Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Gase non-committal on Cutler as starter when healthy

Cutler was not having a good game prior to getting injured, he got lucky as ****... The Stills circus catch certainly wasnt a great throw, the Stills PI should have been an interception and he once again got bailed out by a RTP major foul... On the other hand, every completions by Moore were legit. Ball placement was miles ahead from what we've seen from Cutler. Just look at every pass from both QBs in that game and tell me you really think they both played well...

Agree with every word of this. I don't think Cutler was good in the 2nd half of last week, and I don't think he was good in the first half of this game. Football can be a funny game and so we've managed to win despite these things. But just watch the throws. That's all you have to do.

Cutler was not having a good game prior to getting injured, he got lucky as ****... The Stills circus catch certainly wasnt a great throw, the Stills PI should have been an interception and he once again got bailed out by a RTP major foul... On the other hand, every completions by Moore were legit. Ball placement was miles ahead from what we've seen from Cutler. Just look at every pass from both QBs in that game and tell me you really think they both played well...

Agree. And that Cutler pick on the 5 yard line was ugly because he just stood there watching the ball float in front of him...no attempt to battle for the ball.
That play was huge momentum for the Jets.

So the title contradicts the original post and there's no link anywhere. What the hell is this thread about and why are there 3 pages debating nothing?
Thread title was changed. Originally it said Cutler would be the starter again once healthy but Gase's comments today debunked that theory.

Thread title was changed. Originally it said Cutler would be the starter again once healthy but Gase's comments today debunked that theory.
Ah. That makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up. It would help if there was a link to an actual source though.

Big O is bizarre. He is still holding on that Cutler is better than Moore and should be starter. I recall a few years ago he was one of the loudest voices to replace Tannehill with Moore. His blind hate for Tannehill was strong if was doing that then but defending Cutler now. Tannehill never played as badly as Cutler.

He's a guy best known for screaming over his callers and having dumb opinions. What do you expect?

Big O is bizarre. He is still holding on that Cutler is better than Moore and should be starter. I recall a few years ago he was one of the loudest voices to replace Tannehill with Moore. His blind hate for Tannehill was strong if was doing that then but defending Cutler now. Tannehill never played as badly as Cutler.
Big O is an idiot.

Looks like Armando got some bad info. Thanks for changing the thread title, mods.

The 10 million is already lost. It's gone. You will not get it back by continuing to play this dumbass that can't throw a football to save his life unless it's off his back foot as he's falling backwards and who simply stands there after every handoff watching the play like "what do you mean I'm supposed to act like I could still have the ball, I got the ball to the RB, my job is done" or throws the football straight at the helmet of an oncoming passrusher as if in an attempt to distract him with a more valuable target. His most effective play is chuck it and duck into the fetal position and hope for PI or roughing the passer.

It's an absolute embarrassment every time Cutler goes out on the field. This isn't bad QB play. This is non-QB play. Cutler is playing at the level of football you would expect from your 4th string wide-receiver/runningback/tight-end who has never thrown a pass in the pros being forced into the position due to injuries. AND WE'RE PLAYING THIS IDIOT AS OUR STARTER?

There's absolutely no excuse if Cutler really comes back. I'm just going to have to believe this is Gase letting Cutler go out gracefully with a soon-to-be 11 game lingering injury. Otherwise I'll give up all hope on Gase's talent evaluation and his obvious cronyism.
Amen. Cutler is washed up and Gase has to know this by now.

I was also at the game yesterday. The thing I noticed about Cutler is that his decision-making is slow. We could see receivers breaking open, and by the time the ball was out, the defenders had time to recover their position. And Cutler was clearly looking to back-pedal at every opportunity. He just wasn’t giving the offense the chances it should have with the weapons available.

Moore came in and the decisions were quick. He was throwing before the receivers were out of their breaks. It was refreshing to watch. Even the interception Moore threw looked to be a very well-thrown ball where Fasano just failed to look for the ball.

I don't care who starts as QB. I'm all in with Gase. I support w/e decision he makes.

I don't care who starts as QB. I'm all in with Gase. I support w/e decision he makes.
I uses to think that until he stuck with Cutler when we had shutouts and Offense was comatosed. I think it's perfectly reasonable to question Gase and his reluctance to change QBs when sticking with Cutler was blatantly costing the team.

Back
Top Bottom