Recent SuperBowl odds have the Dolphins a | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Recent SuperBowl odds have the Dolphins a

Ross said:
Doesn't matter what the rest of the free world thinks of our chances because its' not decided on opinion. Buit just in case you are wondering, at 17-1 the free world thinks miami is in the top third of the league. Now there you have it...

--Ross
:up: thanks again! :D

Ross said:
Doesn't matter what the rest of the free world thinks of our chances because its' not decided on opinion. Buit just in case you are wondering, at 17-1 the free world thinks miami is in the top third of the league. Now there you have it...

--Ross
Woo hoo......top third, you may or may not remember that in previous years with lesser talent overall we were 8-1 or 10-1, in that area, Vegas seems to think less of our chances as time goes by with better talent but the same unimaginative coach.

BlueFin said:
Maybe that should tell you a little something about how most of the free world feels about Dave Wannstedt's chances no matter how good the talent, couple that with the prospect of Jay Fiedler still being your quarterback and there you have it.....................................
no not really but im pretty sure i know how you feel.

Dude said:
fins_bet.jpg

I got 16/1 back in April.
now theres a true dolphin fan!!!

You never know in the NFL. A friend of mine bet on Carolina last year, almost made a fortune.

"IF" Miami finishes the regular season in the top third they'll be in the playoffs.
Being considered in the top third is good enough for July. Come january I want Miami to be top dog...

--Ross

catapano said:
no not really but im pretty sure i know how you feel.
Maybe Wannstedt being ranked 110 out of 120 professional head coaches by ESPN in the major sports plays a role in all this, perhaps there is a perception outside Dolphin nation that Dave can't elevate his team?

BlueFin said:
Maybe Wannstedt being ranked 110 out of 120 professional head coaches by ESPN in the major sports plays a role in all this, perhaps there is a perception outside Dolphin nation that Dave can't elevate his team?

What does it matter what a bunch of talking heads think? It always amazes me how much stock people put into ESPN whose job is to enertain...

--Ross

Ross said:
What does it matter what a bunch of talking heads think? It always amazes me how much stock people put into ESPN whose job is to enertain...

--Ross
Excuse me genius, this thread was about Superbowl odds, which are based on opinions and perceptions of teams by talking heads so to speak. The oddsmakers don't have a crystal ball that the rest of us don't, they are just informed and have opinions, just like all talking heads do.

The point is the perception of this team as a whole outside of Dolphin nation is not as high as it is among some fans here, they do not put on their blinders every year after Wannstedt underachieves and gets outcoached again, nor do they ignore the fact that early reports say Jay Fiedler(someone the world knows is an inconsistent quarterback) appears to be leading the QB race.

Combine the above with the rest of off-season fiasco and most "talking heads" don't see Miami as a Superbowl favorite.

BlueFin said:
Excuse me genius, this thread was about Superbowl odds, which are based on opinions and perceptions of teams by talking heads so to speak. The oddsmakers don't have a crystal ball that the rest of us don't, they are just informed and have opinions, just like all talking heads do.

The point is the perception of this team as a whole outside of Dolphin nation is not as high as it is among some fans here, they do not put on their blinders every year after Wannstedt underachieves and gets outcoached again, nor do they ignore the fact that early reports say Jay Fiedler(someone the world knows is an inconsistent quarterback) appears to be leading the QB race.

Combine the above with the rest of off-season fiasco and most "talking heads" don't see Miami as a Superbowl favorite.

Excuse me genius but it was you that brought up ESPN talking heads, not me.

And the last I looked Wanny out coached other teams or we wouldn't have a winning record every year, genuis...

--Ross

Ross said:
Excuse me genius but it was you that brought up ESPN talking heads, not me.

And the last I looked Wanny out coached other teams or we wouldn't have a winning record every year, genuis...

--Ross
If you consider Wannstedt riding a top five defense he inherited from Jimmy Johnson to mediocre records and missing the playoffs the last two years to be great coaching good for you, most consider it underachievment.

Ross said:

--Ross
Excellent point! I mean wasn't Ricky ranked ninth best back? Give me a break...he'll show em' this year. Did anybody see John Clayton's top ten? All it is is opinion that is usually proved wrong.

BlueFin said:
If you consider Wannstedt riding a top five defense he inherited from Jimmy Johnson to mediocre records and missing the playoffs the last two years to be great coaching good for you, most consider it underachievment.

JJ has been gone for 5 years. Get over it...

medicore record is 10 wins? Wow, looks like most of the league wishes they were medicore too.

--Ross

PS: Yeah that sounds damn good to me...

audiorage said:
Excellent point! I mean wasn't Ricky ranked ninth best back? Give me a break...he'll show em' this year. Did anybody see John Clayton's top ten? All it is is opinion that is usually proved wrong.

It is opinion with one thought in mind. To enertain. The odds-makers has one thing in mind. Get action on both sides of the bet. Big difference between the two...

I wonder what the numbers are on Ricky's rushing total for the year? Bet it's not in 9th place...

--Ross

Back
Top Bottom