Replacements for X, Wilkins, Hunt, Berrios, Ogbah, Wilson in the draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Replacements for X, Wilkins, Hunt, Berrios, Ogbah, Wilson in the draft

Thats true and since we have so many needs, we better select an immediate starter with our first round pick.
I hate the term luxury pick, but would love one of the top receivers. I know that's down the list of needs, but that's definitely a strength of the draft.

With Tua that makes a ton of sense. I would love a really good LT, but I think that's not as necessarily as other teams since Tua is a lefty.

I also wonder if Smith could be the guy to take over for Armstead? That would take one more need off the table, but maybe that's overly optimistic.

Agreed.

Listen, Tua was the fastest snap to release QB in the NFL At 2.3 secs
The O line gave an average pocket time of 2.1 seconds. The problem wasnt when the defenders came from the tackles, the problem was when Tua couldn't even step up in the pocket because the interior collapsed also. We want Tua navigating north to south, not east to west.

We need tackles and a line like what NO did for Brees. Just knock those defenders outside and allow Tua to step up and navigate the pocket.

I don't think we need a great Tackle. Maybe Smith could be the answer.

But we need Tua to be able to step up in the pocket where he can go to work a LA Brees.

Fix the IOL and the Chargers game of last year will be our typical offense lol

I hate the term luxury pick, but would love one of the top receivers. I know that's down the list of needs, but that's definitely a strength of the draft.
That sure would be a luxury pick, investing our first rounder on a number 3 WR. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury with needs at almost every position. C, OG, DT, DE, LB, DB and yes WR is a need but not as pressing as the other needs.

I will be extremely surprised if they take a CB in the first round. They will likely lose Hunt and Williams in free agency and right now they only have 2 starters from the OL last year under contract.

I believe they will use their pick in the first round on the top offensive lineman on their board with that pick.
I agree. Most dbs don't come in and be day one starter anyway. That position needs to be addressed in free agency

Agreed.

Listen, Tua was the fastest snap to release QB in the NFL At 2.3 secs
The O line gave an average pocket time of 2.1 seconds. The problem wasnt when the defenders came from the tackles, the problem was when Tua couldn't even step up in the pocket because the interior collapsed also. We want Tua navigating north to south, not east to west.

We need tackles and a line like what NO did for Brees. Just knock those defenders outside and allow Tua to step up and navigate the pocket.

I don't think we need a great Tackle. Maybe Smith could be the answer.

But we need Tua to be able to step up in the pocket where he can go to work a LA Brees.

Fix the IOL and the Chargers game of last year will be our typical offense lol
I believe you are absolutely right.

Wilkins is going no where. Ross loves Wilkins

If Miami loses Wilkins, there's a significant need for a defensive tackle. Murphy, Fiske, Sweat, maybe Darius Robinson.

Murphy is pretty consistently mocked to Seattle. The other three are probably trade down options.

I will be extremely surprised if they take a CB in the first round. They will likely lose Hunt and Williams in free agency and right now they only have 2 starters from the OL last year under contract.

I believe they will use their pick in the first round on the top offensive lineman on their board with that pick.
corner is the last position IMO I would try to address, DT, or OT, and maybe center with the first pick, 2nd pick Xavier Worthy because this most likely Tyreek last season.

If Miami has to replace Wilkins, Hunt and Van Ginkel what's the plan?

How would you all attack that with the additional understanding that the Dolphins should want to get the highest comp value for these losses?

In other words, Grier has to be looking for bargain replacements and players who won't go against the comp formula.

If I'm Grier, getting more draft picks is pretty essential. But what "bargain " players would you pursue?

Back
Top Bottom