Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Because $5mil for a guy who has a ton of experience and will be at least a 2 down player for us is NOT some horrible deal. Like I said, we've been paying Misi $4-5mil a year to do nothing.

In regards to how the deal for Timmons should have been structured? Well ****, of course I'd prefer a 1 year deal or less guarantees or whatever, but the guy earned the deal he got, which was A LOT less than everyone expected him to get. His deal was fine, and $5-6mil/year for 2 years is hardly a HUGE overpay for a player being penciled in as a starter.

I don't know how anyone can say that with any certainty when his contract is almost fully guaranteed through 2018. Should've been given a 1 year deal... or 2 year with an easy out like Mario Williams.

Yeah but Mario Williams had a couple years of down production before that contract, Timmons has not.

I don't know why hoops you're getting SO hung up on the money for Timmons... $5-6mil for a veteran who will play every game... we're paying a lesser quality LB in Misi $4-5mil to play half the season.

Timmons contract will have no effect on who they draft... now IF they sign Brown aaaand there is a (for example) safety or guard they love, I think they take that over LB, but I don't think LB is off the table because of a 1 yr contract with Alonso or a 2 yr contract with Timmons.

I've explained it more times than I can count...at no point did I say Timmons money was bad not sure where that even comes from...you yourself admit even he has at minimum a 2 down starter gig...you're coming to that conclusion from the money just as much as anything else and that makes sense...however you reference koa misis money when koa was the lock stock 2 down starter in 2016 plan a so of course he would get paid starter clip money...do you also know they didn't even carry a 2 deep strong they placed so little value in the 2 deep there they went the street free agent route once misi went down...they placed so little value in the 2 deep mike it was a udfa they placed so little value in the 2 deep weak it was a 7th round pick

the point is this isn't de where you draft a guy given the premium position and are ok with giving rotational looks in year 1...this is lb where top 50 grade picks are made for plug and play purposes...you go with what you want but if they sign Zach brown to starter money they don't have the snaps for this top 50 grade pick lb...I am completelt writing off a first 2 round pick lb...they will have the plan a in place...which makes them much more likely to draft later on developmental types with upside to carry in the 2 deep...5th round types etc

I want this to happen so bad. I'd love for this and to come out of the first three rounds with say: 1) Taco Charlton, 2) Dorian Johnson, 3) Marcus Maye. Our team becomes more complete than I could have ever imagined coming into the offseason with so many holes.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the fact that the Dolphins could at any given time rescind the free agent tender of Kiko Alonso rendering him a free agent?

Obviously the long term negotiations didn't pan out. Maybe Brown is just a bargaining chip, maybe not.

pulling the tag would be the only way I can see a top 50 grade lb pick if they signed brown and boy would it be dumb

sign Brown, and our first pick be a good Safety? Our defense is gold next year. Now about that OL...

Seriously should have no effect on who we draft.

Still draft Hassan Reddick if he is top dog on your board.

the way I look at is this gives us 3 legit LB's which we haven't had in forever
I still would be pursuing Kendricks in Philly instead, but this works. It reall gives us a little flexibility in the draft.

Still think we should go front 7 stud at 22. And I'm convinced that 54 will be a guard. Like last year, all one side of ball except a 2nd rounder at a position where youth is solely needed.

the way I look at is this gives us 3 legit LB's which we haven't had in forever
I still would be pursuing Kendricks in Philly instead, but this works. It reall gives us a little flexibility in the draft.

Correct, although personally I think Miami is holding true to their stance. Have a starting 22 heading into the draft and it allows you to draft the best player at any position.

Less about upgrading a position for 2017, more about getting the best player at an impact position over the course of 5 years.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Still think we should go front 7 stud at 22. And I'm convinced that 54 will be a guard. Like last year, all one side of ball except a 2nd rounder at a position where youth is solely needed.

I could see 54 being guard . . . 22 will be front 7 or a wildcard like Peppers or the UConn safety.

if it was me I go defense with all 3 picks on the first 2 days. Infusion of talent.

The FO under Tannenbaum/Grier has consistently said that they don't want to go into the draft with their hands tied by needs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom