Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach

Evidently Ryan was being impatient.

At a time when it was widely believed that Rex Ryans’ first choice was the Falcons, it turned out that Ryan wanted to make a choice before the Falcons were ready to make a decision.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Rex was in a rush to get his situation resolved. And that resolution came by accepting the offer in Buffalo.

While Ryan may have believed that the Falcons should have been moving more quickly, the reality is that owner Arthur Blank’s 99-year-old mother passed away last week. On one hand, time is of the essence when the coaching carousel spins; on the other hand, certain things are more important than making a hasty coaching hire.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/rex-ryan-wasnt-willing-to-wait-for-falcons/

this really sucks, I wanted him to go to Atlanta so I can root for him. Now he will terrorize us, he has the horses now outside of QB. all they need is a competent QB and they can contend in the AFC and they will.

If Rex is so good than why did he get fired from the jets? I really dont see how this is a scary sutuation for the phins....

If Rex is so good than why did he get fired from the jets? I really dont see how this is a scary sutuation for the phins....

so if Belichick is so good why was he fired from Cleveland?(and about to be fired from NE)

Really? Who said that?

Ryan has failed to develop any QB with the Jets and the Bills have no QB (so to speak of). Their DC is departing and they most likely will switch the D to a 3-4. The Bills strength just weakened a little.

You constant hate of Philbin (which is borderline pathetic) prevents you from living in the reality.

LOL. Stop making things up.

Schwartz is staying.

Rex has many deficiencies that keeps him from being a great HC, but I think he is an upgrade over Marrone. It will be interesting to see who comes in as OC. If they can hire a solid OC, I think they can win some games with that D and running game.

I am also curious to see if he will go back to being loud mouth Rex. It would give that team a boost in the short term, but his shtick will get old when he can't back it up.

What is really going to be funny is if Quinn reject the Jets and they end up hiring Marrone. :lol2:

Rex has many deficiencies that keeps him from being a great HC, but I think he is an upgrade over Marrone. It will be interesting to see who comes in as OC. If they can hire a solid OC, I think they can win some games with that D and running game.

I am also curious to see if he will go back to being loud mouth Rex. It would give that team a boost in the short term, but his shtick will get old when he can't back it up.

What is really going to be funny is if Quinn reject the Jets and they end up hiring Marrone. :lol2:

the Jets backed it up the first few years, as talent drained he dialed back to proclamations.

I don't hate Marrone but a Marrone for Rex swap would kill me.

the Jets backed it up the first few years, as talent drained he dialed back to proclamations.

I don't hate Marrone but a Marrone for Rex swap would kill me.

Not really. He made it to the AFCC games the first two years, but his predictions were Super Bowl wins. Towards the end of 2011, his proclamations had become a joke. The talent drained, but his talking didn't. Remember in 2012 he declared that his Jets team was the best he had since he had been there. The one that finished 6-10. When Tannenbaum was fired and the new boss came in, that is when his talking stopped.

Marrone is an average coach to me. I hope he ends up with the Jets. :chuckle:

Not really. He made it to the AFCC games the first two years, but his predictions were Super Bowl wins. Towards the end of 2011, his proclamations had become a joke. The talent drained, but his talking didn't. Remember in 2012 he declared that his Jets team was the best he had since he had been there. The one that finished 6-10. When Tannenbaum was fired and the new boss came in, that is when his talking stopped.

Marrone is an average coach to me. I hope he ends up with the Jets. :chuckle:

he talked big and his teams backed him up when they had talent, when talking in 2012,2013 and 2014 he wasn't boasting like was early, he was trying to pump those teams up.

still better than Philbin:lol:

he talked big and his teams backed him up when they had talent, when talking in 2012,2013 and 2014 he wasn't boasting like was early, he was trying to pump those teams up.

still better than Philbin:lol:

If they backed him up, they would have 2 super bowl wins. :) I don't remember any wild predictions once Idzik took over.

I don't know about better, but they are certainly close.

Winning %

Philbin - .479
Marrone - .469

If they backed him up, they would have 2 super bowl wins. :) I don't remember any wild predictions once Idzik took over.

I don't know about better, but they are certainly close.

Winning %

Philbin - .479
Marrone - .469
Marrone actually has a winning season.

Marrone actually has a winning season.

He also has a worse losing season. Both week 17 games were meaningless for both teams, so I don't put much stock into 8-8 or 9-7. They're both average.

He also has a worse losing season. Both week 17 games were meaningless for both teams, so I don't put much stock into 8-8 or 9-7. They're both average.

week 16 was meaningless for Miami too and they won that one. Marrone did a better job than Philbin w/ what should be a worse QB. If Orton is better than Ryan you guys are in big trouble.

Back
Top Bottom