Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Bush and the Ahmad Bradshaw effect.

Obviously they helped out the team. But neither Gore or Rice are elite RB's.

Gore 10th and Rice 11th in rushing this season.

Alfred Morris 2nd, Doug Martin 5th, Stevan Ridley 7th.....

Define elite?

Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.

Don't know mon, elite has different meaning to different Phinatics. IMO, no reason to call anyone an idiot. Who do you consider elite? A very fair question.

:sidelol:

None of those guys are better than Ray Rice. Maybe on the level of Gore at this point of his career.

I'd wager Ray Rice is elite as well.

You do realize there is more to a running back than yards rushing

Don't know mon, elite has different meaning to different Phinatics. IMO, no reason to call anyone an idiot. Who do you consider elite? A very fair question.

I think 'elite' is probably thrown around too much these days. Very few should be worthy of that status. Ladainian Tomlinson was, I believe Ricky was.

Adrian Peterson IS. Could up end up the best of all time if people are ready to move on from Walter/Barry one day.

But who else right now could make the claim of elite? Surely not two rookies or Stevan Ridley lol. Doug Martin has a lot of potential though

Names I'd throw out there I guess... Arian Foster, MJD, Rice, Jamaal Charles, SJax, Marshawn Lynch. But I don't know if any of them belong in the elite tier with Peterson. Surely all upper-echelon though

I understand there is more to a RB than yards. Hence why neither Gore or Rice finished top 10 in TD's either. Who would I consider elite? I would honestly say AP is the only RB in the game right now I consider elite.

One of the best trades in franchise history? Jesus Christ.

One of the "better" trades, and there is no denying that the Dolphins got a great deal with the Bush trade. All they had to do was swap 6th round picks and they got a two year production of 2,660 total yards and 15 total touchdowns. I would say that was absolutely a home run of a trade and one of the "better" trades in franchise history. So get out of here with your condescending "Jesus Christ" response.

Gore and Rice aren't elite running backs because of where they finished in rushing yards in a single season? What an idiot statement with idiotic reasoning.

If i had to go into ONE GAME i had to win with only ONE RUNNING BACK, im riding with Frank Gore. Nobody stops the guy, he always gets his yardage. Instinctive, tough, doesn't fumble. The most natural running back i've ever seen. You can have the Chris Johnsons and Adrian Petersons all you want...give me Frank Gore.

So how else to measure? By TD's? Morris, Martin, Ridley all finished with mode TD's than Rice or Gore... Neither even finished top 10 in TD's. No one is saying Gore and Rice are not good they are just amongst the cluster of "good" RBs in the league.

I think 'elite' is probably thrown around too much these days. Very few should be worthy of that status. Ladainian Tomlinson was, I believe Ricky was.

Adrian Peterson IS. Could up end up the best of all time if people are ready to move on from Walter/Barry one day.

But who else right now could make the claim of elite? Surely not two rookies or Stevan Ridley lol. Doug Martin has a lot of potential though

Names I'd throw out there I guess... Arian Foster, MJD, Rice, Jamaal Charles, SJax, Marshawn Lynch. But I don't know if any of them belong in the elite tier with Peterson. Surely all upper-echelon though

Funny, I enjoy listening to Mike & Mike at 6-7 in the morning. They had the same debate on QB's, and what is elite. FWIW, they came up with a QB who you can count on to win a big game when he needs to. I liked that description.

It goes with the territory these days. That's the happy 40% adjustment crowd.

I really wish certain plays were bettable. Put a so-called downhill running back in the same exact spot as Reggie. Same blocking. Same everything. Then let's wager on what the difference would be, between what Reggie ended up with and what the downhill guy ends up with. Do you realize how clueless the 40% adjustment crowd would be? The biggest problem would be not to laugh. Their numbers would be so far off base they might as well be out in the cornfield. They are offended by the stutter steps so that justifies in their mind that they should hand out 3-5 extra yards every time, minus the stutter. And they'll continue along the happy 40% adjustment lines every time unless you call them on it. Heck, even if you do call them on it. It's typical simplistic analysis.

It reminds me of true crime sites I used to post on. I finally had to give it up when the grasp of basic probability was so inept it cluttered every board and threw the focus off base. The D. B. Cooper case was a prime example. One poster after another was insisting he died during the jump. I asked what they thought the success rate would be, of a parachute landing under those conditions? The responses were priceless. I was receiving numbers like 25% or 30%. And they were serious. It told me I needed to get out of there. It was a lost cause.

Feel free to name a better one.
Ricky Williams. I know he flamed out but he was one of the best players in the entire league in 2002 when we traded for him. He carried the entire offense. Reggie Bush is a guy that was benched at times last season and washed out of the team after 2 seasons. It was an ok trade because you gave up a sixth round pick for a guy that the Saints were going to cut and he played very well for stretches here and there.

Ricky Williams. I know he flamed out but he was one of the best players in the entire league in 2002 when we traded for him. He carried the entire offense. Reggie Bush is a guy that was benched at times last season and washed out of the team after 2 seasons. It was an ok trade because you gave up a sixth round pick for a guy that the Saints were going to cut and he played very well for stretches here and there.
Ricky Wlliams was the better player(pre-2004 retirement) but in terms of compensation given up for and production I think it is arguable which was a better trade. Bush didn't get traded for a 6th round pick, it was a SWAP of 6th round picks so the value of the trade is very high based on production. Ricky had one historic season, two very good seasons and four seasons as a role player/backup. He was also out of the league for almost three full seasons during his time in Miami. Ricky produced more than Reggie ever did but he also came to Miami for four draft picks including two 1st round picks.

The Bush trade was one of the "better" trades because of the relation of compensation given up for return production. I don't think you find anyone who thinks Bush was a better player than Williams, but in terms of compensation given up it is debatable.

Back
Top Bottom