Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach

The Bills were 3d in defense so again, the improvement is marginal. Who the QB is will determine how far they can go. If it's Manual I think they can finish about the same as this year. If they find an effective game manager they are playoff contenders.

Same schtick at the beginning of the 2014 season.

Yeah, Rex coaches a hell of a defense, but there isnt much room to improve there. The Bills next season will go as their offense goes and right now the QB situation doesnt appear promising.

If Im a Bills fan Im a bit worried for two reasons:

1. Rex has shown himself to be subpar at best at hiring offensive assistants he can delegate to.

2. Hes an awesome defensive coach, but the defense with the Jets has fallen off over the last few year. Not because of coaching, but because of personnel. Thats concerning because the Jets have poured an inordinate amount of high draft picks into the D in recent years and a lot of them just havent panned out the way they hoped. You gotta believe Rex had some influence on those defense top heavy drafts. How much, I dont know. But its definitely something to think about if youre a Bills fan.

Bills now guaranteed to be mediocre to suck for another half a decade.

Over the last four seasons the Jets defense finished 20, 20, 19 and 24 in the NFL in PPG. Did the Bills really get any better? I don't think so. Rex walking into a situation where there is still no QB tells me he doesn't view the position as being as important as his defense. The Falcons would have been perfect for him.

Agree. The Bills will get a bump for a season or 2 then go to back being the Bills.

Maybe, ATL's offense was too dynamic and complex for Rexie's liking???

Rex Ryan to Buffalo

I'm not a fan and I would not want him as our HC. However, a rejuvenated Ryan will make Buffalo even more difficult to beat and they are better having Ryan.

There's reports that Quinn is the favorite for the Jets job. If he gets hired there, a case could be made Philbin would be the worst coach in the division. Next season will ultimately decide as Quinn is just potential at this point.

Ryan is a glutton for punishment. Once again, he'll have a team w a stud defense and a QB dumber than a box of rocks.

The Bills defense was already a great squad....not sure how much more upside there is from how they performed this year. Rex has also proven in my opinion that he hasn't put the importance on the offense that is needed to be successful. I don't see him as an upgrade to Marrone, who did a great job in my opinion.

We are 1-3 against Buffalo over the last two years.....honestly, I'm glad Marrone's gone and Rex is there. We have had more success against him.

Great hire. The Bills got better today, folks.

Really? Who said that?

Ryan has failed to develop any QB with the Jets and the Bills have no QB (so to speak of). Their DC is departing and they most likely will switch the D to a 3-4. The Bills strength just weakened a little.

You constant hate of Philbin (which is borderline pathetic) prevents you from living in the reality.

There's reports that Quinn is the favorite for the Jets job. If he gets hired there, a case could be made Philbin would be the worst coach in the division. Next season will ultimately decide as Quinn is just potential at this point.

"Could" be made?

Back
Top Bottom