Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

Baltimore is 8-6 vs the Dolphins and we haven't won in Baltimore since 1997. If Moore the Ravens and the Raiders that should raise some eyebrows.

Agreed. I've said elsewhere, if Miami scores 25+ per game with MM, it will be hard to justify Cutler. Particularly if ticket sales go up noticeably.

Let's not get it twisted here... Gase feels absolutely no need to justify or make sense of anything. He will go with Cutler simply because he spear headed the signing so Cutler is basically his big grown *** baby. I like Gase... I've been a fan of his ever since he became the HC and thought he did an excellent job last season but if he let's his ego get in the way of a successful dolphins season by continuing to back a crappy player over a competent one then F*** him.

They have to start Cutler. Cutler is the type of personality that gets disinterested quickly, and Gase knows this. The only way to get any kind of value out of Cutler is to start him. It will suck if Moore continuous to play well on Thursday, but not as much as flushing 10 mil down the drain. Our coaching staff and FO will not allow that to happen unless it becomes absolutely necessary, which is unlikely. Just how it is.
whether jays on the field or sideline ur pissing away 10mil...at least moore can run the offense..

whether jays on the field or sideline ur pissing away 10mil...at least moore can run the offense..

Amazing how we beat the defending NFC champs coming off a loss and a bye in their house with a QB that "can't run the offense". I mean, I more than anyone else on this site was telling people how over-rated ATL was before our game, but I also know they don't suck either (just melt hahaha).

This seems reasonable, as Moore has never shown himself to be good for more than 2, or so, games in a row.

Knowing and utilizing are two different things. Gase even said yesterday he went with plays that Matt performs well with. There is a reason Gase signed Cutler over Moore, Cutler gives you more options on game day. Like I said I don't feel comfortable with Moore long term with our schedule but he has my full support.
The reason why Gase has chosen Cutler over Moore
a) he was available
b) they have a relation
c) Gase is a control freak. He wants plays he calls executed. If he calls for a 2-yard run (with an optional 1 yard pass) on 3rd and 15 he wants that executed. A Matt Moore is a gun slinger a la Brett Favre, Rodgers (with less mobility), yes even a la Jim Kelly and Dan Marino. (he is not equal to them but has the same mentality). If he sees a one-on-one unexpected he throws the called plays overboard and goes for the first down.

Moore executed a full playbook when he came in. His accuracy was impeccable. His understanding and pointing out weaknesses and mismatches was something we did not have up until that point. Even his INT was an impeccable throw right to the spot. Fasano just wanted to be Stills and kept on running straight. Fasano, you ain't no Gronkowski.

If anything our playbook expanded with him in the game. We even ran the no huddle a couple times.

When it comes to trusting a QB for the full season: I don't trust any QB for a full season be it Cutler, Moore not even Tannehill. Until I see a QB in the Dolphins uniform who will take the team to the playoffs over an entire season I am always concerned.

What I am missing in this whole discussion is the bitching about the OL with Moore under center. For years and even this year the bitching never seemed to end. Moore played with the same OL like Cutler and nobody mentioned the OL. Hey wait we were even missing Tunsil as well at that point. Why is nobody mentioning our horrific OL when Moore was in? Because Moore recognizes weakness on our team as well. He made our OL look much better than they seemed to be before he entered the game.

He faced the same 9 or 10-man front like Cutler but he punished the Jets. While Cutler and Moore were statistically almost identical Moore took over the game on offense. As a fan being down 7 points with Cutler at QB is almost like a feeling of conceding the game. There was just no hope. Being down by 14 with Moore at QB we felt we still had a chance.

I don't know how the next couple weeks will turn out. I hope Moore can continue on. But regardless I am much more confident with a Moore-led offense going into Baltimore than with a Cutler-led offense.

Anyone else have the feeling this cracked ribs injury might "linger" for a while?
If Moore plays well, this is what I think we'll see, and Cutler will be declared inactive for the duration.
If Moore plays poorly, Cutler will be back ASAP.

However Moore plays, and for better or worse, what I think we will not see is Cutler in uniform holding a clipboard.

Statistically Moore and Cutler played about the same. The intangible is how much MOOR effort the TEAM put forth with Moore at QB.
That is the difference maker.
The team simply played better with Moore.
If that continues and Gase tries to switch back, he is a moron and more concerned about his private assurances to Cutlers about starting and playing time than with the team itself.
Frankly, I hope Cutlers injury lingers.
I doubt we win the super bowl this year, but doing the right thing for the TEAM is all that matters.

What I am missing in this whole discussion is the bitching about the OL with Moore under center

We got knocked out of field goal range because of a blown protection assignment. It looked like it was Ajayi's fault, but nonetheless we had a potentially devastating setback because of incompetent pass protection.

Gase did not say that. Let's change the title

Statistically Moore and Cutler played about the same. The intangible is how much MOOR effort the TEAM put forth with Moore at QB.
That is the difference maker.
The team simply played better with Moore.
If that continues and Gase tries to switch back, he is a moron and more concerned about his private assurances to Cutlers about starting and playing time than with the team itself.
Frankly, I hope Cutlers injury lingers.
I doubt we win the super bowl this year, but doing the right thing for the TEAM is all that matters.

We did, for one quarter. The problem with Moore is he lacks the arm talent that Jay possesses, and on top of that he has a habit of turning the ball over just like Jay. Sure it doesn't matter against the Jets, but when you play good teams like Pitt in the playoffs last year, his warts start to show. Cutler opens up the field more with his arm talent, and gives us a better shot at beating teams like Pittsburg in December/January when it counts. This is all in theory of course lol, alright I need to get back to work. Go Dolphins.

and yea, it might not be all on cutler cuz the line sucks but theres no defending his poor mechanics, that throw where there
Amazing how we beat the defending NFC champs coming off a loss and a bye in their house with a QB that "can't run the offense". I mean, I more than anyone else on this site was telling people how over-rated ATL was before our game, but I also know they don't suck either (just melt
Amazing how we beat the defending NFC champs coming off a loss and a bye in their house with a QB that "can't run the offense". I mean, I more than anyone else on this site was telling people how over-rated ATL was before our game, but I also know they don't suck either (just melt hahaha).

take a look at cutlers numbers from last year, theyre just as bad as hes been this season...yea he played well enough to squeak out a win against atl but the offense by no means was good...one quarter of matt moore yesterday was more exciting than the offense has been all season...

cutlers bad mechanics and lack of giving a **** are not going to change...if you ask me cutlers probably happy hes hurt and is going to milk this, he looks like he doesnt wanna play

Back
Top Bottom