Rex Ryan talks more trash | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan talks more trash

The only professional analyst I've heard say they didn't think Sanchez would be good is Jaws. I also remember him saying Clemens would be great, so yea. Every other analyst speaks very highly of him. I guess you're opinion that he's a huge reach is a good one though. Because. Uhh. Just because.

What would the Senior Bowl have to do with a Junior?

As far as Gholston, he was also projected to go about where he went well before any of the combine crap. People like to pretend like his stock skyrocketed there, but that's just BS.
Don't base your argument off of talking heads.

The senior bowl comment was just to reference a time frame.

Yes, with the college careers of Gholston and Sanchez they probably would have been first rounders, but there's no doubting that neither of them would be top ten picks without the avalanche of hype that proceeds the combine. Vernon Davis was going to be a first round pick regardless for the terps, but then the combine came around and vaulted him into the top ten.

Like I said it happens every year. This year Sanchez, last year Gholston, it's a never ending list.

Your whole first paragraph is nonsense and just illustrates how you have totally been fed full by the Sanchez hype machine. Like Leinart didn't a ton of positive attributes when he got drafted, I mean what even is your argument?

You choose to believe he's better than Leinart because you drafted him. That's it. Everyone outside of Jetville can see that Sanchez was a huge reach. Your entire draft this year was bunk and doesn't even help you in the short term. At all. Sanchez is more focused on football than Leinart was? Says who? Not Sanchez when he was channeling his inner Hasselhoff for his beach model shoot. Lol this is way too easy.

Crediting Ryan with making Suggs is the most bogus thing I have ever heard. I know Suggs in real life. He went to a rival high school of mine. I played in a few men's basketball leagues with him. He single-handedly won games for his team is high school and in college. He was always a monster and has always been destined to be a hall of famer so just get out of here with that mess.

You have fed into the Ryan hype machine about as much as you have fed into the Sanchez hype machine. Too bad for you they can't win games with their mouths.

Cotchery is a number two receiver playing in a number one role. Clowney and stucky lol. You want me to list James Hardy and Roscoe Parrish as impact wide receivers too? Damn.
No, I can just tell you don't know what you are talking about with Sanchez. I'm not stating those things because the Jets drafted him, I wanted him really badly before the draft and would of said these things. If you just look at the film you can see this kid has what it takes to be a great QB one day.
Maybe homer fans like you think Sanchez is just like Leinart, even though the only thing he has in common with Leinart is going to the same school.

And yes Sanchez is an extremely hard worker, the USC coaches said they never had a player that prepared better for a game than Mark Sanchez. He would spend hours trying to make sure everything is perfect. Sanchez has been working his butt off since the Jets drafted him, hes been spending extra time with the receivers, been none stop with studying the playbook, been the first guy out on the practice field, last one off.

Sanchez was not a reach, he was picked right around where he should of been picked.
I guarantee you Sanchez has a better career than Trent Edwards.

You are off based on everything you said and clearly just trying to bring down a division team.

Also on Ryan, its well documented that Suggs credits Ryan for him becoming the player he is today. Its well documented that the Ravens really thought he was going to be a bust at first, but Ryan worked with him.

Rex has done nothing but ride HoF players his entire career.

Unproven offense? Understatement of the year. Horrible receivers. A hype machine at qb. Come on. The dude started 16 games for a pro team that plays in college. Enjoy your Matt Leinart clone.

I don't live in a glass house. Apparently the bills need to make the playoffs for me to comment in a Rex Ryan thread.

A real qb would help the fins too right caveman?? haha

Make a thread about Dick J or the bills and we will talk about it. But he's not providing verbal fodder like mr. rookie.

No, apparently you Bills fans need to wake up an quit thinking that your team is gods gift to the NFL, all you have to ride on with the history of your team is 4 runs to the SB that they flaked out on, OJ, dont even get me started on him.

Mr. rookie has 1 more ring than the Buffalo Bills, all of them that ever played. Every year its the same thing with the Bills fans, this will be year 10 that you dont make the playoffs.

And you think TO is going to make a miracle for you? O-Line homer, that will be your downfall this season, and i will be laughing all the way! Your no huddle offense is going to backfire on you!

Don't base your argument off of talking heads.

The senior bowl comment was just to reference a time frame.

Yes, with the college careers of Gholston and Sanchez they probably would have been first rounders, but there's no doubting that neither of them would be top ten picks without the avalanche of hype that proceeds the combine. Vernon Davis was going to be a first round pick regardless for the terps, but then the combine came around and vaulted him into the top ten.

Like I said it happens every year. This year Sanchez, last year Gholston, it's a never ending list.
The only argument I've made here is that your argument is baseless. You have yet to give a valid reason as to why you think Sanchez was a reach or will be a bust. So, again, it seems as though your argument is based solely on the fact that he was drafted by a division rival. Unless you're going to give some reasoning behind your opinion, it's worthless.

I don't have much of an opinion on him yet.

Can you read Willy? I don't get it do you need more spaces, or bigger font or bold words or what?

Read my posts slower. Maybe try to read them out loud to yourself to help you understand.

