Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.

nooooooooo way Not Pouncey, Maybe Odrick and sean smith , but noway NOT Pouncey.

If we did just a player for player swap I think we would have to give up either Tannehill or Wake plus we'd probably have to throw in another player on top.

For all you guys saying no, you're crazy.

Revis is in the top 10 players in this league you'd be mad not to want him just like the Jets are mad to think about trading him ......

No he's not, there isn't a DB in the NFL right now that is shut down anything. Basically, I wouldn't put the type of investment required to get a Revis. That's why he's over rated, they all are, basically.

The term "shut down CB" is very much overused . . . but like I said, Revis is the "closest" thing to shut down as this league has. He's a playmaker and a difference maker.

It doesn't interest me to give up 2 first round picks and 14 million a year for the guy either . . . but that doesn't make him overrated . . . that is where the market is for him and he'll get close to that amount.

We need to draft our own Revis or lets start with drafting a solid starting CB and entertain this when he enters Free Agency.

The likelihood that the New York Jets trade Darrelle Revis to the Miami Dolphins has the same chance of taking place as Mark Sanchez going undefeated and winning the Superbowl next season for them.

Or Rex Ryan not asking his wife if he can worship her feet every Toesday.

In other words...

IT.AIN'T.HAPPENIN...

EVER!

I will be surprised if they deal him but it makes sense to at least explore what they could get for him.

There's no chance we'd trade him to a div rival no matter what you could give us.

I'd look into it, I dunno if I'd give up a huge sum with him coming off an ACL tear, but I;d be willing to part with a 2nd and a conditional future pick (say 3rd that would become a 2nd if Revis met incentives)

I'm amazed that this thread reached 4 pages and is full of people thinking that this is actually a possibility. It's just not going to happen. The only way it would happen is if Ireland is dumb enough to overpay with a trade that will obviously set us back more than it will help us. Anything less than that, the Jets just won't do it.

this is the first good move the jest will have made in a while. they will get a couple of good picks for him and not have to pay his high salary going forward. they are in rebuilding mode and the next two seasons will be a bust. smart move for their future.

the price for him would be higher for any team in the AFC East.
Could you imagine having him though? Sean Smith would get picked on all day long. lol

Revis going down twice in 2 years last time in front of our eyes by merely mis-stepping), plus his Me First modis operendi smells too much like Culpecker to feel comfortable anteeing up the farm without a bunch of health and performance related protections written into the contract. He's already got a stipulation that he can't be franchised and to me that's a red flag that the kind of shenanigans he's pulled and threatened would continue.

what are you making up today? twice in 2 years, what was his season ending injury in 2011?

if he was a phin what would you be saying about him?

Back
Top Bottom