Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

MRojas4

The Cheese Connoisseur
Club Member
Reaction score
Looks more and more like the RB FA market will be flooded this off season with some decent names. Should help in leverage with getting Reggie a team friendly contract.

Bradshaw released by the Giants. Rumors Turner will also be released by the Falcons.

It could help unless these guys get insane contract offers. Given, it's deep in Fa, but most teams would love to get these types to establish the running game. The first signing will determine how the rest of the market goes. Trust me, I think this is going to be a slow process. Once more and more dominoes start to fall, these guys are going to start bidding wars. As far as supply goes, yes, its deep and the rational is that they will be cheaper, but I'm not sold on that totally. If Reggie is one of the last guys on the market, you're going to see the price driven up by the other teams that missed out.

It could help unless these guys get insane contract offers. Given, it's deep in Fa, but most teams would love to get these types to establish the running game. The first signing will determine how the rest of the market goes. Trust me, I think this is going to be a slow process. Once more and more dominoes start to fall, these guys are going to start bidding wars. As far as supply goes, yes, its deep and the rational is that they will be cheaper, but I'm not sold on that totally. If Reggie is one of the last guys on the market, you're going to see the price driven up by the other teams that missed out.

I agree to an extent, but keep in mind that Reggie, Bradshaw and Turner are nearing the RB "death" age. Also, more and more teams are realizing that in todays NFL you dont need a super star or even elite RB to reach the Super Bowl.

Throw in that we now have a massive showing of late round to UDFA RB's shining in the NFL it all adds up to high price RB's not being worth it.

I'm sure Reggie, Bradshaw and other known name RB's will get work, just not at the price we are used to seeing.

In addition I'm shocked, I mean SHOCKED, the Titans will keep CJ2K at his $10 mill price.

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" as to what the FA market will become. It will happen, and Ireland has us in great position to really do something.

I agree to an extent, but keep in mind that Reggie, Bradshaw and Turner are nearing the RB "death" age. Also, more and more teams are realizing that in todays NFL you dont need a super star or even elite RB to reach the Super Bowl.

Throw in that we now have a massive showing of late round to UDFA RB's shining in the NFL it all adds up to high price RB's not being worth it.

I'm sure Reggie, Bradshaw and other known name RB's will get work, just not at the price we are used to seeing.

In addition I'm shocked, I mean SHOCKED, the Titans will keep CJ2K at his $10 mill price.

Yeah, Rice and Gore were both afterthoughts to the SB teams getting there. C'mon Man.

Yeah, Rice and Gore were both afterthoughts to the SB teams getting there. C'mon Man.

Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....

I would agree. You do not want a massive amount of money tied up in the running backs.

more like let reggie bush walk and sign a vet that runs downhill...

I am starting to accept the truth that Reggie Bush has likely played his last down for the Dolphins. Ireland pulled off one of the better trades in franchise history by swapping 6th round picks in 2012 for him. He put together two very good seasons but the writing is on the wall that things are going to transitioned to Lamar Miller. Unless you can get Bush back for a reasonable contract you kind of have to let him walk. Running backs in their late 20s start to decline and you don't want to tie a lot of money to an aging running back. Declines for running backs happen fast, take Ronnie Brown for example. Do you pay a 28 year old Bush $5 million a year or roll with a 22 year old similar type back for $480,000?

Bush was never going to be massively expensive, running backs never get paid anymore. I want Bush to stay, but im ok with DT, Miller and Thigpen if he wont take a team friendly deal.

Im a really big fan of Thigpen, he has a future outside the return game.

Well, the Titans don't have too much more as far as franchise players are concerned. He's beyond overpaid, but he's one of the few worth watching. For the fans sake, I guess you keep me around. Excitement, jersey sales, etc.

I am starting to accept the truth that Reggie Bush has likely played his last down for the Dolphins. Ireland pulled off one of the better trades in franchise history by swapping 6th round picks in 2012 for him. He put together two very good seasons but the writing is on the wall that things are going to transitioned to Lamar Miller. Unless you can get Bush back for a reasonable contract you kind of have to let him walk. Running backs in their late 20s start to decline and you don't want to tie a lot of money to an aging running back. Declines for running backs happen fast, take Ronnie Brown for example. Do you pay a 28 year old Bush $5 million a year or roll with a 22 year old similar type back for $480,000?

Yep! It would be nice to have Bush come back at the right price but I seriously doubt it will happen. Miller showed enough last season to be more comfortable in not giving Bush what he will be offered from other teams. With all the other needs we have the best move is to roll with Miller and put that 4.5 million towards another need like WR / TE or tackle when long walks.

One of the best trades in franchise history? Jesus Christ.

Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....

Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom