Rick's an idiot, we should have waited for couch! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick's an idiot, we should have waited for couch!

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Forget the fact that Feeley has a great arm.

Forget that Feeley is young as has a very accurate deep ball.

Forget the fact that Feeley is calm under pressure.

Forget the fact that Feeley has great pocket presence, and can srammble well.

Forget the fact that he has a very cap-friendly contract!

We should have waited for couch! :roflmao:

alright alright, i admit it, i'm just warmongering. This off season is getting boring..good thing I have feeley tapes to wet my appetite for this kid!

Having seen the Hamlet routine Butch Davis pulled last season first hand, I'm not so sure. Butch hated Couch because he wasn't drafted by HIM, not because he was a bad QB. Holcomb was his QB and Tim's play gave him the opportunity to put him in. Kelly's play was uninspired at best, so Butch was in a real bind. If you believe the hype the Browns put out their 6-10 record was due to injuries, not Butch's indecision. :shakeno:

This season they decided to clean house in the front office because Polici left. I guess that's understandable, AS LONG AS YOU REPLCE THEM. We're what, 6 weeks away from training camp and they have something like 7 positions open. Rumor has it, Butch has now pulled a Al Haig and is "in command here", doing all the work. No coach can pull that off, so I'm counting the Dec 26 game as a win at this point. :cooldude:

Hey circlejerk, j/k, seriously how do you know he is none of those things? You more knowledgeable about qbs than Wolf?

im amazed that every time a qb gets release people jump to want to sign em. couch has had such a great career so far all those championships.

I've just finished watching Feeley's first four games that he played in 2002.

You know whats funny is everytime the kid plays he helps his team win...whether it was the 2001 bucs game where he threw 2 TDs (10/14 for 143 yds 2 TD 1 INT)to help the Eagles come back and win (the one everybody claims was exhibition type football) or whether its the San Fran game where Koy goes out and Feeley steps in goes 3 of 3 for 17 yards and a TD...or the 5 starts. He wins.

Three things I don't like about Feeley:

1. He's streaky. It seems like if he makes a mistake, forces a ball and/or throws a pick, he becomes inaccurate for like the next 5 or 6 throws. But when he's on, he's ON.

2. He gets a bunch of balls batted down at the line of scrimmage...seems like he's not very aware of his lanes. There's no real excusing it, because it seems like half the time when the ball is batted down at the line, its because he hits his own OL man in the helmet or back.

3. He's not careful with the football when running. What I looked for was after that fumble in the Rams game where Zgonina popped it out because Feeley wasn't careful with it, I wanted to see some improvement. I haven't seen another fumble, however I've watched him as he's running the ball forward, and though he definitely showed a little willingness to learn to slide instead of get killed, he was still often careless with the football and protecting it in traffic.

Funniest/Most Embarrassing Moment: Shovel pass runningback screen, Feeley mistook the pulling offensive lineman Welbourne for the running back, saw him run by Feeley, and tossed the ball right at him. Oops.

Phinzone said:

We should have waited for couch! :roflmao:

alright alright, i admit it, i'm just warmongering. This off season is getting boring..good thing I have feeley tapes to wet my appetite for this kid!

Wow! Detmer's backup sounds like the next Marino with legs! But there are many on this board that aren't so sure he'll even beat out Dumbo. Interesting. :rolleyes:

He will beat out dumbo, and he was not Detmer's backup in 2003. If 2002 repeated itself, and Donovan broke another leg or something, it would have been another 5 or 6 games for AJ Feeley, NOT Koy Detmer.

He has an OK arm.

Yup accurate deep ball, something I'm looking forward to a lot.

He's not really, he's quite panicky.

He doesn't scramble well, but he does it to the extent that he can if he NEEDS to. His pocket presence is nice, and he has a lightning quick drop back and set up.

I wouldn't know I'll take your word for it

We should have waited for couch!

I would have liked to have had Feeley and Couch competing.

I remember watching Feeley the year he filled in for McNabb and thinking that he wasn't very accurate and played sloppy, but the team really rallied behind him and he showed great field leadership. That goes a long was as well if you think about it. Jay gets some team support however when he overthrows wide open receivers you could physically see the frustration, more so last season than the year before.
As for Couch, Butch Davis is an A-hole never gave this guy a running game and constantly took shots at his skills. That alone is going to take some time for him to recover from and will show his character as to whether or not he comes out with something to prove. Unfortunately I never saw the firey spirit in Couch he's kinda that laid back good ole boy who never seems to show any emotion, except for frustration. Also how good is he really? The Browns had a very talented young receiving core with Northcutt, KJ, and Quincy Morgan. So were they the one's not living up to their potential or was it the inability of Couch to move the chains?
I think Feeley will be fine and although I really wanted us to draft a franchise qb if our team rallies behind him and believes in his leadership than we'll be fine...

What has Couch done? Granted he didn't have a running game in Cleveland, but he hasn't exactly panned out as top pick in the draft. He should have been able to raise that team to a higher level. I'm just not sold on Couch. Although I don't think he's a bust, he seems just an average QB right now. This is coming from someone that followed him back when he was in high school and wants him to succeed. To suggest the Dolphins should have waited until June 1st cuts to address the QB situation is ridiculous. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but you have no idea who is going to be let go.

Excellent, well thought out thread......can you detect the sarcasm?

Back
Top Bottom