Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Zach Brown at strong is not better than a healthy Koa Misi. I prefer neither, but I rather gamble on Misi knowing he'll likely take a paycut and is a better fit than guarantee a bunch of money to Brown to be a bad fit on defense.

strong- Timmons
middle- Kiko
weak- Brown

bam. Brown would be better in the middle or weakside. Not sure why we would go against the logical thing and not put Timmons in misi's spot

Well with Kiko's extension which will pay him over 7 mil per year, I guess we can end all the talk of Brown signing with the Dolphins. Still need another starting LB, I guess that's going to have to come in either round 1 or 2 of the draft.

@amando
Meanwhile Zach Brown visit with the Miami Dolphins has concluded. No contract.

Well with Kiko's extension which will pay him over 7 mil per year, I guess we can end all the talk of Brown signing with the Dolphins. Still need another starting LB, I guess that's going to have to come in either round 1 or 2 of the draft.

Agreed. Don't see us signing him now

Looks that way. I like Alonso sticking with Miami but not at the expense of turning away guys like Poe or Brown. The rookie LB better contribute or the FO will look like assholes.

And it's fine for us that we resigned Kiko instead. Brown simply wanted to be paid as much as possible. We can draft our own guy(s) now.

Several media cases have been made that Poe's been regressing after 2014 - so I was all for offering him his perceived worth based on performance and not perception which often takes a season or two to reconcile with reality.

OTOH, Brown is a stud on the ascent who could immediately help the D become more formidable and enable us to focus our draft attention on other dire needs. I fear this is another Miller case of being "penny wise and pound foolish" :(

As much as Id like him to sign, Im proud that the organization is not overpaying for mediocre FA's.

No they only overpay for their own. We lowball Poe and Brown but overpay inferior players in Alonzo and Branch, a couple of guys that were only here for 1 season. Ridiculous.

Several media cases have been made that Poe's been regressing after 2014 - so I was all for offering him his perceived worth based on performance and not perception which often takes a season or two to reconcile with reality.

OTOH, Brown is a stud on the ascent who could immediately help the D become more formidable and enable us to focus our draft attention on other dire needs. I fear this is another Miller case of being "penny wise and pound foolish" :(

Unlike Miller, Brown is 2 weeks into Free Agency without a deal. For a rising mid 20's stud, there is something a lot of team aren't liking.

Plus sitting from your couch watching the playoffs calling out a guy for wearing cast talking about "he's soft" was never a good look on him. Add that to probably thinking much higher of himself financially than everybody else and you can see why he is still on the job market.

Well it's good we have set prices for players and we are not overpaying. We are building the right way through the draft and taking care of are own and plug a few holes here and there with veterans.

Unlike Miller, Brown is 2 weeks into Free Agency without a deal. For a rising mid 20's stud, there is something a lot of team aren't liking.

Plus sitting from your couch watching the playoffs calling out a guy for wearing cast talking about "he's soft" was never a good look on him. Add that to probably thinking much higher of himself financially than everybody else and you can see why he is still on the job market.

Could be the money he's seeking.

And it's fine for us that we resigned Kiko instead. Brown simply wanted to be paid as much as possible. We can draft our own guy(s) now.

We'll be drafting BPA now I think. Dolphins are doing things right.

No they only overpay for their own. We lowball Poe and Brown but overpay inferior players in Alonzo and Branch, a couple of guys that were only here for 1 season. Ridiculous.

Exactly how much did they offer Poe and Brown?

Back
Top Bottom