Rex Ryan Looks Depleted... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

Let's say 50 points for a SB appearance and 100 for a win. Guess who has the most points then on your 8th grade Mr. Popularity scale?

Agreed. Not sure how a wild card win would be worth three points. Considering most wild card teams if they win the first game usually don't make it past the next round. And i am basing that on the overall time the wild card spot has been around, nit just a narrowed timeline.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Agreed. Not sure how a wild card win would be worth three points. Considering most wild card teams if they win the first game usually don't make it past the next round. And i am basing that on the overall time the wild card spot has been around, nit just a narrowed timeline.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

the last 2 SB champs played in the WC round

and wouldn't winning a WC game on the road, div rd game on the road be worth more than winning a home game? wouldn't beating NE head to head in a div rd game on the road give us bonus points? No matter what way you slice it the Jets have been an elite team the last 3 years.

we'd have to adjust the other points. The jets played better teams in their title game runs than NE did in their SB run- that has to factor into it to.

No matter what way you slice it the jets have been an elite team the last 3 years.

You're only using this "points" system b/c the Jets are on there. They are not elite. They've never been elite. It isn't possible to be elite when you aren't good enough to play in the one game that determines the league champion.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

and wouldn't winning a WC game on the road, div rd game on the road be worth more than winning a home game? wouldn't beating NE head to head in a div rd game on the road give us bonus points? No matter what way you slice it the Jets have been an elite team the last 3 years.

Say the Jets didn't do anything in 2009 and 2010, would your magical points system even exist then? You'll do anything to give credit to your team. You just make it with all sorts of ridiculous ways to "prove" it.

See! That just proves what Phinz said. Your "grading scale" was catered to make the Jets look better.

No the points should start low and increase as the team progresses no matter where it is played. And again, if you read my post I stated overall time the wild card spot has been around. No narrowed timeline. Because the wild card teams advancing that far into the playoffs, on a regular basis, is a recent occurrence. I am pretty sure wild card teams, on average (if not bounced in the first round), are knocked out in the second round.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

You're only using this "points" system b/c the Jets are on there. They are not elite. They've never been elite. It isn't possible to be elite when you aren't good enough to play in the one game that determines the league champion.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Say the Jets didn't do anything in 2009 and 2010, would your magical points system even exist then? You'll do anything to give credit to your team. You just make it with all sorts of ridiculous ways to "prove" it.

You can use any formula you want, the jets are an elite team the last 3 seasons.

we are discussing 2009-2011, it's only 3 years. I made up the pts system to illustrate a point- no matter what way you slice it the jets are an elite team under rex.

See! That just proves what Phinz said. Your "grading scale" was catered to make the Jets look better.

No the points should start low and increase as the team progresses no matter where it is played. And again, if you read my post I stated overall time the wild card spot has been around. No narrowed timeline. Because the wild card teams advancing that far into the playoffs, on a regular basis, is a recent occurrence. I am pretty sure wild card teams, on average (if not bounced in the first round), are knocked out in the second round.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

How did I cater? I gave later rounds more points, it's not my fault NE only won 2 playoff games in 3 years.

I didn't change the points based on where the games were played but I should have. It should mean more that Pitt beat us and that we beat NE.

If WC teams on average are bounced the next week isn't that more of a compliment to the Jets who 2 straight years made the title game as a WC team? Thank you for the compliment.

No worries about spelling, I am guilty of typos often.

You can use any formula you want, the jets are an elite team the last 3 seasons.

we are discussing 2009-2011, it's only 3 years. I made up the pts system to illustrate a point- no matter what way you slice it the jets are an elite team under rex.

The only formula that exists is winning the Super Bowl makes you a champion. A non-champion team cannot be elite. Ever.

2 rings. Enough said. The evil NFL gave him the SB MVPs. Shame on them.

Brandon jacobs has 2 rings, he must be elite, same w/ Ahmad Bradshaw

Did you know Larry Brown has THREE rings and a SB MVP, he must be going to the Hall of Fame! he also has something else in common w/ Eli- ZERO all pro selections

Did you know Larry Brown has THREE rings and a SB MVP, he must be going to the Hall of Fame! he also has something else in common w/ Eli- ZERO all pro selections

Stick to the topic here pal. We're speaking about a QB, not the players you mentioned to distract me.

Stick to the topic here pal. We're speaking about a QB, not the players you mentioned to distract me.

I'm on topic, you claim 2 Sbs makes a player elite even though that player doesn't have a single elite season under his belt.

As of now Eli is this generations Jim Plunkett. A solid QB you can win w/ but not one who is a top QB. Both took a long time to get it, both won SBs as a wild ard team and both won 2 SBs in a relatively short amount of time. Until Eli can consistently play at an elite level he will not be an elite QB.

None of those guys were as big a part of winning those SBs as Eli was. Eli was clutch! Period! Did the D play great? Sure! But when it came down to the last few minutes of BOTH SBs, the Giants were down and Eli made the plays that won the games. That is enough to make him elite.

None of those guys were as big a part of winning those SBs as Eli was. Eli was clutch! Period! Did the D play great? Sure! But when it came down to the last few minutes of BOTH SBs, the Giants were down and Eli made the plays that won the games. That is enough to make him elite.

Justic Tuck was, he and the D were the main reasons they won. Eli was very fortunate in the first one w/ Samuel dropping the easy pick then having a ball stick to a helmet. Eli was much better this past SB but again he still doesn't have an elite full season under his belt. When he starts doing that consistently I'll consider him elite.

I'm on topic, you claim 2 Sbs makes a player elite even though that player doesn't have a single elite season under his belt.

I claim 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 Super Bowl MVPs make Eli Manning elite. I didn't claim anything other than that.

As of now Eli is this generations Jim Plunkett. A solid QB you can win w/ but not one who is a top QB. Both took a long time to get it, both won SBs as a wild ard team and both won 2 SBs in a relatively short amount of time. Until Eli can consistently play at an elite level he will not be an elite QB

No. Plunkett's stats were far worse than Manning's are. Manning still can play another 8-10 years. I'm sure his stats will dwarf Plunkett's when all is said and done.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Justic Tuck was, he and the D were the main reasons they won. Eli was very fortunate in the first one w/ Samuel dropping the easy pick then having a ball stick to a helmet. Eli was much better this past SB but again he still doesn't have an elite full season under his belt. When he starts doing that consistently I'll consider him elite.

He's good in the Super Bowl but not so much in the regular season to you and this is what makes him not elite? That he's better in the Super Bowl than the regular season? Can you get any more incorrect?

If Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, or anyone on the Giants roster who was not Eli Manning proceeded to win two Super Bowl MVPs while a member of the Giants, how can they possibly not be elite?

The fact that you don't pay attention to full sentences makes you an unreasonable person to discuss information with.

Back
Top Bottom