Rex Ryan talks more trash | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan talks more trash

Not saying he's a bust, but look at the facts....he was 1-4 or 5 before that last drive. But if you listened to the guys commentating the game, you would have thougt he was 7-8 with one bad decision.

I'm not saying he's a bust, but the hype that is surrounding this kid is totally overblowing the situation.

Dude I agree with ya, but when a team moves up to get you and your team is from a BIG city such as NY, there's gonna be a lot of hype. Hopefully the kid can handle it, I know being in his shoes has gotta be nuts! Most can't handle it. Time will tell! I totally get why theres a ton of pressure there..new coach, 1st round pick, ton of money on roster moves,loud coach! Can't wait till we play, hoping Taylor and Porter get their licks in but I'm betting the Jets will open with Clemens, just a hunch. That is a ton of pressure and the wrong move to make with your franchise qb with their opening schedule. He'll be starting by week 5 or 6, then again who knows with that coach! Whew!!!!:confused:

Where did I talk about how bad the Jets defense looked? I recall saying I didn't see the "violent" defense rex and Scott were hyping. If that was viloent than Baltimore was murderous.

Truth be told, the Ravens have had a dominant defense for a long time now, and im glad that Sanchez came back and threw a TD, it helps the confidence.

Truth be told, the Ravens have had a dominant defense for a long time now, and im glad that Sanchez came back and threw a TD, it helps the confidence.

Yeah, against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Ed Reed, Lewis, Ngata and their best defensive players were out of the game at that point. While your starting offense was in.

But I guess you're desperate to hang your hat on something. Even if the pole you're hanging it on is standing in quicksand.

Yeah, against 2nd and 3rd teamers. Ed Reed, Lewis, Ngata and their best defensive players were out of the game at that point. While your starting offense was in.

But I guess you're desperate to hang your hat on something. Even if the pole you're hanging it on is standing in quicksand.

It was mostly 1st teamers w/ a few of their big guys out. Regardless of that he battled back, a fragile player wouldn't have been able to do that.

Sanchez did have a starting OL out and returned 2 rusty starting OL.

I saw some folks get shots in on our D and we played w/o Revis and Jenkins.

Desperate would be the phin fans praying Sanchez busts.

Interesting mix of the EXACT same things Jaworski and Gruden had to say about Sanchez. This kid is so overblown....

"I love how the kid bounced back and threw a TD"

Does anyone want to mention the fact that as soon as Lewis and Reed left that game Loen Washington became a monster!!!

Take the 2 biggest playmakers off the field for any defense and ANY QB in the league should have been able to make that pass. Completely unimpressed.

I've always said Leon Washington is terrific....ever since his rookie year when he always scorched Miami for a TD on a kickoff return and screen passes every game it seems like....

But Leon isn't the point....if this had been a regular season game...the Jets could've just run the football on Baltimore last night....Leon was averaging about 8 yards a carry on his first few carries right out of the gate....with Reed, Lewis, and Ngata in there...

Hell, you can't test your young quarterback in pre-season by running the football....they wanted to see Sanchez tested against what's probably the best defense in the league....

I don't care what Jaws and Gruden think....just like I didn't care what Jaws thought of John Beck.....I was in the process of forming my own opinion on Mark Sanchez when Jon Gruden was still a coach...

Not any quarterback would've immediately seen the corner blitz and stuck with his first progression because he knew he had a mismatch....a quarterback like John Beck would've panicked in that situation....especially if he had experienced what Sanchez had up to that point...

Even if Sanchez hadn't thrown that touchdown pass....he still did other things that are really impressive for a rookie quarterback starting his first game in a difficult environment on the road against an all world defense...

You don't always evaluate the result of the play....you evaluate the quarterback...

Lol, you guys do notice that wagon circler is hiding because he knows that he was making himself look like a total idiot earlier, but now that he reads this post, he might return and if he does, you can count on him to trash this post saying stuff like "i wasen't hiding, blah blah blah blah blah."

Not true, they only took out Reed and Lewis the two older guys. The rest of their starters remained in. Though Suggs didn't play.

True....Suggs didn't play at all....and Ngata was still in the game with 21 seconds to go until halftime....he's the one that forced Kellen Clemens into the pick six to Jameel McClain....

Where did I talk about how bad the Jets defense looked? I recall saying I didn't see the "violent" defense rex and Scott were hyping. If that was viloent than Baltimore was murderous.
Well Scott has been violent out there, do you see him crashing the line? He smashed Flacco to the ground on one play. Flacco was getting hit a good amount of times. Jim Leonhard had a nice hit on a WR. But again its preseason, defenses aren't violent in preseson. The Ravens weren't violent either, I didn't see them lay big hits. Besides Lewis hitting Sanchez on the first play, but that wasn't really a big hit.

Scott's helment flew off last weeks game, he runs full speed into linemen and knocks them back. No wonder why he had a bunch load of TFL over his career.

Back
Top Bottom