Ricky's true reason for retirement is coming out.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky's true reason for retirement is coming out....

dean_siu said:
As for don't having passion, I agree with you 100% and thats my point throughout this entire thread. I wouldn't have passion to play the game either if I had to run behind this line.

That is where I disagree. I would have the passion if I had to run behind this line.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Smart decision for Ricky to leave. While I was watching games last year, I was saying to myself that this cat was going to have his knees blown out one game. Defenses knew Ricky was the only threat in a run oriented offense. They increase their chances of winning by taking out Ricky. Defenders do not go head up with Ricky anymore, they go for his knees. Add the fact that he's not playing because he loves the game, then you have the result that he's doing the best thing for him.

He loves to travel, I know for a fact he would be depressed if he had to travel in a wheel chair just because he made some so-called "fans" happy for a couple of minutes while he lives in misery for the rest of his life and for what??

He doesn't like playing the game.

Smart descision, lousy timing.

Moron, plain and simple, think about your post, our o-line suked last year, so Ricky was peeved, ...WELL WE DONT HAVE THE SAME LINE AS LAST YEAR CAUSE THE FO KNEW IT AND CHANGED IT! How do you know they wont be sign better? You an NFL coach somewhere? Jeno James, McIntosh, Carey St Clair for depth, may start in beginning. German started 1 game last year and Ricky got 100 yards. Dont tell me,.. your Nostradamous and predict for FACT this line wont be better? Ricky quit for 1 reason and 1 reason only, he didnt want to submit to random tests. Since he failed twice he is subject to random testing and didnt want to have to take the masking agent. He also was mad about losing 4 game checks. He said it himself noone tells what he can and cant do. Plain and simple he got off his meds and started pot and he reverted back to the aloof loner ricky that cared about noone but himself.

That is his choice and he can live with it and prosper. Doesnt mean we have to support it. Oh by the way McKinney wasnt the only critical player, Chester said pretty much the same thing.

It's a good thing every other running back in the NFL has/had great lines to run behind or they'd be quiting right and left.

i think ur missing the point...defend ricky if u want...he is a coward and a traitor. the whole point is he should have quit earlier, not bust his rump all offseason long and just quit. how can you as a fan possibly defend what he did? i swear if he wanted to come back i don't want him, and i hope the FO and teammates don't want him... in fact i hope he does come back so they can tell his butt-HELL NO!!!

dean_siu said:
An uneffective line is an understatement...our line has (and will be again) the worst in the league. He endured it for one year....but I don't blame him for not wanting to do it again. Is it worth it for him to risk an injury that could affect him the rest of his life for another 3 million? If I had that much money in my bank account, I'd probably answer no as well.
Regardless, he had to have considered the possibility of having a crappy line that would cause him to get hit. Ricky deemed it worth getting injured the first day in his life that he put on pads, it goes with the trade.

dean_siu said:
I would much rather have someone smoking pot than taking painkillers. "Popping pills" is much more addictive and can cause much more harm in the long run than smoking a little dope.

He is thinking clearly and I believe that's why he decided to walk away....the risk is not worth the reward at this point in his life. I believe he still has a passion for football and really wants to play this season....why else would he have done all the offseason work?

However, looking at whats ahead for the next 5 months...it's not a pretty picture and he can't do anything to correct this organizations mistakes over the last few seasons.

you might rather...but the point is that this is about rules. if he would play ball with the NFL, then he would not have any problems. if you honestly think he is thinking clearly then you have not been paying attention at all. he says he is thinking of his kids and wants to take care of them. then walks away from a multi-million dollor deal. OK, it may not be the best contract in the league but i tell you i could do a lot with one seasons salory and incentives!!!

this guy is all over the map...literally. admittedly he has stopped taking his meds and because of that IS NOT THINKING CLEARLY. his team mates...eeeh x-team mates, have every right to pop off about him. he left them hanging just before the begining of camp to start the season. actually i am impressed that not more have spoken up. and finally, you must be a fortune teller if you can tell us that the line this year is horrible. be careful, they might surprise you....... :D

dean_siu said:
When I heard this weekend that Ricky retired, I said to blame the front office for this debacle because of thier refusal to build a strong offensive line.
Refusal to build a strong offensive line? Maybe inability, but refusal? I dont recall hearing Dave or Rick saying "we prefer a weak line"

dean_siu said:
I guarantee you any back that was faced with as much punishment as Ricky got last year would be smoking dope as well. Any smart doctor would prescribe it for medicinal purposes as I'm sure he needed something to kill the pain everyday
You guarantee that any other RB would be smoking dope in Ricky's situation? Thats just plain stupid. Besides, Ricky was smoking dope long before last season. Look it up. And "any smart doctor" would not prescribe pot for an athlete. The only time you see marijuana prescribed is in extreme cases of painful life threating diseases or in some cases glaucoma.

