Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

Timmons is a rental and Alonzo can't play 16 games in a season. Dolphins need linebackers badly. They don't just need depth they really need to find starters because Alonzo, Timmons and Misi are not good enough and wouldn't start on a top 10 defense in this league...maybe not even a top 15 defense in this league. Dolphins will be lucky to get 24 starts out of the 3 of them combined this year.

Completely agree, I just don't think the team sees it it as a dire issue because of the guaranteed money we dumped on them and that they're expected to start. We can't afford on defense to let an early pick at LB sit and learn with so many other holes. I think we'll address the secondary and line early and then a later pick on a LB which allows the liberties for lower snap counts and learning from bench.

Not my process, just assumptions on how the FO sees it.

Looking at the personel that the Fins use, do they really need to spend a high pick on a LBer? They use only 2 LBers most of the time anyway. Plus they've spent good money on the 2 that are going to play the most snaps (Alonso and Timmons). I can see drafting a LB in the middle rounds for depth with upside starting potential but I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on that position.

They certainly don't need to. I think Foster is only enticing at 22 if you think he was a top-10 talent before the Combine. I didn't, but some smart people did. I will say that I have not read a good argument for Foster as a top-10 pick, though.

Looking at the personel that the Fins use, do they really need to spend a high pick on a LBer? They use only 2 LBers most of the time anyway. Plus they've spent good money on the 2 that are going to play the most snaps (Alonso and Timmons). I can see drafting a LB in the middle rounds for depth with upside starting potential but I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on that position.

Very true, as great of a talent as Foster is, he is simply not a great fit on this defense at the moment. Guys like Barnett, Taco, Willis, Harris are not only needed for the future, but we could use them immediately as well. Would love to see a defensive line for example that has Hayes and Taco on run downs, and Wake and Branch coming in on passing downs. That would be ridiculous.

Completely agree, I just don't think the team sees it it as a dire issue because of the guaranteed money we dumped on them and that they're expected to start. We can't afford on defense to let an early pick at LB sit and learn with so many other holes. I think we'll address the secondary and line early and then a later pick on a LB which allows the liberties for lower snap counts and learning from bench.

Not my process, just assumptions on how the FO sees it.

And that's how you end up drafting 6 offensive players and 2 defensive players on a team that was 25th in defense the year before. Results...you dropped to 29th. When you're satisfied with mediocre don't complain when the results put you at or near the bottom of the league.

This is not comparable to Tunsil!!! That was an old vid. Tunsil cleared his physical at the combine, and passed his drug test. He would not come in to the NFL in the drug program.

I'm comparing their fall in the draft because of drugs. I never went into detail. The video did make Tunsil fall into our laps and Reuben Foster's failed/diluted combine test may do the same thing.

I'm wondering whether it is smart to take the chance with Foster if available.

Tunsil was a no-brainer IMO. Foster may not be. Most of the guys still smoke anyways.

They get pretty bad options for pain.

Opioid- Ruin or end your life rather quickly.
Weed-Fail a drug test and get suspended.

Very true, as great of a talent as Foster is, he is simply not a great fit on this defense at the moment. Guys like Barnett, Taco, Willis, Harris are not only needed for the future, but we could use them immediately as well. Would love to see a defensive line for example that has Hayes and Taco on run downs, and Wake and Branch coming in on passing downs. That would be ridiculous.

Yes it would be. A first round pick strictly relegated to run downs only would be ridiculous. Not to mention the troubles you'd face having to constantly sub in both ends.

Timmons is a rental and Alonzo can't play 16 games in a season. Dolphins need linebackers badly. They don't just need depth they really need to find starters because Alonzo, Timmons and Misi are not good enough and wouldn't start on a top 10 defense in this league...maybe not even a top 15 defense in this league. Dolphins will be lucky to get 24 starts out of the 3 of them combined this year.

That is all true, but it appears this FO values Alonzo more than many of us fans do (and many teams around the league for that matter).

They certainly don't need to. I think Foster is only enticing at 22 if you think he was a top-10 talent before the Combine. I didn't, but some smart people did. I will say that I have not read a good argument for Foster as a top-10 pick, though.

You could talk me into and I'd find more value with drafting Jonathan Allen at 22 (if he fell that far, and he could...) than I would drafting Foster at 22.

I'm comparing their fall in the draft because of drugs. I never went into detail. The video did make Tunsil fall into our laps and Reuben Foster's failed/diluted combine test may do the same thing.

I'm wondering whether it is smart to take the chance with Foster if available.

Tunsil was a no-brainer IMO. Foster may not be. Most of the guys still smoke anyways.

They get pretty bad options for pain.

Opioid- Ruin or end your life rather quickly.
Weed-Fail a drug test and get suspended.

Agreed they both had drug issues cause them to fail. What is not similar is Tunsil's risk factor to Foster's risk factor.

Yes it would be. A first round pick strictly relegated to run downs only would be ridiculous. Not to mention the troubles you'd face having to constantly sub in both ends.

Right because Taco isn't a realistic option for us at 22 :rolleyes2:. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ends up being our pick, regardless of how we would use him lol. Just because Taco and Hayes would be beasts at end on critical run downs, doesn't mean we would have to strictly use them in those rolls, obviously lol.

They don't have to make him prove it...

It was his job not to present a diluted sample...then to try a cover-up with this ****-n-bull story, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't take him at #22 in the right circumstances.

I love how people feel so free to place judgement on someone they've never met without enough solid information to do so.

Strong pass from me. Wasn't unanimous at 22 IMO w/o this red flag . . . With it, yea I am passing.

I like what Charlie Casserly said this morning on the NFL Channel. "The more I was in the league the less I believe these stories." He also said players that tested positive at the combine would be off their board because they they had a drug problem or they were just plain stupid. He did also say he was not passing judgement on Foster, he would have to sit down with him before he would make a determination. Teams didn't even have the chance to interview him at the combine. I wonder how he has done at private workouts?

I really have gone back and forth on this one in the last 24 hours.

You could talk me into and I'd find more value with drafting Jonathan Allen at 22 (if he fell that far, and he could...) than I would drafting Foster at 22.

Jonathan Allen falling to 22...what? If for some outrageous reason Mr. Roll Tide dropped to 22....SIGN THAT MAN UP. Can't see it happening though.

It seems like a weak ILB draft class with lots of teams having ILB as one of their top needs. Like I said, if you visit his hometown, talk to his friends and go to his bedroom, you'd know if his life style includes regular drug use.

Back
Top Bottom