Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
According to Bob Glauber of Newsday, one of those teams is the New York Jets.

Per Glauber, the Jets are "seriously considering" the possibility of doing a deal for the guy who, one week ago today, was practicing his punting.

And it's no surprise. G.M. Mike Tannenbaum surely realizes that he narrowly avoided getting the Mangini treatment in January, and Tannenbaum surely is smart enough to realize that another season of unfulfilled expectations could get him a lot closer to the chopping block (but yet not smart enough to avoid Marshall like a hot dog topped off with chili, onions, and swine flu).

With receiver Laveranues Coles gone and not yet replaced (unless Chansi Stuckey is the real deal), the Jets need someone who can help Tannenbaum's prior 2009 big risk -- rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez -- look good by getting open and catching the ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/02/report-jets-considering-brandon-marshall-trade/

I perosnally don't think Marshall will have as great of a year on any other team that he did with Denver. When he had those great years with Denver he had Cutler forcing him the ball on many occasions. And there are a good chunk of those balls thrown to him that resulted in interceptions.

So because of this he will be one of those recievers that if the balls isn't thrown to him every down, he will be on the sideline punting footballs around out of frustration.

I sure as hell don't want him here, but I would rather he didn't sign within our division.

A happy Brandon Marshall is a good Brandon Marshall, and should be feared.

Nothing good (for the Fins) can come from this situation. If he becomes a Jet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a lot of money to dump into a guy who is almost a sure thing to get into more trouble.

I perosnally don't think Marshall will have as great of a year on any other team that he did with Denver. When he had those great years with Denver he had Cutler forcing him the ball on many occasions. And there are a good chunk of those balls thrown to him that resulted in interceptions.

So because of this he will be one of those recievers that if the balls isn't thrown to him every down, he will be on the sideline punting footballs around out of frustration.

Well imagine what he could have done if Cutler didn't throw interceptions and force the football. :lol:

You cant BUY team chemistry......just like the Skins try to do every single year....this will blow up in their face.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone so worried about what the division rivals do? We already see Moss/Welker, TO/Evans.....If the Jets get Marshall we will see Marshall/Cotchery.....

If you can't stop Moss/Welker, you cant win the division. Marshall/Cotchery is just another hurdle. If you can't stop 2 good recievers, you arn't a Sb team anyway.

Gee tell that to the Pats and the Cowboys sure look like world beaters with out Owens.

The Cowboys look like world beaters? My boss is a HUGE cowboys fan and even he is picking them to finish behind the Giants....

Back
Top Bottom