Here are the "points" you've made so far:

1) He's a hype machine
2) He's a Leinart clone
3) He only started 16 games in college on a top team

#3 is the only thing I'd consider a reasonable point against Sanchez. That really doesn't discount what skills he may or may not have though, it's merely pointing out that he doesn't have a lot of college experience and he had a good supporting cast.

If you want to compare him to Leinart or dismiss him as a reach/bust, why not discuss things like his mechanics, footwork, mobility, leadership (or lack thereof), pocket presence, accuracy, intelligence, arm strength, anything other than just blindly saying he's a clone or a hype machine? My guess is that you don't have anything intelligent to say about him.

I suspect your response will be nothing but insults, but hey, maybe you'll surprise us all.

All that talk, and I havn't seen much action thus far....did the Sanchez pick6 not look a like the the Favre pick to Merling????

Rex Ryan Might Shut His Mouth Now! Sanchez Int For Td First Play Of Game!!! Bwahahahhahahahahhahahahahha

If Ray had held on, it would have been 2 in a row....would that be a new record????

They looked really good on that double reverse! They should call it the TamePuss....

I didn't have a problem with what he said. I don't see what's wrong with saying you aren't afraid of anybody. It's football, that's what it's supposed to be.

yeah...more effective if they show something on the field and beat them first and then say it. But no, I am great just cus I am a great D coordinator. Welcome to HC Fatass! You obviously didnt learn much from fail forward fastly at Baltimore.

I had Mark Sanchez over Matthew Stafford as the best quarterback in this draft....I think Sanchez is going to be the better NFL quarterback....

Sanchez isn't Matt Leinart.....just like Matthew Stafford isn't David Greene...

Both of them needed another year in school IMO....but when they declare...that's that....you evaluate them accordingly...

There's not a quarterback in the league that wouldn't have been capable of throwing that interception to Ngata....that was a just a great play by Ngata...Sanchez did the right thing and checked down....Ngata just came out of nowhere...he was engaged with the offensive lineman when he threw it....lol

A lot of people don't realize that Ngata may be the most unique defensive weapon in the entire NFL....you're talking about a 365 pound NT that can also play the 5 Technique....and float out into the flat covering running backs....he's amazing....

Sanchez was under a lot of pressure from Baltimore's D....that's what they do....they make quarterbacks (10 year vets and pro bowlers) just look flat out bad....

Sanchez almost threw another INT to Ray Lewis right after that....his receiver sat down in a zone that wasn't there and Ray read his eyes....Sanchez has to learn to read from the middle out on a play like that....you don't have to see the linebacker to "sense" where he is...

Did Sanchez fold? Nope....he bounced back and threw a touchdown pass on a play where he had to break the pocket due to MORE pressure...he keeps his eyes downfield and went back to his first progression for the touchdown....this was something that he often did at USC that really impressed me....

He always sets his feet to throw.....THAT is a sign of a good young quarterback...

I've said it before...Sanchez is going to learn by the seat of his pants this year...but he's going to make some plays too....I think he's a keeper...

As a Dolphins fan and someone who has always enjoyed breaking down quarterbacks....I believe the Jets got themselves a good one...I really do...

I had Mark Sanchez over Matthew Stafford as the best quarterback in this draft....I think Sanchez is going to be the better NFL quarterback....

Sanchez isn't Matt Leinart.....just like Matthew Stafford isn't David Greene...

Both of them needed another year in school IMO....but when they declare...that's that....you evaluate them accordingly...

There's not a quarterback in the league that wouldn't have been capable of throwing that interception to Ngata....that was a just a great play by Ngata...Sanchez did the right thing and checked down....Ngata just came out of nowhere...he was engaged with the offensive lineman when he threw it....lol

A lot of people don't realize that Ngata may be the most unique defensive weapon in the entire NFL....you're talking about a 365 pound NT that can also play the 5 Technique....and float out into the flat covering running backs....he's amazing....

Sanchez was under a lot of pressure from Baltimore's D....that's what they do....they make quarterbacks (10 year vets and pro bowlers) just look flat out bad....

Sanchez almost threw another INT to Ray Lewis right after that....his receiver sat down in a zone that wasn't there and Ray read his eyes....Sanchez has to learn to read from the middle out on a play like that....you don't have to see the linebacker to "sense" where he is...

Did Sanchez fold? Nope....he bounced back and threw a touchdown pass on a play where he had to break the pocket due to MORE pressure...he keeps his eyes downfield and went back to his first progression for the touchdown....this was something that he often did at USC that really impressed me....

He always sets his feet to throw.....THAT is a sign of a good young quarterback...

I've said it before...Sanchez is going to learn by the seat of his pants this year...but he's going to make some plays too....I think he's a keeper...

As a Dolphins fan and someone who has always enjoyed breaking down quarterbacks....I believe the Jets got themselves a good one...I really do...

Interesting mix of the EXACT same things Jaworski and Gruden had to say about Sanchez. This kid is so overblown....

"I love how the kid bounced back and threw a TD"

Does anyone want to mention the fact that as soon as Lewis and Reed left that game Loen Washington became a monster!!!

Take the 2 biggest playmakers off the field for any defense and ANY QB in the league should have been able to make that pass. Completely unimpressed.

Back
Top Bottom