Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

I pretty much agree with you. Maybe a chunk of the fanbase has a fit if Cutler gets his job back even if Moore plays well, but there is zero evidence that the guys in the Fins lockeroom have any issues with Cutler. In fact the evidence, Landry's tirade, points to a lockerroom squarely in Cutler's corner. They love Moore too. The fans should follow suit supporting both players for now. We very well may need both through the end of the season. And in his last 4 quarters on the field, Cutler has put 34 points on the board. That's not lousy play.
A lot of fans just think because there's this perception that Cutler is a d!ck and they (the fans that is) hate him that all of his teammates must hate him too, which I don't see based on all the evidence. The bottom line is the fans don't know jack **** about what goes on inside that locker room, so honestly, they need to just can it.

Really? Moore knows the playbook probably better than anybody on offense.

He probably means ability-wise rather than knowledge-wise, but I dont agree with that either.

I think Moore can make any throw in that playbook. Well....maybe not any of them, but the vast majority of them.

The RPO **** can go out the window, but that was pretty much out the window with Cutler anyway.

I'm not a Cutler fan. I've seen nothing as a fan to instil any positives that he can lead by example. Moore may not be the short term answer either but Cutler? No thanks.
I'm going to back whomever is behind center. Gase is a smart coach, it's his team and I trust him to play the qb that he believes can help us win the most. This team was dealt a serious blow before season started and have exceeded my expectations. I knew there would be struggles going in. I'm just not buying that we are going to get the Matt Moore spark plug play week in and week out with teams now having full time to prepare for him. Cutler stepped up his game last two weeks , now he will be out for however long. He may struggle again getting back in sync , who knows but again I am happy to accept Gase's decision either way.

It's not a "yes" and it's not a "no". Basically, Gase is a smart guy and knows he doesn't have to commit to anything right now. Let things play out.

I always liked Moore as a Dolphins player but asking Gase now for a QB decision is stupid. Moore clearly outplayed Cutler against the Jets. He was more comfortable in the offense and use his receivers.
But let's first see how the next couple weeks develop. I am pretty positive that Moore will get the job not only done but will outplay Cutler. But my opinion is just that: an opinion.
Just when I said with Tannehill out it doesn't matter what we could (or not) have done with him it was about the two QBs on the roster. Same now: Cutler is out and it is Moore's job to keep us in the competition. Cutler vs Moore becomes an issue when Cutler is ready to play and Moore exceeded most fans expectations.

I think this situation lends itself to a "let's see how it goes" kind of attitude....we don't know when Cutler will want to play again with that rib injury, and we don't know how Moore will hold up through a few starts as far as his play level....

so answering the question now is silly

What's funny, to me, about this debate, is that if Cutler had come out of the locker room mid-way through the 4th yesterday while Moore was turning this into a win, and said "hey, I'm good now"... would they have put him back in? I highly doubt it. The entire offense just looked better with Moore. He stepped into his throws (yes some were risky, but that's MM), held the pocket and trusted the line when he was able to. Everyone wants to know what will happen 2-3 games from now, but I honestly don't think Cutler would have been re-inserted when it was 28-21 (just my opinion). No, I don't think MM is the answer for us at QB, but anyone who watched both play yesterday has to admit the offense had a better vibe to it with MM in there. And don't throw the QB rating at me - a third of Cutlers yards came on a jump ball circus play by Stills that just as easily could have been intercepted. The QB who is going to take this team deep into the playoffs is not MM or JC, but for my money, the MM version of this offense is so much more palatable than the Cutler version. Cutler honestly seems to play like he is trying not to get hurt and collect his $10M. This is why he keeps moving backward in the pocket (which by the way makes it even more difficult to block for him because it creates new angles for rushers. Just my opinions, probably some are flawed.

Really? Moore knows the playbook probably better than anybody on offense.
Knowing and utilizing are two different things. Gase even said yesterday he went with plays that Matt performs well with. There is a reason Gase signed Cutler over Moore, Cutler gives you more options on game day. Like I said I don't feel comfortable with Moore long term with our schedule but he has my full support.

Also, who here thinks Miami wins yesterday if Cutler doesn't get hurt? Be honest.

Its worth noting that for his first two starts last year Matt Moore DID play like the 1984 version of Marino.

I like Moore as a backup,but I think people here are outing WAY too much faith in him starting the rest of the year. Not that Cutler was lighting the world on fire, but I'm not sure if Moore is a better option.

I was at the game. Saw an entire half of play from both QB... the different in ball flight, passion, awareness just jumps out at you. At this point in their respective careers, Moore is easily the better QB IMO.

Putting faith in him as a starter is pretty much the better of two crappy options, and i'm okay with that.

Moore has proven he can put up 30+ pts on multiple occasions with this offense. Cutler struggles to get this team to 20 pts. I've seen enough of Cutler.

Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins plan to reinstate Jay Cutler to the starting offense once he’s healthy unless Matt Moore plays like the 1984 version of Dan Marino. I personally think that’s an incredibly stupid thing to do but what do I know.
Do you have a link to Armando statement? If not the thread title needs to be changed.

Everything we hear for the next couple weeks will be purely coach-speak. Just like everyone sounded the alarm and though Timmons was going to be cut based on Gases words.

I'm confident Gase is smart enough to not pull Moore if he plays at a high level over the next couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom