Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

OK. One case. Every OL blows at one point or another.

The OL played better in the second half last week as well, when we came back from 17 down to beat Atlanta. In both cases, the team ran the ball a lot in the first half and even coming out into the third quarter, and was eventually able to establish equilibrium in the trenches. In both games we still had blown assignments at bad times, but were still able to get an adequate second half pass protection performance.

In both cases, the key to better pass blocking in the second half was not the quarterback, it was the play-calling that led us there.

You run the football and it slows the pass rush. This is what drives me insane about bubble screens and short routes as 'replacements' for rushing plays. You block 'em differently and they have a different cumulative impact on the opposing defense.

I'm not denigrating Matt Moore. I think that if he plays well vs Baltimore, we should probably just start him the rest of the way, warts and all. But I think that you are kind of glossing over what happened last week vs Atlanta with Cutler in the game.

Cutler was not having a good game prior to getting injured, he got lucky as ****... The Stills circus catch certainly wasnt a great throw, the Stills PI should have been an interception and he once again got bailed out by a RTP major foul... On the other hand, every completions by Moore were legit. Ball placement was miles ahead from what we've seen from Cutler. Just look at every pass from both QBs in that game and tell me you really think they both played well...

I missed a good chunk of the game, but the touchdown throw to Fasano was very nice. I actually thought Cutler was playing acceptable football between the second half last week and what I saw of him yesterday.

I missed a good chunk of the game, but the touchdown throw to Fasano was very nice. I actually thought Cutler was playing acceptable football between the second half last week and what I saw of him yesterday.
That was an easy throw. No one expects a pass to Fasano.

I thought he was doing a better job this game, until that horrible INT.

Big O is bizarre. He is still holding on that Cutler is better than Moore and should be starter. I recall a few years ago he was one of the loudest voices to replace Tannehill with Moore. His blind hate for Tannehill was strong if was doing that then but defending Cutler now. Tannehill never played as badly as Cutler.

Anyone else have the feeling this cracked ribs injury might "linger" for a while?

Face saved...makes perfect sense

If Moore plays well, I could see Cutler just retiring like Foster did last year. Save his body and get back in the booth.

I agree with you that Moore generally can't keep good play going, and he'll be crushed by any decent defense. But you're comparing that to...what, exactly? The possibility of Cutler improving with time? Because if the Cutler we've seen so far is the Cutler we'll have for the rest of the season, it's plainly obvious we should have kept that $10M and just rolled with Moore, limited as he is.

Cutler simply doesn't have the hunger. His teammates haven't been playing for him. He's not "part of the brotherhood."

It all comes down to loyalty. Gase is loyal to his guys. Cutler was his guy. He called Cutler up and said "Hey man, I've got a great team, we've got a legit shot, come back, let's finish what we started get you going out on the right page maybe with a SB ring, and hey you get some more cash."

So then what...Gase is going to turn around and stiff the guy basically doing him a favor? Embarrass him by benching him? Not allow him to reach the incentives that get him the money he was promised? Nah, Gase is too loyal for that. He's just not going to see that loyalty to a guy from outside of the team is not going to feel the same as loyalty to a guy on the team to the players in that lockerroom.
I'm not comparing him to anything or anyone. I don't care which one of the two starts as long as we win but when Tannehill went down I pretty much knew any real chance at a super bowl this year was gone. It's fun to win games of course but this is not a great team at this moment and it's not just the QB position. I actually believe the O-line is our biggest problem and it's holding the whole offense back. They can't run block. Ajayi doesn't need a lot of help but he needs some and his o-line is failing him. If they could run block, Ajayi would get going and it'd open up the passing game regardless of who the QB is. So, at this time what I want to see is the young guys get better and if we win some games then great of course but neither Cutler or Moore is taking us to the big dance imo

Ozzy rules!!

So the title contradicts the original post and there's no link anywhere. What the hell is this thread about and why are there 3 pages debating nothing?

Back
Top Bottom