rishard matthews | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

rishard matthews

The guy will be lucky to make the team. With Wallace, Gibson, Hartline, and Bess...there is really only one position left. If we draft a WR in the first five...he's toast.

The guy will be lucky to make the team. With Wallace, Gibson, Hartline, and Bess...there is really only one position left. If we draft a WR in the first five...he's toast.

Bess should be more concerned.

I expect we keep six. I think Mathews keeps his roster spot, at the expense of Egnew/Clay if need be.

Likely not. Bess would be the odd man out, as he has value (both in his release and in trade value)

Why would there be an odd man out? We have 5 good receivers. Why would they drop a guy? Makes no sense.

You either:

A) Sign Bess back to a short term deal next offseason

Or

B) Draft a guy to play the 5th spot in the 2014 draft

No need to destroy one of our deepest positions...

am I the only one who likes armon binns from cinn? iwas high on this guys ability he really came on strong towards the end of the year

am I the only one who likes armon binns from cinn? iwas high on this guys ability he really came on strong towards the end of the year

haven't seen enough, would like to see more though. definitely.

Likely not. Bess would be the odd man out, as he has value (both in his release and in trade value)

I'm not looking at trades etc. I am looking just at who is the best out of who we have.

Matthews dropped more than his share of passes. I recently looked at all of Tannehills passes from last year to get my own stats on right/left/middle short/middle/deep...and while I was at it...Matthews stood out as a guy that missed a lot of passes that hit him in the hands. Passes that weren't Tannehills fault. Now, there were several passes that were difficult...but he didn't step up.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Bess should be more concerned.

If Bess is gone...it will be from a trade...not getting cut. Mathews would get cut.

That just seems like a strange distinction, though. With Bess being traded (or cut) it'd allow Matthews to stay. The specific route of his departure seems inconsequential.

He was one of my favorites last year. I had 10 wide receivers I'd have targeted at different stages in the Draft and he was 1 of the 10.

He's got a chance.

I was excited by everything I saw out of Rishard last year. He took full advantage of every opportunity he was given. Very athletic with great ball skills. He'll be a great #4/5 receiver. I think he's good enough to beat out Gibson for the 4, but I love that we signed Gibson anyway. The best way to fix an area of need is competition. Wallace and Gibson are just gonna make this guy work that much harder. Can't wait to see what 86 puts on tape this year.

We need depth and competition at the position. We are getting closer!

What Rishard showed in particular to me is that he may have a knack for playing the slot position the way Philbin and Sherman run the offense. He missed out on one big play that sticks out in my mind but it was a pretty near-miss, the type that shows potential.

I'm not looking at trades etc. I am looking just at who is the best out of who we have.

Matthews dropped more than his share of passes. I recently looked at all of Tannehills passes from last year to get my own stats on right/left/middle short/middle/deep...and while I was at it...Matthews stood out as a guy that missed a lot of passes that hit him in the hands. Passes that weren't Tannehills fault. Now, there were several passes that were difficult...but he didn't step up.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

According to that site, he had 11 catches and 0 drops.

Back
Top Bottom