Ricky's true reason for retirement is coming out.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's true reason for retirement is coming out....

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
When I heard this weekend that Ricky retired, I said to blame the front office for this debacle because of thier refusal to build a strong offensive line.

Today, I think you've heard Ricky's first reference to that when he replied to Seth McKinney's criticism....

''I owe Seth an explanation? That guy owes me,'' Williams joked. ``I almost got my head taken off last year because of him.''

Watching this team play last year, I've never seen a back get hit in the backfield more than Ricky did. I've never seen so many missed blocks as this line produced. I've never seen a running back endure as much punishment as Ricky did and still finish the season.

I guarantee you any back that was faced with as much punishment as Ricky got last year would be smoking dope as well. Any smart doctor would prescribe it for medicinal purposes as I'm sure he needed something to kill the pain everyday.

Ricky never blamed anyone though. He never criticized his teammates. He never tried to disrupt any team unity or publicly embarrass anyone. He just went out there and gave 110% each and every week.

Than he went into the offseason and worked his *** off again...attending all the offseason conditioning programs and getting himself into the best shape of his career.

He gave the Dolphins the entire offseason to address the much maligned offensive line and give him the type of blocking that a HOF calibar back deserves.

When the organization didn't do a good job of this and he was going to be faced with the prospect of running behind an inferior line filled with bums like McKinney, St. Claire, and Smith....he decided to walk instead of facing a serious injury which I think would have been a strong possibility.

You can say that the price tag on guys like Woody and Tait were too high....but the organization put themselves in this position over the years and they needed to address it....even if it meant overpaying.

Besides, they were getting a steal on a great running back who was only due to make about 3.3 million this coming soon and they could have used some of their savings here to address this deficiency.

When Ricky to leave though, he didn't cite the poor play of his blockers or the ignorance of our front office as the reason. Instead, he showed some class and took all the criticism himself.

However, if these idiots like McKinney want to fire barbs at Ricky.....I'm glad to see Ricky counter and defend himself. I can't blame him for walking away now...because he likely would have walked away on crutches by week 4 if he had decided to play.

McKinney needs to shut his trap because he'd be lucky to have a roster spot on most teams....and could probably not start for any other team in the NFL.

And this front office needs to go out and build a real line....the fans can talk all they want about us missing the chance to sign to Eddie George....but no free agent in their right mind would just to be a Dolphin and run behind this POS line.

This is uteer BULLSHIZ im sorry. The Dolphins did all they could, thts a fact. THEY GOT 4 NEW LINEMEN including using there 1st round draft pick on one! They couldnt afford Woody and Tait! Do u think they were eilling to give up O-gun and Chrish Chambers for only one of those guys? Becuase thts what there salary most likey would of done. If Ricky wanted a diff O-Line so badly, and doesnt care about money, y didnt he offer a small pay-cut to get those guys signed. Blaming this on the FO is so much crap it makes me sick. Im not holding a personal grudge wit Ricky, but i cant stand when ppl try and take the blame off him, especially if its to put on someone else!

um, last time i check, zach thomas's elbows were bleeding EVERY game from an injurt sustained in the preseason... i dont hear him b*tching!

ill dismiss this theory... thanks.
m

dean_siu said:
Watching this team play last year, I've never seen a back get hit in the backfield more than Ricky did. I've never seen so many missed blocks as this line produced. I've never seen a running back endure as much punishment as Ricky did and still finish the season.

I guarantee you any back that was faced with as much punishment as Ricky got last year would be smoking dope as well. Any smart doctor would prescribe it for medicinal purposes as I'm sure he needed something to kill the pain everyday.

Ricky never blamed anyone though. He never criticized his teammates. He never tried to disrupt any team unity or publicly embarrass anyone. He just went out there and gave 110% each and every week.

When Ricky to leave though, he didn't cite the poor play of his blockers or the ignorance of our front office as the reason. Instead, he showed some class and took all the criticism himself.

I completely agree but i still think he should have voiced his concerns a little earlier than the week before camp. I think in my opinion and i think a lot of people feel the same (but not all) are not mad at Ricky for not wanting to play and having it in his heart anymore, noone can blame him for that, but it should have been mention to coaches early so we could have done soemthing to address it. Its the timing that screws us not so much the decision

Are you kidding me? I think your smoking the same dope as Ricky the wuss Williams!!

