Rex Ryan has been **** canned | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan has been **** canned

I won't lie, I laughed like a madman for five straight minutes when I heard it.

Then I got depressed.

Make no mistake, Buffalo's coaching situation is going to get better, because it sure can't get much worse.
Once the talk about him being fired surfaced it was over for him. But the names I'm hearing are far from impressive. Lynn promoted from interim, Fisher, Bradley and Mike Smith.

That sucks. I like for Ryan to coach our rivals. Maybe the Pats will get him after we put a hurt on them in the last game of the season AND in the playoffs. :lol:

Though you never know and the Jets pull the trigger on Rex Ryan V2.0. Hey, stupid is as stupid does. :lol:

If the colts don't pull their starters he'd have 1 winning season in 8. That's not good

You're preaching to the choir... Rex himself after game 14, losing at home in the elements to the domed team Falcons with a losing record, tearfully declared it was over for them in a presser at 7-7 and going against the 14-0 Colts. And since he and his team choked at 8-5 losing to 3 losing teams, including us in 2011, counting those 3 games, his record is 33-49 thru Sunday. And he wrecked Schwartz's nearly elite defense too.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Once the talk about him being fired surfaced it was over for him. But the names I'm hearing are far from impressive. Lynn promoted from interim, Fisher, Bradley and Mike Smith.

I read somewhere in all the media madness that Coughlin is the preemptive favorite

You're preaching to the choir... Rex himself after game 14, losing at home in the elements to the domed team Falcons with a losing record, tearfully declared it was over for them in a presser at 7-7 and going against the 14-0 Colts. And since he and his team choked at 8-5 losing to 3 losing teams, including us in 2011, counting those 3 games, his record is 33-49 thru Sunday. And he wrecked Schwartz's nearly elite defense too.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

I read somewhere in all the media madness that Coughlin is the preemptive favorite
I'll be surprised if its anyone other than Lynn. Apparently the Pegulas love Brandon and Whaley and Whaley and Rex were at odds which led to the dismissal. Rumors are Whaley would prefer an in-house hire. The Pegulas are as lost with the Bills as they are the Sabres.

Doug Whaley will be leading the coaching search. The rumors were that Whaley wanted Hue Jackson as head coach and Jim Schwartz to remain as DC. Pegula's met Rex and....well, you know the rest.

Rex was a great defensive mind but time has moved on. NFL offenses don't allow as many substitutions, QB's throw quick passes and his blitzes never get there, player turnover makes it hard for players to play fast in a complex system.

Bills were a poor match as well because our best players are better in a 4-3 scheme. Expect Dareus to stop playing nose tackle and get to rush the passer again up the middle. I like Rex but this was needed. Our offense if it got any help from the D would have got us in the playoffs. Anthony Lynn is a good possibility, he is much more focused on details than Rex.

where's junc to tell us what a mistake the Bills made...

In the various recaps of last weekends games, I saw that the Bills only had 10 men on the field for Ajayi's big run in OT. Today, I also read that they only had 10 men on the field at the end of regulation for game tying Franks field goal. Did anyone else hear that?

No team in the NFL has more assistant coaches than the Bills and they can't keep track of substitutions on the field. Between these items and his failure to freeze Franks on the kick....which also prevented his kick block team from getting on the field along with the punt with 4 minutes left in OT.....he deserved to be fired.

Thought it was a strange hire by Buffalo. The Bills looked awfully good the last year under Doug Marrone, but clearly digressed with Rex Ryan.

Honestly, I thought Buffalo would hire an offensive guru because the defense was already pretty much in place when Marrone left. Anyone who thinks Buffalo doesn't have playoff talent doesn't know football. A bad coaching job by Rex and Rob.

Thought it was a strange hire by Buffalo. The Bills looked awfully good the last year under Doug Marrone, but clearly digressed with Rex Ryan.

Honestly, I thought Buffalo would hire an offensive guru because the defense was already pretty much in place when Marrone left. Anyone who thinks Buffalo doesn't have playoff talent doesn't know football. A bad coaching job by Rex and Rob.

Yeah I was actually scared Marrone would stay their coach with swartz as DC. It's easy to forget that Doug Marrone actually left the bills on his own via a Clause in his contract.

Hopefully the Rams get Joseph off their radar and start aiming at Rexxy.

I don't think Joseph is anything more than a Rooney Rule interview, honestly. It's rumored they are eyeing an offensive-minded coach to fix Goff before he becomes irreparably ruined. I'd like to say Josh McDaniels is a good guess, but who knows with Kroenke.

Back
Top Bottom