Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Why? If the premiere talent is LB at 22, I dont see the the combination of youth, talent or long term commitment with Alonso or Timmons (cant judge Brown since he's not even under contract) to pass on it for a "need pick". I agree with the earlier poster, and it aligns with comments from the FO, that they are trying to position themselves to take the BPA in the first 2 rounds.

They are trying to extend alonzo and more than that they just put up a 1st round tender on him and you dont think they are committed to him?

A couple of tweets about Zach Brown
[TWEET]840699442177150976[/TWEET]

[TWEET]841022413534027780[/TWEET]

Thats weakside lb ideal fit stuff all day long...not moving kiko out there if they sign zach brown

Thats weakside lb ideal fit stuff all day long...not moving kiko out there if they sign zach brown

I agree with that. Though there will definitely be an adjustment period for both Timmons and Brown (should he sign) not being clean vs outside runs like they often were in 3-4 and now being asked to set the edge at times to funnel back inside.

I don't know man, if you sign brown and still draft a Cunningham Davis or say maybe foster slides, this could be a strength of the D..make an area of strength, stronger. If it's truly BPA, this could still be in play.

I don't know man, if you sign brown and still draft a Cunningham Davis or say maybe foster slides, this could be a strength of the D..make an area of strength, stronger. If it's truly BPA, this could still be in play.

Well if they stay healthy as in timmons kiko and brown you wont have any snaps for high pick rookie lb so i dont want to hear this dudes a bust or why did we draft a lb that doesnt play stuff

Cause thats what you are looking at in 2017 they arent signing timmons and brown if they go that route to sit the pine and they first round tendered kiko so hes not plan b or c either

At any rate sniffing reddick and cunningham and now meeting with brown seems like a pretty good indicator to me they arent looking for a mike but more a weak side option

They are trying to extend alonzo and more than that they just put up a 1st round tender on him and you dont think they are committed to him?

Perhaps, but I'm referring to the full LB unit, specifically the 3 starters. If there is a stud LB that is your BPA at 22, would you not pull the trigger on the pick because of Timmons, Alonso and (hypothetically) Brown being on the roster?

Perhaps, but I'm referring to the full LB unit, specifically the 3 starters. If there is a stud LB that is your BPA at 22, would you not pull the trigger on the pick because of Timmons, Alonso and (hypothetically) Brown being on the roster?

Just answer me this where are the snaps gonna come from for said rookie and who is he going to otas even and mini camps as the first team reps lb over having made the moves we have made at lb this offseason?

You dont think zach browns coming to be 2 deep do you? Kiko 1st round tendered isnt and timmons $11 mil guaranteed damn sure isnt

We dont have the snaps unless you are cool with a red shirt and i dont think miami can afford that

and god knows i want a lb as much as anyone hell more even probably but you got to read the tea leaves here

this teams not eating these monies on these lbs

Just answer me this where are the snaps gonna come from for said rookie and who is he going to otas even and mini camps as the first team reps lb over having made the moves we have made at lb this offseason?

You dont think zach browns coming to be 2 deep do you? Kiko 1st round tendered isnt and timmons $11 mil guaranteed damn sure isnt

We dont have the snaps unless you are cool with a red shirt and i dont think miami can afford that

and god knows i want a lb as much as anyone hell more even probably but you got to read the tea leaves here

this teams not eating these monies on these lbs

Point taken, but yes if I'm convinced that the 3 down LB sitting there is a strong, core player on my d for the next decade I'd pull the trigger and work him in as I can this year. I'm thinking long term. Even with a Brown signing...Timmons is here 2 years. Let's see what the contracts are for Brown and Alonso.

Let me ask you if you'd pull the trigger on a DE or CB at 22 if he's "the guy". Premium positions yes, but we've wake and Branch for 2 years with Hays for a year. Maxwell for this year and a young Howard. I'm guessing yes because they're critical positions. I'd argue a 3 down LB is not so far behind in importance that it's crazy to draft one.

I think the FO is trying to position the roster so that they can draft BPA first 2 rounds. If you look at current salaries and young talent as blocks against positions being picked, we're picking a G and a nickel CB at 1 and 2...maybe TE or FS depending on those recent contracts

If Kiko was already extended then yeah, we would have all three LB's with multiple years invested in them, and I'd think it's off the board. But who's to say that signing Brown wouldn't put the brakes on a long-term extension for Kiko? Especially if you can add a better fit for mike via the draft. Investing $4 mil in Kiko for 2017 just isn't that much money in NFL terms. Timmons is here for two years. That much is certain. But if you draft a high end MLB, you don't have to spend $7-8mil a year to retain Kiko past 2017. If he's not ideal in the middle anyway, why would you do that? Just looking long haul, and not only at 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some highlights for an idea. Both Titans and Bills

[video=youtube;jfNYGHLzfRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNYGHLzfRk[/video]

[video=youtube;8CkTxckkYhQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CkTxckkYhQ[/video]

Back
Top Bottom