He has not disrupted the team or caused any distractions...holy crap...you are seriously smoking the same dope as Lenny and Ricky.

C'mon wake up. Every running back gets hit. Look at T. Henry and L. Tomlinson...there O-Line was just as bad as ours. Ricky the wuss Williams is nothing but a freakin child...a whinner...and likes to pass the buck and make excuses. Look he was a mess with the Saints and I hoped that a change of scenary would do him good...then he stopped taking his meds and he's right back to his days with the Saints.

Sign those damn retirement papers and lets move on without this wuss. Oh and by the way...the Fins did upgrade there O-Line. Its younger and we got a mean mo-fo in Jeno James...we drafted Vernon Carey...we signed St. Clair...what the hell did you want the front office to do genius? You probably wanted them to go out and sign all the big name free agent O-Lineman...hello McFly you can't do that...there somthing called a salary cap...you heard of it...right? Oh and we also brought in a Pro Bowl WR and his name is D-Bo...you've heard of him...right? Dude...put the joint away and stop defending Ricky the wuss Williams!!!

dean_siu said:
When I heard this weekend that Ricky retired, I said to blame the front office for this debacle because of thier refusal to build a strong offensive line.

Today, I think you've heard Ricky's first reference to that when he replied to Seth McKinney's criticism....

Than he went into the offseason and worked his *** off again...attending all the offseason conditioning programs and getting himself into the best shape of his career.

He gave the Dolphins the entire offseason to address the much maligned offensive line and give him the type of blocking that a HOF calibar back deserves.

When the organization didn't do a good job of this and he was going to be faced with the prospect of running behind an inferior line filled with bums like McKinney, St. Claire, and Smith....he decided to walk instead of facing a serious injury which I think would have been a strong possibility.

You can say that the price tag on guys like Woody and Tait were too high....but the organization put themselves in this position over the years and they needed to address it....even if it meant overpaying.

Besides, they were getting a steal on a great running back who was only due to make about 3.3 million this coming soon and they could have used some of their savings here to address this deficiency.

However, if these idiots like McKinney want to fire barbs at Ricky.....I'm glad to see Ricky counter and defend himself. I can't blame him for walking away now...because he likely would have walked away on crutches by week 4 if he had decided to play.

McKinney needs to shut his trap because he'd be lucky to have a roster spot on most teams....and could probably not start for any other team in the NFL.

And this front office needs to go out and build a real line....the fans can talk all they want about us missing the chance to sign to Eddie George....but no free agent in their right mind would just to be a Dolphin and run behind this POS line.

Don't defend that POT head. Don't ever say the doctor prescribed it for pain. Think about how stupid that sounds.

What the hell has Miami been doing all offseason.

Answer: Trying to upgrade their line.

Who did we spend our #1 draft pick on?

Answer: Vernon Carey.

This is Ricky's fault 100%

It is his life and he can do what he wants, but a real man wouldn't bail out on his team and fans right before the season. He needs to get back on his medication and stop smoking weed. I would rather have Ricky doing steroids then smoking weed. At least that would show he cares about his career.

Sal Lisitano said:
Are you kidding me? I think your smoking the same dope as Ricky the wuss Williams!!

He has not disrupted the team or caused any distractions...holy crap...you are seriously smoking the same dope as Lenny and Ricky.

C'mon wake up. Every running back gets hit. Look at T. Henry and L. Tomlinson...there O-Line was just as bad as ours. Ricky the wuss Williams is nothing but a freakin child...a whinner...and likes to pass the buck and make excuses. Look he was a mess with the Saints and I hoped that a change of scenary would do him good...then he stopped taking his meds and he's right back to his days with the Saints.

Sign those damn retirement papers and lets move on without this wuss. Oh and by the way...the Fins did upgrade there O-Line. Its younger and we got a mean mo-fo in Jeno James...we drafted Vernon Carey...we signed St. Clair...what the hell did you want the front office to do genius? You probably wanted them to go out and sign all the big name free agent O-Lineman...hello McFly you can't do that...there somthing called a salary cap...you heard of it...right? Oh and we also brought in a Pro Bowl WR and his name is D-Bo...you've heard of him...right? Dude...put the joint away and stop defending Ricky the wuss Williams!!!

I agree with you 100%
So Ricky go from one season where he lead in rushing and wanted to buy the O-line special presents to blaming them the following season when half the o-line was injured.
That's a lame excuse for his actions.