dean_siu said:
He gave the Dolphins the entire offseason to address the much maligned offensive line and give him the type of blocking that a HOF calibar back deserves.
Who the h*ll is Ricky to decide what kind of line he deserves? His contract said he would play, it didnt say that he would play if he liked his teammates. HOF calibre? He had one season at that level. His other seasons were good, but hardly had the sculptors at Canton starting on his bust.

dean_siu said:
You can say that the price tag on guys like Woody and Tait were too high....but the organization put themselves in this position over the years and they needed to address it....even if it meant overpaying.
Tait didnt like Miami....wanted a more family oriented city. NE experienced no dropoff in performance from their backup when Woody got injured, so there is a question of how good he actually was. Plus, where would you have liked the money to come from? Cut Zach or JT? Maybe not sign Boston? Fiedler was expendable, but cutting him this year would have saved little.

dean_siu said:
Besides, they were getting a steal on a great running back who was only due to make about 3.3 million this coming soon and they could have used some of their savings here to address this deficiency.
Ricky was slated to make 3.3mil in base salary PLUS rolled over incentives. Total pay for this year would have been around 6mil.

dean_siu said:
When Ricky to leave though, he didn't cite the poor play of his blockers or the ignorance of our front office as the reason. Instead, he showed some class and took all the criticism himself.
Class? you gotta be kidding. He stated himself that the positive drug test was a factor, he quit less than a week before training camp, didnt have the balls to have a press conference to explain his decision to his teammates and fans, and is now dragging his feet in submitting his retirement papers which ties up his cap money preventing the Phins from using it. How much more classless can you get?

dean_siu said:
However, if these idiots like McKinney want to fire barbs at Ricky.....I'm glad to see Ricky counter and defend himself. I can't blame him for walking away now...because he likely would have walked away on crutches by week 4 if he had decided to play.

McKinney needs to shut his trap because he'd be lucky to have a roster spot on most teams....and could probably not start for any other team in the NFL.
Just because McKinney doesnt have Ricky's talent that makes him an idiot? Any player, regardless of their place on the depth chart or talent level has every right to be angry and speak out against a teammate that quits on them. Ricky betrayed his team..

Quit making excuses and put the blame where it belongs. This franchise certainly has problems, from the coaching to several on field positions, but the simple fact is that Ricky quit because he didnt have the integrity or perhaps the emotional stability to stay...or at least to quit earlier when the damage would not have been as bad.

dean_siu said:
Steriods will affect your health and ultimately get you suspended. Pot is harmless and easily masked....it never affected his play on the field, didn't affect his relationships with his teammates, and didn't cause him to miss any games. Its ridiculous to me that people keep making an issue out of this....because most the people knocking this probably smoke it themselves.

:fire: PLEASE tell me you did not say that doing pot is HARMLESS!!! If it were harmless it would not be ILLEGAL!!! While it isnt crack or heroine it is still KILLING YOUR BRAINCELLS!!! Harmless I really cant believe you said that, oh wait yes I can most of the other posts you have made have made as much sense as the aforementioned statement. :fire:

The blame for this fiasco lies solely with Ricky and Ricky alone, you said he put it all on himself.....well who else is there? Rick or Wanny didnt force him to retire, Ricky did this all by himself and thus should have taken all the blame. But you know what makes me more mad than anything, he wasnt even man enough to stay and face this like a man. He hopped on a plane out of here and left Le Retard to break this.

I liked Ricky I really did but Seth McKinney said it perfect "This is the single most selfish act I have ever seen." I appreciate Seth, he called a spade a spade. He didnt come out and sugar coat it, and that I can appreciate about the man. Who cares how many starts he has, last time I checked he played for the good guys. As such has the full right to speak out on this matter because guess what this affects him, go figure!!!

[font=&quot]
PLEASE tell me you did not say that doing pot is HARMLESS!!! If it were harmless it would not be ILLEGAL!!! While it isnt crack or heroine it is still KILLING YOUR BRAINCELLS!!!
Okay, now tell me that alcohol isn't killing your brain cells?!?! And it IS legal! I am not a fan of either, but come on! You can't preach that one is illegal because of that, when there is another legal substance that does the same damn thing.
[/font]

I am not trying to preach to anyone about anything, but for someone to call pot harmless that really got under my skin!

I agree that pot is not harmless, but the way you put it just got under my skin so to speak. No harm no foul. I don't believe in either of those drugs, legal or illegal.

It's just that you put your emphasis on the fact that pot is ILLEGAL. That was my only point.

dean_siu said:
There's no question that the MLB takes the brunt of the load...but Zach delivers more punishment than he takes.....and you can blame any of his pain on the front office for ignoring defensive needs. He has one of the best DL in all of football playing in front of him.

Please don't tell me your freaking serious here???

You won't hear me blame the front office for Zach making a doo doo load of tackles and somehow getting hurt!! THAT'S WHAT HE GETS PAID TO DO!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER UGH~!!! :rolleyes:

After seeing the pathetic performance by the OL.....anyone agreeing with me yet???

Back
Top Bottom