Retooling The Offense | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retooling The Offense

Correct. Some like to claim all 5 are 'AWFUL.' Some claim the OL needs ELITE Olsen. There is talent and potential talent. I see a need for 1-2 upgrades, depending on 'potential'
Anyway you look at it, we need at least two new starters unless you think that Pouncey and Bushrod are the answer. So that's two right there and then James might be on his way out too. 9 mill is a lot of money for a guy that's missed the 2nd half of the season in 16 and 17 so that's probably 3 right there. I'm willing to give Tunsil some time but so far he has not played like a first rounder. Larsen makes a great back up at center and guard but as a starter, not so much thought it's ok if the other 4 are very good. We can't keep going on thinking that just decent is good enough. That's the kind of thinking that gets you average to below average, not just in sports but in anything you do.

Ozzy rules!!

Anyway you look at it, we need at least two new starters unless you think that Pouncey and Bushrod are the answer. So that's two right there and then James might be on his way out too. 9 mill is a lot of money for a guy that's missed the 2nd half of the season in 16 and 17 so that's probably 3 right there. I'm willing to give Tunsil some time but so far he has not played like a first rounder. Larsen makes a great back up at center and guard but as a starter, not so much thought it's ok if the other 4 are very good. We can't keep going on thinking that just decent is good enough. That's the kind of thinking that gets you average to below average, not just in sports but in anything you do.

Ozzy rules!!

I expect James to take a price cut. Tunsil returns. I expect at least one backup to step up. So, 1-2 new starters

We need a TE that will keep a defense honest, cause match up problems, and help the WR's, a RB tandem that compliments each other and keeps us in 3rd and short yardage, and an offensive line that is hungry and takes pride in protecting Ryan.

I don't know, but I go and find the guy who recommended UDFAs Eric Smith and Jesse Davis and I tell him he's in charge of picking OL from now on.
And interestingly enough, both of those guys have power and technique. Those are the things we seem to always undervalue.

Back
Top Bottom