Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

I read where Koa is scheduled to meet with the Dolphin doctors in May to evaluate whether he has fully healed from his neck injury. While this speculation that Zach Brown will replace him may be valid, there is also the prospect that they may both be on the roster.
If Miami was eager to cut Koa Misi, they would have already done it.

I think they're just hanging on to Koa until his replacement is either signed/drafted.

OK.

Care to explain this middle LB position of the 3-4?

Next time you're watching a game closely you can hear the qb calling out which one of the inside linebackers is the mike in that set, based on the linebacker's responsibility on the play . That's to let the o-line make their calls and assignments correctly.

Well with the reported $17-19mil we have left (forget the number) and cutting Dion Jordan, we have enough money to sign this guy and still have at least $12-13mil for draft/midseason signings... that doesn't even take into account Misi, so we could easily keep Misi even if we signed this guy (I have no opinion on keeping Misi if he is healthy and if he is considered depth only).

I would keep Misi for depth only. He would be good depth and a good insurance policy if someone gets hurt..

A couple of tweets about Zach Brown

That's some sweet ass software.

Too bad he won't be able to use that versatility in our scheme, although his coverage seems quite sound and will be a valuable asset.

Next time you're watching a game closely you can hear the qb calling out which one of the inside linebackers is the mike in that set, based on the linebacker's responsibility on the play . That's to let the o-line make their calls and assignments correctly.

I understand exactly what it is. It's a generic call from the QB to the o-line because they can't see into the second level. It's for the o-line's pass protection and denotes a possible slide according to strength. It has nothing to do with the LBs responsibilities.

Clearly there is going to be an issue with Kiko and Brown if signed. Issues we don't need.....we are clearing hurdles IMO. No need to create more by bringing in a problem. Draft two Linebackers (an early difference maker) and let them grow together. The cut and paste job has to stop at some point with this particular unit.

Sign Brown and then on day three draft Ben Gedeon, Elijah Lee and maybe Jayan Reeves-Maybin if he's still around. A line backing corp of Alonso, Brown, Timmons, Misi, Hewitt, Gedeon, Lee and Reeves-Maybin. would be solid. Plus if the team really likes another young linebacker or the kid they brought down from Canada (Deon Lacey), they could release Misi and save a few bucks too.

Clearly there is going to be an issue with Kiko and Brown if signed. Issues we don't need.....we are clearing hurdles IMO. No need to create more by bringing in a problem. Draft two Linebackers (an early difference maker) and let them grow together. The cut and paste job has to stop at some point with this particular unit.

Care to explain what those issue are/will be.

@caplannfl: #Raiders signed LB Jelani Jenkins.

Jenkins went to the other team that wanted brown....

Back
Top Bottom