or acquiring one through free agency.

That 17 fumbles thing is not true. Lol.

"And no he didn't have 17 fumbles. Where do these idiots come up with this stuff?" "I have seen a team's profile on him and fumbles aren't even mentioned as a weakness. I doubt those people actually saw him play."

That's the response I got from an NFL scout (specializes in lower level football). Looks like it was a false rumor.

I also checked out the play by play of some of his games...couldn't find a single fumble. Not sure how many he had, but it wasn't 17 or even close to that.

That 17 fumbles thing is not true. Lol.

"And no he didn't have 17 fumbles. Where do these idiots come up with this stuff?" "I have seen a team's profile on him and fumbles aren't even mentioned as a weakness. I doubt those people actually saw him play."

That's the response I got from an NFL scout (specializes in lower level football). Looks like it was a false rumor.

I also checked out the play by play of some of his games...couldn't find a single fumble. Not sure how many he had, but it wasn't 17 or even close to that.

"He also fumbled 18 times the past three seasons (17 in 2009-2010), losing eight (seven). That sort of injury track record and lack of ball security won't sit well with teams, who know the hits will come much harder and faster at the next level. - Chad Reuter"

I also spoke to someone who watched Jones in 2009 and said that the fumble number is correct. Add to that a high ankle spain and a broken leg at HS and a broken leg, hand, shoulder injuries, hip flexors, and surgery to repair a sports hernia and missing the Combine due to yet another injury.

But hey, go right ahead and draft this kid who is rail thin and will get destroyed in the NFL.

"He also fumbled 18 times the past three seasons (17 in 2009-2010), losing eight (seven). That sort of injury track record and lack of ball security won't sit well with teams, who know the hits will come much harder and faster at the next level. - Chad Reuter"

I also spoke to someone who watched Jones in 2009 and said that the fumble number is correct. Add to that a high ankle spain and a broken leg at HS and a broken leg, hand, shoulder injuries, hip flexors, and surgery to repair a sports hernia and missing the Combine due to yet another injury.

But hey, go right ahead and draft this kid who is rail thin and will get destroyed in the NFL.

The injuries are certainly a concern, which is why I am not on his bandwagon. From Miami's perspective, we need to grab tailbacks who are going to carry the rock before he go get a guy like Jones. Need to get LT before you go get Darren Sproles. Know what I mean?

But from what I'm hearing (and have researched), that number of fumbles is incorrect. I can't find any fumbles in any of the play by plays of his games....

8 fumbles lost. That's the number I've been told. 17 fumbles, lost 8.

Regardless, if he fumbled EIGHT times, that's still far too much especially playing the level he did.

Here's a thought I had while on the elliptical in the gym at lunch:

Suppose this kid falls due to all the concerns already stated in this thread. Say he's there in the 5th or 6th round. At 6 foot 200 lbs, what if you take him with the intention of converting him to a WR? He obviously isn't going to take the pounding in the NFL at the RB position. But what if you take him late with the intention of converting him to your speed WR?

Should I have left this idea in the gym?:crazy:

Here's a thought I had while on the elliptical in the gym at lunch:

Suppose this kid falls due to all the concerns already stated in this thread. Say he's there in the 5th or 6th round. At 6 foot 200 lbs, what if you take him with the intention of converting him to a WR? He obviously isn't going to take the pounding in the NFL at the RB position. But what if you take him late with the intention of converting him to your speed WR?

Should I have left this idea in the gym?:crazy:

Every team is gonna think that and someone with room to develop a guy somewhere on the roster is gonna take him earlier than the 6th but if he's around at that time you can pretty much do what you want..if he can make the team as an ST player(and he should be able to do that atleast) you have already gotten value for your pick

So, we have a high school DB who in his first year as a RB doesn't fumble because he is learning the position and probably didn't play much. In his first full season playing in the field as a RB he fumbles 17 times (and looses the football 7 or 8 times). In his second full season playing in the field he fumbles once (does he loose it? Can't tell from the comments). I guess the question "what have you done for me lately" only applies if there is a regression in the performance.

That is exactly why I have him rated in the 5th round. I don't understand the media excitement over him. I know speed kills but dude is little (played around 177 last year).

Back
Top Bottom