Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

If Kiko was already extended then yeah, we would have all three LB's with multiple years invested in them, and I'd think it's off the board. But who's to say that signing Brown wouldn't put the brakes on a long-term extension for Kiko? Especially if you can add a better fit for mike via the draft. Investing $4 mil in Kiko for 2017 just isn't that much money in NFL terms. Timmons is here for two years. That much is certain. But if you draft a high end MLB, you don't have to spend $7-8mil a year to retain Kiko past 2017. If he's not ideal in the middle anyway, why would you do that? Just looking long haul, and not only at 2017.

I hear you guys im just not buying it...unless brown is signing for backup money which hed be dumb to do now when he should hedge his bets til later in camp and see if someone has an injury to a starter to see if he can sign for starting money on a one year deal or something and enter back into free agency

Id bet money that he signs here it says starter money per on however many years the terms are

And as such id bet miami is no longer in the off the los primary lb top 2 round pick market in the draft...comp 3 maybe as depth and developmental depth but top 55 nah

I will go a little further with this too...most teams who drop top 2 round picks on off the los primary lbs be it mikes or weaks especially do so with an exact out the gate role in mind as in snaps and usually its plug and play starter plan a...they dont red shirt top 50 pick lbs because they dont have the luxury too...more likely what happens is they go to camp the plan a rookie underwhelms and they either give it a go anyways or they look to some stop gap veteran to bridge the gap...

But play specials and sit behind guaranteed money veteran lbs and "wait their turn" nope

Raiders are still in play and have been talking with Brown since his visit per his buddy Womble.

well going to post what is available. I'm not saying that's proof of anything, but don't get all high and mighty cause you have tivo

I don't have cable or anything of the sort. :idk:

It's just that every player has a hype video out there and it really doesn't provide any insight.

[video=youtube;QIH0eHMBSDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIH0eHMBSDA[/video]

I don't have cable or anything of the sort. :idk:

It's just that every player has a hype video out there and it really doesn't provide any insight.

[video=youtube;QIH0eHMBSDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIH0eHMBSDA[/video]

No cable? Damn Shula, what do you do all day? Netflix and chill? :d-day: haha

I hear you guys im just not buying it...unless brown is signing for backup money which hed be dumb to do now when he should hedge his bets til later in camp and see if someone has an injury to a starter to see if he can sign for starting money on a one year deal or something and enter back into free agency

Id bet money that he signs here it says starter money per on however many years the terms are

And as such id bet miami is no longer in the off the los primary lb top 2 round pick market in the draft...comp 3 maybe as depth and developmental depth but top 55 nah

I will go a little further with this too...most teams who drop top 2 round picks on off the los primary lbs be it mikes or weaks especially do so with an exact out the gate role in mind as in snaps and usually its plug and play starter plan a...they dont red shirt top 50 pick lbs because they dont have the luxury too...more likely what happens is they go to camp the plan a rookie underwhelms and they either give it a go anyways or they look to some stop gap veteran to bridge the gap...

But play specials and sit behind guaranteed money veteran lbs and "wait their turn" nope

The ONLY LB i can see them redshirting is TJ Watt b/c he's a one year starter after a position switch and some knee surgeries and is still a bit raw for the pro game, especially a 4-3 base. I could see them playing him some at SLB and as a situational pass rush guy.

Timmons could spell Kiko at MLB or Brown at WLB. Not saying i see a ton of value in that for a team i think is on a 2 year "all hands on deck" plan, but not completely out of the question in my twisted mind.

No cable? Damn Shula, what do you do all day? Netflix and chill? :d-day: haha

I don't do TV or movies. I've become a flippin' football dork over the years. I wouldn't even high class it as nerd or geek. :chuckle:

When i'm I'm at home I'm often surrounded at my desk with as many X&O books as I can get my hands on, and websites as well. Try to read something every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ONLY LB i can see them redshirting is TJ Watt b/c he's a one year starter after a position switch and some knee surgeries and is still a bit raw for the pro game, especially a 4-3 base. I could see them playing him some at SLB and as a situational pass rush guy.

Timmons could spell Kiko at MLB or Brown at WLB. Not saying i see a ton of value in that for a team i think is on a 2 year "all hands on deck" plan, but not completely out of the question in my twisted mind.

Ok i could go along with that on tj watt but then long term wheres he playing for you in miami? When he could get drafted by a 34 team and get run out the gate as an olb and try his hand at weak and if not develop the frame and size at strong

Anyways i could see watt being a red shirt in miami...but boy that would be a hard sell to the fan base with a top 20 grade pick if in fact he was riding pine

Here try this

[video=youtube_share;8CkTxckkYhQ]https://youtu.be/8CkTxckkYhQ[/video]

which was one of the things I posted (or attempted to)

Anyways, Zach Brown was pretty damn athletic coming into the league. Probably lost some of that with his injury, but he absolutely helps with team speed.

Also know that Brown was a guy we liked a bit. Would not be shocked if we locked him up. Mentioned it before but Miami does seem to favor players at other positions in the draft to the LBs... or at least feels that there are more impact players at DE/S/OL than at LB where they seem to really like 1 or 2 guys.

I don't do TV or movies. I've become a flippin' football dork over the years. I wouldn't even high class it as nerd or geek. :chuckle:

When i'm I'm at home I'm often surrounded at my desk with as many X&O books as I can get my hands, and websites as well.

Blame it on Hoops. Years back I was enamored with his knowledge of the game (still am) and have tried to seek out similar know-how.

Well it seems to have done you well - i enjoy reading your write-ups. I could never give up my tv though. I would give up the girlfriend before my tv - i need my college football!

And yes, Hoops is an ass. I used to love breaking down player tapes for my own enjoyment (that childhood dream of being an underappreciated road scout)......then i stumble upon this place and got hooked into convos with him, so now i can't stay away during draft season.

To take the tj watt thing further the off the los play is highly projection which makes ot somewhat of a risk even...but that doesnt mean it couldnt hsppen its just not as cut and dry and more projection than tape based than being drafted by a 34 team as a 34 olb

At any rate if tj watt to miami was in play for strong and sub edge rusher i would think zach brown wouldnt be...cause once zach gets here timmons becomes a $11 mil 2 deep strong and mike which is horrible value and kiko starts at mike with brown starting weak

That just seems a waste of financial resources and draft asset management...but hey we sure have done it before :lol:

To take the tj watt thing further the off the los play is highly projection which makes ot somewhat of a risk even...but that doesnt mean it couldnt hsppen its just not as cut and dry and more projection than tape based than being drafted by a 34 team as a 34 olb

At any rate if tj watt to miami was in play for strong and sub edge rusher i would think zach brown wouldnt be...cause once zach gets here timmons becomes a $11 mil 2 deep strong and mike which is horrible value and kiko starts at mike with brown starting weak

That just seems a waste of financial resources and draft asset management...but hey we sure have done it before :lol:

Or we're loading up for a move to a 3-4...(sorry to tease you, Sons)

Back
Top Bottom