Rex Ryan Looks Depleted... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

How many times must we go opver it? your silly definition of elite where you must win a SB then be a top team for the next few years. using your defintion the '07 Giants were not elite and for the '11 team it is TBD.

Junc, I seriously don't understand what your problem is. I have never said the 2007 NY Giants were elite. Not one time. Yet you continue to say I did. You accuse us of deflecting but you yourself don't actually listen.

The Giants are now elite b/c of their 2011 SB win. 2 SB wins in 5 years with what I consider successful seasons in between is elite.

I deal in reality, the Jets have been an elite team under rex.

Your reality yes. Not the reality

Romo is not better than Eli. Romo is not elite, never has been, he is a great fantasy QB.

I'm with you there. JETS brought Romo up.

Junc, I seriously don't understand what your problem is. I have never said the 2007 NY Giants were elite. Not one time. Yet you continue to say I did. You accuse us of deflecting but you yourself don't actually listen.

The Giants are now elite b/c of their 2011 SB win. 2 SB wins in 5 years with what I consider successful seasons in between is elite.

Your reality yes. Not the reality

I'm with you there. JETS brought Romo up.

But you said you have to have success post SB so 3 years post '07 they didn't win a playoff game and missed the playoffs 2 of 3 years.

The Giants are elite now and they were in '07 and '08 too.

But you said you have to have success post SB so 3 years post '07 they didn't win a playoff game and missed the playoffs 2 of 3 years.

That is your definition of success. Winning 30 games in 3 seasons is his, and I have to agree that it is a form of success.

That is your definition of success. Winning 30 games in 3 seasons is his, and I have to agree that it is a form of success.

You guys make fun of me for pumping up 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps so how would zero playoff wins w/ 1 playoff app in 3 years be considered a success?

You guys make fun of me for pumping up 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps so how would zero playoff wins w/ 1 playoff app in 3 years be considered a success?

Anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failer, but there are other levels of success. Super Bowl, Playoff and regular season wins are all forms of success. 30 wins in 3 years is a form of success. Especially considering that it is sandwiched in between 2 Super Bowl wins.

The Giants were not elite in 2007.

Dude...stop before you embarrass yourself anymore. We already have our quota of Jets homers on this site. We don't need anymore. Eli is elite and the chargers beat themselves in the playoffs. Get over it!

Explain how Eli is already elite and explain how Chargers only scored one TD in the first 58 minutes of the game....

You guys make fun of me for pumping up 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps

I don't make fun of you. I've said countless times that I respect the Jets for doing what they did. I might be the only ally you have in that regard. I still don't think that makes them elite.

so how would zero playoff wins w/ 1 playoff app in 3 years be considered a success?

Those 3 years were sandwiched in between SB wins. SB win, 30-18 next 3 years, then another SB win is elite!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. I can see why someone would consider that unsuccessful since they didn't get in but winning 10 games to me is having success. Other teams just had more success that year.

The Pats going 11-5 in 2008 and missing the playoffs. They had success too did they not?

Anything less than a Super Bowl win is a failer, but there are other levels of success. Super Bowl, Playoff and regular season wins are all forms of success. 30 wins in 3 years is a form of success. Especially considering that it is sandwiched in between 2 Super Bowl wins.

30 wins in 3 years w/ ZERO playoff wins, 1 playoff app is not a success under any circumstances.

I don't make fun of you. I've said countless times that I respect the Jets for doing what they did. I might be the only ally you have in that regard. I still don't think that makes them elite.

Those 3 years were sandwiched in between SB wins. SB win, 30-18 next 3 years, then another SB win is elite!

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. I can see why someone would consider that unsuccessful since they didn't get in but winning 10 games to me is having success. Other teams just had more success that year.

The Pats going 11-5 in 2008 and missing the playoffs. They had success too did they not?

They won a meaningless game in week 17 to get that 10th win. The game for the playoffs was the week before at GB where they got humiliated w/ the elite QB throwing 4 INTs. so 10 wins w/o the playoffs is not success, it's better than going 4-12 but it was not a successful year. 2008 they went 12-4, had the top seed and got bounced int heir first game but at least they had a great reg season, in '10 they didn't and the record was a little misleading.

30 wins in 3 years w/ ZERO playoff wins, 1 playoff app is not a success under any circumstances.

They won a meaningless game in week 17 to get that 10th win. The game for the playoffs was the week before at GB where they got humiliated w/ the elite QB throwing 4 INTs. so 10 wins w/o the playoffs is not success, it's better than going 4-12 but it was not a successful year. 2008 they went 12-4, had the top seed and got bounced int heir first game but at least they had a great reg season, in '10 they didn't and the record was a little misleading.

