Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Trading within the division is ****ing moronic.
End of story.

The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.

When I am "backed into a corner"? :lol: LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again? :lol:

I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.

I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense. Thanks for further proving my point that the offense is the team's major issue, bar none. The defense kept us in all but 3-4 games the entire season.

Revis is an unrestricted free agent in 2014. You want him you get him then for free.
You dont rent a gimpy DB coming off a torn ACL injury, and you would have to give up multiple high picks to get him.

When I am "backed into a corner"? :lol: LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again? :lol:
The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?

I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense.

You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?

It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? In a sense, but talk to most "experts" and that is the path he will follow if not WR. I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.

The Dolphins should pursue this trade, period. Darrelle Revis is the best player in the league, bar none, when right. We instantly become the best defense in football with the addition of Darrelle Revis, and we have the ammunition to make it happen. Is Mike Wallace, Darrelle Revis, Ed Reed, Jermicheal Finley a dream? Absolutely. But it's also absolutely possible, thanks in large part to the foresight of Jeff Ireland. If the stars align this could be a very Heat-getting-the-big-three type of offseason. And we still have plenty of picks..

The Jets will play ball for the right price, and it's ok if it's a little steeper for their arch rivals. This years 1st and a 2nd this year. If you agree to extend Revis upon trading for him, I guarantee he would take less $ to be a Miami Dolphin. No state income tax, beautiful weather, a team on the rise..

It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.
Bro please keep this peaceful. If you so like you can start a thread with a poll question and see what the results might be.

It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.
Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.

You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.

Tom Brady x2, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford (average I guess as of now), and Kaepernick are all QBs that are easy to slow down?

Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.

I wouldn't believe that it would only take two 1st rounders, I added a "+" symbol, meaning that there would more than likely be additional picks involved. Revis is a hell of a player, and for two 1st rounders I'd roll out the red carpet...however, I see a bigger price on him, especially discussing trade between bitter divisional rivals heading in two opposite directions (so it seems). Those 2nds and 3rds you speak of would probably be gone in a result of a Revis trade accompanying the 1st rounders as well.

Dude's a FA next year. Trading the Jets multiple high picks for him this year is sheer stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom