Risk vs Reward for Manning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Risk vs Reward for Manning

...I don't know if Peyton will ever play in the NFL again........but you can be damn sure it won't be from a lack of effort on his part...personally I'd like to see Peyton get to checkout from the game on his terms....and not forced out because of injury....unfortunately the latter seems to be ahead in the Polls....

....would have loved to see Manning in a Dolphin uniform for a few years though....

Manning may have access to, "The Best Surgeons on the Planet" or the Best of whatever .. How did that work out for him? Having access to the best doesn't necessarily mean you get the best!!! like I've said in many post about Manning, Fusion Surgeries don't discriminate or differentiate between an Athlete or the
Average Joe ... Once the Plate is Screwed into the Spine; Athlete and Average Joe are 1 in the same ... Plain and Simple!!! Both the Athlete and Average Joe can rehab all they want, some better than others, but it still can't change the fact; the human anatomy is surgically altered, leaving Athlete and the Average Joe in the very same position ... Manning may be able to rehab to the point of throwing a football, but that doesn't mean you pay him millions of dollars to POSSIBLY be able to throw like before, that won't happen ...

If Manning is healthy..The front office may look at it as a business decision as to who will sell more tickets at the end of the day Manning > Flynn

Manning may have access to, "The Best Surgeons on the Planet" or the Best of whatever .. How did that work out for him? Having access to the best doesn't necessarily mean you get the best!!! like I've said in many post about Manning, Fusion Surgeries don't discriminate or differentiate between an Athlete or the
Average Joe ... Once the Plate is Screwed into the Spine; Athlete and Average Joe are 1 in the same ... Plain and Simple!!! Both the Athlete and Average Joe can rehab all they want, some better than others, but it still can't change the fact; the human anatomy is surgically altered, leaving Athlete and the Average Joe in the very same position ... Manning may be able to rehab to the point of throwing a football, but that doesn't mean you pay him millions of dollars to POSSIBLY be able to throw like before, that won't happen ...

so you're saying that all surgeons have the same skill and understanding of the human anatomy, and one doctor couldn't possibly succeed and perform a surgery better than the other one? All doctors are the same? Is that what you're saying?

If Peyton can still play I want him on my team...simple as that. I dont care about the possible health risk, thats his choice.

so you're saying that all surgeons have the same skill and understanding of the human anatomy, and one doctor couldn't possibly succeed and perform a surgery better than the other one? All doctors are the same? Is that what you're saying?

No I'm not saying that!!! of course surgeons have different skills, some better than others .. the point is; once the plate is attached to the spine, you can't change, what the plate does to the human anatomy .. it alters a person movement capabilities ... Fusion Surgery is what it is, no amount of rehab can give back the natural ball bearing, the disc is to a spine ... disc give a human being ability to bend, twist or turn ... some people rehab better than others, where they feel less pain and numbness on a daily basis, but the surgery will not give a person back 100% of what it was able to do before the injury and surgery ... Manning may get to the point where he can throw a football regularly, but it will come at a price in terms of arm fatigue and numbness, and that is not counting when he takes a hit and jerks his neck ... also another point I was trying to make, In Spite of having the capabilities of seeing the best of the best, he still has had 3 surgeries, so what good was it that he was able to see the best and still had enough complicates to have additional surgeries!!! just because he can see the best doesn't mean, Manning got a better chance than say the Average Joe ...

At the end of the day the only way you get QB's the level of Peyton Manning and Drew Brees at this stage in their careers is if there is some sort of risk your willing to take. In 2006 it was the 11 surgical anchors to Brees labrum that made him an option, this year it's the Fusion Surgery for Manning. At some point the Dolphins will have to take a chance to get an elite QB. If the dolphins sign Manning and he can't physically play anymore what is the big risk? His contract will clearly be written with protections to the team for that situation so I can't imagine it will be cap issues. As far as missing out on Flynn or RGIII they aren't any more a sure bet than a top draftpick QB would be any other year.

Back
Top Bottom