Rex Ryan: Geno Smith had 'brutal' practice, might sit Saturday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan: Geno Smith had 'brutal' practice, might sit Saturday

Spygate was a media invention. It never happened. Just a lie repeated enough to become true in the eyes of Patriot haters that are mad.
y u so mad tho?

Considering I have no memory of you ever saying anything negative about the Jets I guess they're few and far between.

This is all your perception. I didn't say many good things about them last year b/c we stunk, I have been on this board since 2004 and in most of those years we have been good so I have said more good than bad but when they deserve it I bash.

This is all your perception. I didn't say many good things about them last year b/c we stunk, I have been on this board since 2004 and in most of those years we have been good so I have said more good than bad but when they deserve it I bash.

You bash them but make excuses for them not being good. I don't see how you can be on both sides. "They were a poor football team BUT it's b/c of injuries". Does one not cancel out the other?

Those are facts, the injuries were a huge factor in how bad we were. would we have been a SB team if healthy? no way but we would have been playoff contenders and mark would have been as bad. Injuries are part of the game and we weren't healthy but it doesn't mean I can't discuss them.

He shouldn't say things like that. These are the little things he does that piss me off as a fan.

It's not really a big deal but you never hear other coaches say things like this. It just doesn't need to be said, but at the end of the day it doesn't affect anybody. It's just annoying.

It's Rex's way of promoting Sanchez essentially. I think with the fan base split on Sanchez and many rooting for Geno it is in Rex's best interest to bash Geno. There is no reason for any coach to go public blasting a rookie like that. These things belong within the confines of the organization. We know that Sanchez will start the season. Geno having 'brutal' practices quells any controversy.

It's Rex's way of promoting Sanchez essentially. I think with the fan base split on Sanchez and many rooting for Geno it is in Rex's best interest to bash Geno. There is no reason for any coach to go public blasting a rookie like that. These things belong within the confines of the organization. We know that Sanchez will start the season. Geno having 'brutal' practices quells any controversy.

Seems the owner and gm want smith to start but the guy with sanchez tattoo wants pick 6 to run the show. Either way it won't make much of a difference. With buttfumble starting the year out as 1st string , the first act of the circus will be more entertaining.

anything the jets do you will bash, he said he had a bad day. Did he say his career was over? You guys make every little thing into a big thing b/c of your hatred/jealousy of the jets.

lmao!!!

wow Rex calling out his rookie QB this early in the preseason.im so glad im not a Jets fan

I honestly think Rex wants to get fired at this point. Between this and the "Well, you know, I wasn't watching, I don't know" comment when Sanchez threw that pick six, wow. Just wow.

I've heard him say things like this a lot. I remember in 2009-2010 he would come out and say "Vernon Gholston had a great practice today" or "The offense had their best practice of the year". And then Gholston doesn't see the field/doesn't produce when he is on it or the offense struggles or he says "the offense looked really bad out there today" and then the offense plays well. There's just no reason to go out of your way to praise a player or unit or bash one based on what they do in one single day of practice. It's just dumb and meaningless and can only lead to stupid non stories like this. The papers or ESPN are not going to comment when he says Geno had a great practice, they're just going to comment when the coach says something negative. I've heard him say things about Sanchez too (both negative and positive). This happens to be the first time one of these things has made a headline.

There is just no reason to say it. And like I said it's not a big deal and it means nothing but when I see "Rex Ryan says Geno Smith had a brutal practice" come scrolling across the bottom-line on Sports Center I just shake my head.

Back
Top Bottom