RG3 Comment | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RG3 Comment

Yeah right...RG3 is going to pass up millions in the NFL to become a lawyer an agent....why can't he go to law school after the NFL like Steve Young did? This is just like people thinking Luck is going to become an architect. They can always do this later on in life.

Ricky Williams and Robert Smith disagree with you.

you are also comparing RGIII to two guys who played a brutal position. you don't think the position had any factor in their retirement? i think this is being blown out of proportion, all he is saying is he knows there's life beyond football.

I just dislike Tebow because "Tebow-Time" should be "Broncos-Time". A majority of those wins came because the defense kept the team in it and gave Tebow the shot to be average enough to get Matt Prater within his 51-59 yard field goal ranges.

And Tebow is the one insisting on the name? Puh-lease. The guy is the model for team player. The media invented Tebow-time.

And u hate him for it....haha

Yeah right...RG3 is going to pass up millions in the NFL to become a lawyer an agent....why can't he go to law school after the NFL like Steve Young did? This is just like people thinking Luck is going to become an architect. They can always do this later on in life.

As far as I know Luck has not said anything remotely close to "wanting to be an architect instead of a NFL QB". Essentially that's what RG3 just did. Seriously you can't just completely dismiss his comment like you're doing. It's borderline insanity how some people in this thread are just completely dismissing this whole situation as "no big deal". Yeah, this is a very big deal.

Perspective needed on the comments.

Yes scouts will pick up on this and would probe to see if he has a commitment flaw. Out comes the red flags possiby

As Michael Lewis said to Billy Beane 'I never thought scouts were totally pointless, I thought they were just looking for the wrong things'

He'll be committed, but for how long? That commitment isn't indefinite. What happens if he struggles like a Rich Gannon and has to keep his head down, keep working and get through it until he 'gets it'? Is he going to outlast his rookie contract (which as a top 5 pick would pay him $20 million and set him for life), knowing full well that the NFL was always "just a spectacle" and always just his "Plan B"?

He could be out of the NFL in 5 years, of his own choice, with $20 million in the bank, heading back to law school.

Meh, I KNOW he's smart enough to know it's not a one year thing understanding the NFL game.

He also knows that a Masters from Baylor will buy him pretty much ANY endeavor he choses to embark on after his NFL career regardless of how long lived or short it might be.

I'd take a gamble on this kid in a heartbeat. Anybody questioning his commitment has no clue. Zero nada. How many kids earn a Masters, at 21, while being the starting QB for the College team?
Now, lets narrow it down a bit. How many earn a Masters from BAYLOR while filling the same criteria? I seriously don't think Commitment is an issue with RGIII

I disagree. He is driven to be successful at whichever endeavor he pursuits. This kid has a Masters at the age of 21 while playing football. That by itself is an incredible accomplishment. If he opts to enter the NFL draft I see him coming as fully committed, not one who will run away to do something else. The question is, will he enter the draft?

I disagree. At its fundamental core, football is a physically demanding, hard hitting sport. It takes more than being athletically gifted to play in the NFL. You have to have a passion for the sport and LOVE playing it week in and week out (Zach Thomas). Law School can come later (Nick Buoniconti)
I recall reading a quote from Don Shula (In the Miami Herald) after he drafted Marino and he was recalling his 1st conversation with Dan. Marino told him (paraphrasing) 'coach, I just want to be the best QB in the NFL'. Simply stated, un-nuanced.
That's what I want in my franchise QB. Montana, Marino, Kelly, Elway, Favre, Manning, Brady all had/have it.

I disagree. At its fundamental core, football is a physically demanding, hard hitting sport. It takes more than being athletically gifted to play in the NFL. You have to have a passion for the sport and LOVE playing it week in and week out (Zach Thomas). Law School can come later (Nick Buoniconti)
I recall reading a quote from Don Shula (In the Miami Herald) after he drafted Marino and he was recalling his 1st conversation with Dan. Marino told him (paraphrasing) 'coach, I just want to be the best QB in the NFL'. Simply stated, un-nuanced.
That's what I want in my franchise QB. Montana, Marino, Kelly, Elway, Favre, Manning, Brady all had/have it.

Its how one perceives a winner or a winning formula.

From your statement can I take a guess and say that you like your QBs to be square jawed, heroic, tough as teak, blue-eyed All American hero. Many sportsfans share the same sentiments as jlfin as the qualities needed to be a successfu QB in the NFL.

Its how one perceives a winner or a winning formula.

From your statement can I take a guess and say that you like your QBs to be square jawed, heroic, tough as teak, blue-eyed All American hero. Many sportsfans share the same sentiments as jlfin as the qualities needed to be a successfu QB in the NFL.

Or just simply committed to their chosen profession. You make a lot of silly asumptions (square jawed, blue eyed???). This isn't matter of perception, its reality. Professional sports isn't something you kind of do, if you want to win a championship. Most athletes don't 'settle' for playing professional sports. The great ones have a a drive to win and a lifelong dream to win a championship and that includes players of ALL RACES, so let's dispense with your pathetic attempt to pull the race card. That nonsense doesn't work with me.
RG III doesnt sound like he's chomping at the bit to play in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom