Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Brown is a real bummer because of how huge of a need linebacker is for us. If we don't get him then we are going to HAVE to draft a linebacker in the first two rounds. Can't have a third or fifth rounder as a projected starter, and Koa Misi sticking around is cringe worthy.

Zach Brown at strong is not better than a healthy Koa Misi. I prefer neither, but I rather gamble on Misi knowing he'll likely take a paycut and is a better fit than guarantee a bunch of money to Brown to be a bad fit on defense.

I would not be shocked to see a CB in the first round. Especially if they get a versatile guy that can play inside and out. He can line up outside and slide into the slot as Maxwell or Lippett take the outside. Also sets us up for 2018 when Maxwell leaves.

I honestly see that as a strong possibility, especially with the talent matching in this draft. Brown leaving without a contract means that linebacker remains a big need, though. Right now the biggest holes are linebacker, offensive line and safety.

My thinking is the Dolphins have to get an offensive lineman by the second round. Not sure how deep the pool is at linebacker, but the team could wait a bit at safety. Obviously, moves could still be made in free agency but that's where things stand right now.

I honestly see that as a strong possibility, especially with the talent matching in this draft. Brown leaving without a contract means that linebacker remains a big need, though. Right now the biggest holes are linebacker, offensive line and safety.

My thinking is the Dolphins have to get an offensive lineman by the second round. Not sure how deep the pool is at linebacker, but the team could wait a bit at safety. Obviously, moves could still be made in free agency but that's where things stand right now.

Biggest hole on this team is at SLB. It is basically Misi and nothing else . . . and no guarantee Misi returns healthy.

Most important position to be addressed is pass rusher. 1 year Hayes, 35 year old Wake, 1 year Fede and Andre Branch. Need a pass rusher that you can get 5 rookie years on.

As far as pick 22 goes I can only see a few options but I'll go the other way. IMO at 22 we will NOT take a QB,RB,WR,DT,OT,OC,SS,Corner or TE
That leaves OG if we go offense or DE,LB or FS if we go defense. I believe we can get a good guard at 54 which would be way cheaper than a top free agent guard(even tho I was hoping for one) so that'd leave DE,LB or FS at 22. I really don't see a big time FS worth taking at 22 so at this point I'm hoping we go DE or LB with a guard at 54 depending on who's there. but with our first 4 picks I'm hoping we come out of with a DE,Guard,LB and FS. Just my 2 cents

Ozzy rules!!

I literally hated William gholston as a prospect...I don't see the comparison other than size

and I will be floored if they go corner top pick...plum floored...not tight end level floored but floored none the less

you want a more scary comparison it's the former unc kid who got drafted high by the jets miscast as a 34 olb and is out of the league now...name escapes me...

I only remember the Ohio State kid...the other Gholston....Vernon, but he was a combine warrior.

I bet if we sign him everyone here will all of a sudden love the signing.

He's a vast improvement over anything we have right now, guys. Let's be real.

I bet if we sign him everyone here will all of a sudden love the signing.

He's a vast improvement over anything we have right now, guys. Let's be real.

it's a solid signing at weakside it's yuck anywhere else...no inside read and diag for mike and pillow soft for strong

terrible

I think the projection of Brown to SLB is just speculation or laziness and ignorance on the writers part. No way they would do that.

As much as I love weapons... I will punch my TV if we don't take a defensive player in the first round

Ya we're pretty much set on Offense except obviously a guard or 2..I really think we should get Dbs early and often..
The talent level is there through the 3rd round and some.
It would be amazing to be able to draft BPA. I think Gase/Grier have a plan and I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up for Hooker. Nfl comparison-Ed Reed
With the talent level of this Db class, it would be dumb to not sit back and let a great DB fall into our laps. Giants laid the blueprint last year by adding crucial Dbs.
Corn Elder might make a good slot corner with his long arms and lengthy body.
PHINS UP!!!!

Back
Top Bottom