Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Red Sox's Nixon criticizes A-Rod

MikeO said:
As Michael Wilbon said on David Letterman Thursday Night........"What the hell has Trot Nixon ever done and why do we care what he has to say?"

You don't have to care, they don't have to care. Arod got put in his place though and he probably had that sad "i want my mommy" look on his face too just like after he girly slapped arroyo's hand and after the yankees choked harder than any other team in sports history.. :lol:

MikeO said:
Funny, now you are QUOTING stuff I never said.

:lol:

How many years have the Red Sox had the #2 payroll in baseball.. Think hard now..

I quoted you with "blah blah blah" because thats what your post read. Nothing but "blah blah blah"

FiN.in.RI said:
Again, whatever makes you sleep at night.

I honestly don't care if you buy it or not, if I wanted to be a yankee fan, I would have been. It really is as simple as that. I'm not jealous of the yankees and I never will be..

Once again you msis the point. I didn't say you wanted to be a Yankee fan but that you and all Boston fans wished the Sox had the success that the yanks have had. I rot for teams to win not just to see good games and I assume most fans want to see their teams win.

Arod got put in his place though and he probably had that sad "i want my mommy" look on his face too just like after he girly slapped arroyo's hand

Got put in his place? by who? by a mediocre player who has never done anything in MLB?

And stop w/ the girly stuff. It's the Sox who hug each other like they are in prison and haven't seen a woman for 15 years, it's the Sox who had a player throw down an 80 yr old man, it's the Sox who had a player "charge" the mound never dropping his bat, it's the Sox who needed 3 guys to gang up on 1 Yankee and scratched him in the face, it's the Sox who had a "tough guy" in full gear push his mitt in a pleyrs face and it's the Sox who look and act like clowns.

Oh and 1 more thing- http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/284652p-243862c.html

:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :lol:

How many years have the Red Sox had the #2 payroll in baseball.. Think hard now..

You act like the yanks have been 1st every year, in the recent past they have but during our LATEST dynasty we weren't always tops in payroll including the year we had one of the all-time great season in MLB history, 1998.

nyjunc said:
Got put in his place? by who? by a mediocre player who has never done anything in MLB?
Funny you should say that...:lol:

What's girly man ever done? He's brought down every team he's ever played for. And every team that dumps him gets better. At least Nixon has a ring.

He's is quite good at putting up great numbers when the games don't mean sh*t. MVP award for last place teams, he is a real winner let me tell you.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Funny you should say that...:lol:

What's girly man ever done? He's brought down every team he's ever played for. And every team that dumps him gets better. At least Nixon has a ring.

He's is quite good at putting up great numbers when the games don't mean sh*t. MVP award for last place teams, he is a real winner let me tell you.
Ted Williams doesn't have a ring but Trot Nixon does. By your logic Nixon is better than Ted. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

FiN.in.RI said:

I quoted you with "blah blah blah" because thats what your post read. Nothing but "blah blah blah"
so you make stuff up and say I say it and then quote me on stuff I don't say. Nice. Real nice!

In reality the mariners got worse from '00 to '01, yeah they won alto mroe reg season games but they lost in 6 games int he '00 ALCS and only 5 games in the '01 ALCS and haven't been to the playoffs since so please explain to me how they have gotten better since ARod left? As for texas, losing ARod's salary they were able to afford more pitching which is what they didnt' have when he was there but I still don't see any playoff appearances for the Rangers.

By the way, Chad Curtis has multiple WS rings. Is he better than ARod?

In 7 postseason series and 26 postseason games he is hitting .330. He struggled the last few games of the ALCS but so did the entire lineup so it's hard to just fault him. He carried us in the ALDS and early on in the ALCS.

FiN.in.RI said:
Serves you right for you taking things out of context! Read Much?
you said you root for the underdog. How and when in the hell have the Red Sox ever been underdogs in MLB? Seriously, tell me.

They go to the World Series at least once a decade (take away the 90's). The franchise has never been an underdog.

Plus I don't need to put words in others mouth to make my point. That just blows up your case and argument right there and gives you zero credibility.

nyjunc said:
Once again you msis the point. I didn't say you wanted to be a Yankee fan but that you and all Boston fans wished the Sox had the success that the yanks have had. I rot for teams to win not just to see good games and I assume most fans want to see their teams win..

Again, you are missing the point. If I cared about the yankee success I would have been a yankee fan. It's simple really. I don't get jealous often but when I do it's usually over something I never expected to happen, read:pats dynasty... Comprende? You can keep arguing but its futile and you will lose everytime, have fun.

nyjunc said:
You act like the yanks have been 1st every year, in the recent past they have but during our LATEST dynasty we weren't always tops in payroll including the year we had one of the all-time great season in MLB history, 1998.

I didn't say anything about the yankees being #1 in payroll now did I.
All I was pointing out was that the red sox have never been tops in payroll until recently. I became a fan of the red sox when they were perennial dogs to win the series or even make the playoffs. Just because they have the #2 payroll in baseball(to keep up with the yankees) doesn't mean I have to switch my team because they are not dogs anymore(I started out rooting for the 'dog hoping they would come out on top one day.. and they did). I know the yankees didn'thave to be tops in payroll to win or be the favorite..

As to a-rod.. he's still a pansy.

nyjunc said:
In reality the mariners got worse from '00 to '01, yeah they won alto mroe reg season games but they lost in 6 games int he '00 ALCS and only 5 games in the '01 ALCS and haven't been to the playoffs since so please explain to me how they have gotten better since ARod left? As for texas, losing ARod's salary they were able to afford more pitching which is what they didnt' have when he was there but I still don't see any playoff appearances for the Rangers.

By the way, Chad Curtis has multiple WS rings. Is he better than ARod?

In 7 postseason series and 26 postseason games he is hitting .330. He struggled the last few games of the ALCS but so did the entire lineup so it's hard to just fault him. He carried us in the ALDS and early on in the ALCS.
In reality, the guy s*cked when you needed him. He has never come up big, ever. I remember Nixon going yard at Yankee Stadium in game 6 of the 03 ALCS or against the A's in the ALDS.

Did I say he was better? No, you asked if he's done anything in this league, and he has, Arod hasn't done any more. As for Williams, he was the greatest hitter who ever lived, so don't put words in my mouth, he never brought down every team he played for like Girly Man has.

MikeO said:
you said you root for the underdog. How and when in the hell have the Red Sox ever been underdogs in MLB? Seriously, tell me.

They go to the World Series at least once a decade (take away the 90's). The franchise has never been an underdog.

Plus I don't need to put words in others mouth to make my point. That just blows up your case and argument right there and gives you zero credibility.

I didnt put words in your mouth .. i just typed what I read, which was "blah, blah, blah" in other words, you were making no sense...

The franchise was an underdog because when I started being a fan they were crused by the bambino.. i became a fan so I could watch my team break that curse. Having to break a curse makes 'em 'dogs in my book. :wink:

You think I give a **** about what someone like you thinks about credibility when you have none yourself? Please, child.

all someone had to do was scroll up to see your real post.. "You have to put words in my mouth.." another tool comment, I must say... boo hoo man..

FiN.in.RI said:

You think I give a **** about what someone like you thinks about credibility when you have none yourself? Please, child.
a 23 year old calling me a child. Nice!:shakeno:

I have more time in the $hithouse than you do on this planet son!

Back
Top Bottom