Reggie Bush trucked Sean Smith today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reggie Bush trucked Sean Smith today

Is it me or does Smith have a bit of a Cromartie streak in him?
He's not good at tackling, but he tries on every single tackle which is what I really like to see. I'd like to say more of an Asante Samuel streak. There was also a marked improvement in his tackling from his first to his second season.

Is it me or does Smith have a bit of a Cromartie streak in him?

I wouldn't go that far......Ted Ginn plays like more of a " man " then Cromartie ....and i'm not just saying that, if you watch them in the same game Ginn was winning the hand fights at the LOS all the time when they played each other.

BTW~ Even Great players get beat from time to time in camp.Long , Wake, JT, and #13 have all looked the part of a fool at some point in camp.

If you're going to compete you're going to get beat, end of story.

IMO Sean Smith is the weakest link in our D. I hope Will Allen can push him for the starting spot if he gets back to his pre injury form.

IMO Sean Smith is the weakest link in our D. I hope Will Allen can push him for the starting spot if he gets back to his pre injury form.

I'm starting to think like this...for one of the bigger guys in the secondary he really needs to man up! Geez.

Too bad Davis is anything but a sure tackler. 45 tackles with 13 missed is nothing to be proud of. I'd rather see someone dragged down instead of a missed big hit.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/04/19/tackling-corners/

To me their is a simple reason for it. If you watch how he tackles he tends to go for the killer shot every time and subsequently misses at times, whereas if he goes for the wrap-up i'm sure the number of miss tackles would decrease.

Well I hope Reggie is smart enough to not try that on a LB........good to see he's not afraid to lower the boom but be smart about it, dont want him to be watching games on Sunday with me........

If Sean Smith is the weakest link on a defense, your in very good shape lol

dont forget the safeties buddy

Eventually Sean Smith is going to realize how big he is. The thing I'd really like to see from is using those long arms to jam guys at the line.

Good to hear Reggie is fired up. He's gonna give us a nice spark.

one thing I have learned, SS might not be a practice player but a damn beast on the field game day in coverage so let it be.

speed= inertia=force

just because one is not big, does not mean you cannot have power. I would think balance and speed are more lethal. ronnie brown has power but often times he is dancing and off blance taking away his speed and inertia to pound someone.

walter payton had power because his balance and speed would make the defender off balance and him in line to direct a blow. he also had powerful legs. deceptive.

I stated last year many times that sean smith was a *****. He still made some big plays but he is in henne dilemna. he has to make more big plays than bad ones. He is not a very good tackler. jimmy wilson may take his job one day.

Back
Top Bottom