FinFan24 said:
This is uteer BULLSHIZ im sorry. The Dolphins did all they could, thts a fact. THEY GOT 4 NEW LINEMEN including using there 1st round draft pick on one! They couldnt afford Woody and Tait! Do u think they were eilling to give up O-gun and Chrish Chambers for only one of those guys? Becuase thts what there salary most likey would of done. If Ricky wanted a diff O-Line so badly, and doesnt care about money, y didnt he offer a small pay-cut to get those guys signed. Blaming this on the FO is so much crap it makes me sick. Im not holding a personal grudge wit Ricky, but i cant stand when ppl try and take the blame off him, especially if its to put on someone else!

4 new linemen don't mean much if the caliber of them is not that great. James is not that bad....and will probably be our best OL.....but that statement couldn't be said with many players. Carey may turn into a good offensive lineman...but he'll be a rookie and greatly struggle in his initial season. St. Claire? Give me a break...the Dolphins did a favor giving this guy a contract...he's not even good enough for the AFL. They could have afforded Woody or Tait (or other strong OL who have been out there in the past few years)...its just a matter of priortitizing. We've spents millions of dollars in the past 2 years on free agents (and trades) to get players like Junior Seau, Sammy Knight, David Boston, and AJ Feely. I'm not saying these aren't good players...but they are being picked up at the expense of the OL. This organization (and many of its fans) feel that a good OL is not needed to win....but it needs to be a top priority (especially if you want to be a run dominant team). I don't care who you have in your backfield....nobody will prosper behind this line and I hate to think of how many guys will get injured this year as a result.

mellovesthefins said:
um, last time i check, zach thomas's elbows were bleeding EVERY game from an injurt sustained in the preseason... i dont hear him b*tching!

ill dismiss this theory... thanks.
m

Zach is surrounded with talent on defense as well that makes his job so much easier. If our OL had the talent that our DL has....I guarantee you this team would have rolled to a Super Bowl last year and there'd be no one happier or more enthusiastic about this upcoming season than Ricky Williams.

Crzynick25 said:
I completely agree but i still think he should have voiced his concerns a little earlier than the week before camp. I think in my opinion and i think a lot of people feel the same (but not all) are not mad at Ricky for not wanting to play and having it in his heart anymore, noone can blame him for that, but it should have been mention to coaches early so we could have done soemthing to address it. Its the timing that screws us not so much the decision

For all I know, he may have voiced his concerns earlier and been ignored. Do you really think Dave or Rick is going to take responsibility for it at this point? And even if he didn't...any front office who watched last season should have seen the major deficiencies on this line and went out to get some real talent. As I stated in the original post, no RB in their right mind would come here to Miami under the current circumstances....because theirs a strong chance it could be their last year in the league.

Sal Lisitano said:
C'mon wake up. Every running back gets hit. Look at T. Henry and L. Tomlinson...there O-Line was just as bad as ours. Ricky the wuss Williams is nothing but a freakin child...a whinner...and likes to pass the buck and make excuses.

It's true that every running back gets hit....but most don't get hit all the time in the backfield by a DL (or LB) coming at him with a full head of steam. And no other OL was as bad as ours last year....the line we played with was probably the worst I've ever seen in this league and this years version will only be slightly better.

As for Ricky whining...you couldn't be further from the truth. Ricky never complained about the situaion despite how bad it was....he just went out there and gave his best every week.

Even when he left, he didn't blame anyone else at all...he put the onus all on himself....its only when an idiot like McKinney speaks up and blabs his mouth that Ricky has to defend himself.

Yes...Vernon Carey is a rookie and I think he could have a great year...remember Todd Wade's best year was his rookie year so don't give me crap about him being a rookie.

Seth McKinney will be better than Tim Ruddy...he's younger and will get a push on his man much better than old Tim. St. Clair...he is not as bad as you think...he may be a reach though so I'm not sure about him. We got some young players that will get there shot this year. Remember we tried to get Tait and Woody...Tait took Chicago over else...our FO can't do anything about that...and Woody went for the big $$$ in Detroit...again nothing we could do about that...this team did improve their O-Line and we got a Pro Bowl WR in D-Bo...name all the Pro Bowl O-Lineman in New England...Woody did not even play in the playoffs or SB...I think our O-Line will be solid.

Back
Top Bottom