Still successful to me

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Explain how Eli is already elite and explain how Chargers only scored one TD in the first 58 minutes of the game....

You can't just scroll through the 2,500 pages we've already used up talking about this? Why add to it?

Still successful to me

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

You can't just scroll through the 2,500 pages we've already used up talking about this? Why add to it?

Not to me or most people.

Right! It is success, just to a lower degree. I think there are three forms of success in the NFL. The ultimate success is obviously a Super Bowl win. The second is playoff wins which get you closer to the Super Bowl, the 3rd is regular season wins which get you closer to the playoffs. For 08 NE, I think you have to consider winning 11 games without Tom Brady a successful season, even though they missed the playoffs.

Anything other than a Super Bowl win is not considered success, but that doesn't mean that there are not levels of success other than a Super Bowl win. If a playoff win can be considered a success when you get knocked out and don't make the Super Bowl, then regular season wins can be considered a success without winning a playoff game. It is just one step lower. If the Rams, Browns, or any other bad team happens to win 10 games this year and misses the playoffs, their seasons would be considered successful.

Not to me or most people.

Then I don't see how you can consider 2 AFCCG losses a success. Winning a Super Bowl is the #1 goal, not getting to the AFCCG. I agree that it can be considered a form of success, but I also think that regular season wins can be considered another form of success. Just on a lower lever.

Right! It is success, just to a lower degree. I think there are three forms of success in the NFL. The ultimate success is obviously a Super Bowl win. The second is playoff wins which get you closer to the Super Bowl, the 3rd is regular season wins which get you closer to the playoffs. For 08 NE, I think you have to consider winning 11 games without Tom Brady a successful season, even though they missed the playoffs.

Anything other than a Super Bowl win is not considered success, but that doesn't mean that there are not levels of success other than a Super Bowl win. If a playoff win can be considered a success when you get knocked out and don't make the Super Bowl, then regular season wins can be considered a success without winning a playoff game. It is just one step lower. If the Rams, Browns, or any other bad team happens to win 10 games this year and misses the playoffs, their seasons would be considered successful.

Despite a creampuff sched AI do consider NE '08 a successful season since Brady got hurt, I don't consider NYG 10-6 in '10 to be successful b/c they played essentally a playoff game in week 16 and got blown out. The week 17 game was essentially meaningless.

if anything other than a SB is not considered a success who are there levels of success including non SB winning seasons?

I agree, if SL, Cle, etc... win 10 games their season is a success(unless they started 8-1 or something like that) but for a team off a SB how would the next 3 seasons w/ only 1 playoff app and zero playoff wins be considered a success?

Despite a creampuff sched AI do consider NE '08 a successful season since Brady got hurt, I don't consider NYG 10-6 in '10 to be successful b/c they played essentally a playoff game in week 16 and got blown out. The week 17 game was essentially meaningless.

if anything other than a SB is not considered a success who are there levels of success including non SB winning seasons?

I agree, if SL, Cle, etc... win 10 games their season is a success(unless they started 8-1 or something like that) but for a team off a SB how would the next 3 seasons w/ only 1 playoff app and zero playoff wins be considered a success?

If an AFCCG loss can be considered a success, then I don't understand how winning 12 games and losing a Div playoff game can't be another form of it. Winning the Super Bowl is the #1 goal for every team. Just because anything less than a Super Bowl win it is not considered a success doesn't mean that there are not different levels of success to consider for teams. You like to point that out all of the time with the Jets AFCCG losses. If that can be considered success, then just take that one step lower. The Giants had 2 winning seasons out of 3 sandwiched in between 2 Super Bowl wins. I think you have to consider that a form of success.

If an AFCCG loss can be considered a success, then I don't understand how winning 12 games and losing a Div playoff game can't be another form of it. Winning the Super Bowl is the #1 goal for every team. Just because anything less than a Super Bowl win it is not considered a success doesn't mean that there are not different levels of success to consider for teams. You like to point that out all of the time with the Jets AFCCG losses. If that can be considered success, then just take that one step lower. The Giants had 2 winning seasons out of 3 sandwiched in between 2 Super Bowl wins. I think you have to consider that a form of success.

How can you say anything other than a SB win is not a success then tell me there are levels? I agree there are levels, I don't agree that the only way you can have success is to win the SB. i think for a team like NE only the SB is a success, for us going into last yar only getting to a SB or winning it would be a success- a 3rd title game loss would not have been a success last year. I think it depends on the team and circumstances, after winning a SB going 3 years w/o a playoff win is not a success.

Back
Top Bottom