Rick Spielman and Jeff Ireland's post-Dolphins success.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jerrysanders, Dec 6, 2017.

1. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

The flip side is 'how many GMs are ranked high when, in fact, the HC makes them look good.' Not surprisingly, 'bad GMs are often linked to bad HCs

Zounds likes this.
  2. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I remember thinking along those lines, he was screwed big time and made the scapegoat.

3. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

Yup. Ireland did a good job while in Dallas. He was in charge of the draft during day 2 and found some nice gems through his tenure there.
    Sucked as a GM here. And that Dez Bryant story is still unbelievable to this day.

4. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

What I faulted Ireland for was not jumping to the conclusion he did, but for actually asking a question to which the answer was obvious.

Bryant volunteered that his father was a pimp and that his mother (well known as incarcerated several times with drug dependency problems) worked for him. Ireland really didn't need to verbally connect the obvious dots and make the kid feel bad. But as far as the conclusion, I don't think anyone of us would have surmised that she was his dad's bookkeeper or any such thing:confused

5. Digital

Digital Starter

Yeah, and then took Loa Misi over Rob Grokowski who was picked by N.E. two pi is later.

I wanted Earl Thomas and was vocal about it, but when Gronk slipped to the 2nd round I was literally jumping up and down and screaming at the TV to draft him, he also played a position of need. I've never been more draft dejected than when we passed over Gronk and the Patriots took him literally 2 picks later. :(

But if I'm honest, Ireland didn't really make those picks, Parcells pulled the strings there. With Parcells wanting us to implement a 34 defense, we lacked players for the DL and that was the reason we traded out of that spot. No excuses for passing on Gronkowski though. Parcells just doesn't draft injured players.

6. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Picks and money baby!!! Dion Jordan - woohoooooo!!!!

7. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Amazing that the Saints are on the verge of having
    the offensive rookie of the year and the defensive rookie of the year

8. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

Sean Payton found Kamara. It's literally talked about in every game they're on TV. Ireland had more than ample opportunity here.

9. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Not defensive rookie of the year. Defensive PLAYER of the year. Lattimore is having a historic season. And because of that, their defense doesn't have to focus on his part of the field. And he's so good at picking up zones that the safeties can attack and cover tightly on whoever enters their zone.