Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

I was also at the game yesterday. The thing I noticed about Cutler is that his decision-making is slow. We could see receivers breaking open, and by the time the ball was out, the defenders had time to recover their position. And Cutler was clearly looking to back-pedal at every opportunity. He just wasn’t giving the offense the chances it should have with the weapons available.

Moore came in and the decisions were quick. He was throwing before the receivers were out of their breaks. It was refreshing to watch. Even the interception Moore threw looked to be a very well-thrown ball where Fasano just failed to look for the ball.
Maybe too quick, he did miss a wide open Jay ajayi in the endzone. But that's just nitpicking he did fantastic

Cutlers mechanics have been beyond poor. Everybody has seen his feet, stance and throws but thats gone beyond sone peoples views who decide to ignore Cutler not doing the basics. Some ppl call it ring rust. I call it inexcusable.

Gase is playing it smart here. No reason to commit to either QB at this point. He'll have 10 days after Thursday to mull things over and a larger more recent Matt Moore sample size to help his decision.

From my perspective, I think Moore is the better choice at this point. Yesterday, I watched as Cutler was tentative after being hit and seemed to tuck and roll when defenders got close to him or worse...started back pedaling and throwing off his back foot......he was getting killed back there, and I felt like he was expecting it each play and wasn't stepping into his throws as a result.

Moore on the other hand, did the opposite. He knew he was going to get hit, but was aggressive and stepped into his throws with authority. He had a sense of urgency, yet calmness about him and showed no fear in firing the ball into tight windows which was dictated by the score at the time. It was also amazing to me how the receivers seemed to be wide open for Moore and that never happens with Cutler.

One of the announcers talked about Moore throwing the receivers open vs. Cutler who waits until they are open to throw it.....I think there is a good bit of truth to that.

Matt Moore isn't Aaron Rogers........but he is a capable alternative and we are lucky to have two QB's who can play effectively. Moore is going to get a few games to claim the job so lets see how that goes. I would love to see Moore go on a rampage for the rest of the season.....but if not, we have the Cutler option.

If these last two years have proven anything.....it is that having a capable back up is critical and teams that don't have them.......(Browns, Colts..etc.) will continue to fail.

Cutler is a Big Boy, and he understands How Things Are Done.

In the NFL, the guy who is PLAYING the best, gets the rock. Word. Rule. Period.

If in 2-3 weeks that is Moore, I don't think that a) Gase yanks Moore or that b) Cutler expects him to.

Regardless of contracts or incentives.

If Moore punches out wins over the Ravens and Raiders, that is DOING WORK of a serious nature right there. You can't lightly make a move. If we go 0-2 and Moore flounders, yeah, then, Cutler.

Back
Top Bottom