Rick's an idiot, we should have waited for couch! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick's an idiot, we should have waited for couch!

Granted he didn't have a running game in Cleveland

No true #1 WR

No backing from his coaches

Made a scapegoat by the press and fans

No running game

No O-line AT ALL

No defense to help the offense out

Too many weighty expectations

That mighty list of problems all led to issues in Cleveland. He needs a new beginning.

Shoulda,woulda,coulda so what. Who knew back in Feb. that Couch would be released.

ajdoggie said:
Shoulda,woulda,coulda so what. Who knew back in Feb. that Couch would be released.

EXACTLY!!!!

GO FEELEY!!! He's the next Hasselbeck IMO.
First year starting = Average (no worse than Fiedler)
Second year starting = Very Good, potential Pro Bowler

I believe Feeley has the goods, but it may be the 2nd year before he REALLY starts lighting it up...... :eek:

templarwd said:
Having seen the Hamlet routine Butch Davis pulled last season first hand, I'm not so sure. Butch hated Couch because he wasn't drafted by HIM, not because he was a bad QB. Holcomb was his QB and Tim's play gave him the opportunity to put him in. Kelly's play was uninspired at best, so Butch was in a real bind. If you believe the hype the Browns put out their 6-10 record was due to injuries, not Butch's indecision.

How was Holcomb Butchs' guy. Isn't Holcomb just a journeyman QB that happened to play well in the Browns 3 wide reciever, we don't know what a fullback is offense when Couch couldn't.

I remember watching Feeley the year he filled in for McNabb and thinking that he wasn't very accurate and played sloppy, but the team really rallied behind him and he showed great field leadership. That goes a long was as well if you think about it. Jay gets some team support however when he overthrows wide open receivers you could physically see the frustration, more so last season than the year before.

No offense but this is like a poster statement for how memory can play tricks on you. I just got done watching 4 of those 5 games Feeley started, and inaccurate and sloppy are not words that should be used to describe his play.

As for Feeley's arm, he doesn't have a GREAT arm, the kind that Vick, Favre, Marino, and believe it or not Patrick Ramsey have...but he's got an arm that is just one step below that. He won't pelt it 50 yards across his body on the run off his back foot, but he lasers balls 20 yards up the field with pretty dang good accuracy. And I'm not talkin about tossing high balls. I'm talking balls that stay low to the ground the whole way yet go about 20-25 yards upfield. He was honestly throwing passes that I have not seen in Miami since Dan Marino left. I would say he's got about the same arm as Byron Leftwich...and thats a pretty good arm.

Mebeverine said:
No true #1 WR
No backing from his coaches
Made a scapegoat by the press and fans
No running game
No O-line AT ALL
No defense to help the offense out
Too many weighty expectations
That mighty list of problems all led to issues in Cleveland. He needs a new beginning.

They had Kevin Johnson playing #1 since '99 and he was very under-rated and had an amazing set of hands. Plus they were 3-4 deep at that position, Morgan, Northcutt, Davis, and King are all good wideouts with lots of speed.

Thats the Dawg Pound for ya, what else is there to do in ohio in the winter but drink and talk football, trust me.

William Green really came on at the end of his rookie season, and last year Lee Suggs was a nce suprise with him gone, and they had a great 3rd down back in Jamel White.

There o-line did suck, I can't argue there, maybe if Butch woulda used a fullback or extra TE to help block instead of 3 Wide every play.

There D is actually pretty good, they have a very talented but underachieving d-line. They had a very good group of linebackers, but realeased them all and another good group emerged. And they had enough of a secondary to win games, if only their D-Line would help them.

Im not saying he can't be good, but he did have some weapons in a pass first offense in Cleveland and couldn't cut it. He did have a few damn good games though,like the Steelers on sunday night.

The only reason why we even talk about Couch is because of when he went in the draft. I doubt he will ever do anything in this league and I don't think we should sign him.

rickeyrunsover said:
Hey circlejerk, j/k, seriously how do you know he is none of those things? You more knowledgeable about qbs than Wolf?

There you go with your usual insults when someone thinks differently then you and phinzone...how sad :shakeno:

Put it this way...

Our coaching staff had a good idea who was going to be availible. They definately knew Garcia and Warner. Couch was a very probabable, if not a given. Collins was the only surprise.

The team didnt make it's choice on the fly, without any thought being put into it like some want to believe.

All this whining and complaining. I think us DOLFANS do more whining than we do cheering, this up coming season shall be wonderful to watch. I'll get more of a kick out of our own fans than I will watching the jets go 5-11!!

KYfinfan said:
What has Couch done? Granted he didn't have a running game in Cleveland, but he hasn't exactly panned out as top pick in the draft. He should have been able to raise that team to a higher level. I'm just not sold on Couch. Although I don't think he's a bust, he seems just an average QB right now. This is coming from someone that followed him back when he was in high school and wants him to succeed. To suggest the Dolphins should have waited until June 1st cuts to address the QB situation is ridiculous. Sure hindsight is 20/20 but you have no idea who is going to be let go.

Excellent, well thought out thread......can you detect the sarcasm?

IMHO Couch did OK with what he had to work with. Chris Palmer was no Offensive mastermind. Then They gave him the boot and Tim was on the outs from then on, especially once Butch got Holcomb to Cleveland. He has to know his new team will be his last chance to prove himself, even if it is only as a back-up.

iceblizzard69 said:
The only reason why we even talk about Couch is because of when he went in the draft. I doubt he will ever do anything in this league and I don't think we should sign him.

He almost pulled a Ryan Leaf a few years ago, started to cry during a locker room interview, "the fans are booing me BOOING MEEEEEE!!!!" :cry: :cry:

Yeah lets sign him. :rolleyes:

Couch , Couch,
Warner, Warner
Garcia , Garcia

Guys we have made our bed and have Feeley get used to it, conjecture and wishing wont change it.
His 5 games as back up mean diddly squat now , its what he will do as a NO1 starter thats important.
(No one expects a back up or third stringer to be anything but serviceable for the team, look after the ball and most important dont lose the game by your actions and conversely you dont go out an win it by your actions.He did fulfill his role in Philly. )

Lets see what he does as the NO1 assuming JUGS doesn't win the battle.

Paul

Hellion said:
He almost pulled a Ryan Leaf a few years ago, started to cry during a locker room interview, "the fans are booing me BOOING MEEEEEE!!!!" :cry: :cry:

Yeah lets sign him. :rolleyes:

Ummmmm, wasn't that after he broke his leg in a home game and the crowd started cheering because Holcombe was going to come in? Slightly different circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom