Rodriguez to Alabama | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodriguez to Alabama

Am I missing where Rodriguez actually accepted the job? WVU should just match the offer and hope he stays

yes you are.... He's accepting it tommorow morning. He's going to be making 1 million more a year there than he does here in WV. Our athletics director even said they'll put millions of dolllars into the football facilites if he stays

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] The Birmingham News reported on its website late Thursday that Rodriguez was offered more than $2 million a year with incentives and would have one of the highest-paid coaching staffs in the Southeastern Conference.[/FONT]
http://sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9857130

lots of pressure down there in bama to turn the team around. lots of pressure.

FLOUNDER said:
yes you are.... He's accepting it tommorow morning. He's going to be making 1 million more a year there than he does here in WV. Our athletics director even said they'll put millions of dolllars into the football facilites if he stays

your link says

Despite a frenzy of published reports to the contrary, Rich Rodriguez remained West Virginia’s football coach Thursday night and apparently had not decided what to do with an offer to coach Alabama’s football team that was presented to him earlier in the day.
Amid reports — mostly by Web sites based in Alabama — that went so far as to say a press conference to introduce him had been scheduled today in Tuscaloosa, by mid-evening Thursday Rodriguez had not responded one way or another to the Tide.

Rodriguez did not respond to phone calls Thursday and, in fact, even went so far as to turn off the voice mail on his cell phone. But sources close to the West Virginia coach said that as of Thursday evening Rodriguez hadn’t even had a chance to discuss the situation with his family. Nor has Rodriguez even visited the Alabama campus, which those close to him insist he would do at least once before committing to any move.

And I know he's going to make 1 mill more at Alabama, but why doesnt WVU just give him a raise and try to keep him. Unless he really wants to leave.

No clue, im stumped on that one also to be honest with you

But i've read numerous newspaper articles that sais he's signing with them tommorow

Birmingham News: Rodriguez Accepts Alabama Offer
[SIZE=-1]MetroNews Sports[/SIZE]
Morgantown

According to a story posted Thursday evening at The Birmingham News website, “University of Alabama officials and West Virginia’s Rich Rodriguez have reached an agreement in principle for Rodriguez to become the Crimson Tide’s next head football coach, two sources close to the search told The Birmingham News tonight.â€Â

To link to The Birmingham News story CLICK HERE

In addition, The Birmingham News said, “Alabama officials are confident Rodriguez will sign his deal Friday morning, sources said, because the two sides have agreed on all economic and non economic issues.â€Â

The Birmingham News said Rodriguez will make over $2 million per year plus incentives and will have on of the highest-paid coaching staffs in the Southeastern Conference.

Sources at West Virginia had told MetroNews earlier Thursday that WVU officials were trying to put together a counter offer for Rodriguez, but if The Birmingham News story is correct, Rodriguez did not accept the Mountaineers’ proposal.

here ya go

I dont know what else to say. Im just very upset with this situation....

FLOUNDER said:
No clue, im stumped on that one also to be honest with you

But i've read numerous newspaper articles that sais he's signing with them tommorow

It's simple

Better program
Better conference
Schedule includes playing legit ranked teams giving a much better shot at playing for a Natl. Title.

Do you realize how long it will take him to get the "spread offense" to work there. He's been working on it here for 3 years and just perfected it not to long ago. and with the opponents he'll be playing down there, he'll be lucky to win 6 games next season

FLOUNDER said:
Do you realize how long it will take him to get the "spread offense" to work there. He's been working on it here for 3 years and just perfected it not to long ago. and with the opponents he'll be playing down there, he'll be lucky to win 6 games next season
Sounds like it will take him 2-3 years. Maybe less since Alabama will get better recruits than WV, and those recruits will have seen what Rich did at WV. I bet he cleans house this year in recruiting.

what the heck is going on??? No one knows what the hell is going on. There saying RR was not even in any negotiations today and he will be faxed a copy of the contract in MoTown Friday morning.

The University of Alabama appeared to move closer to hiring West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez on Thursday night. While day-long negotiations in Tuscaloosa between the two sides did not conclude with an agreement, the university will deliver a contract to Rodriguez on Friday morning, representatives of both sides said Thursday night.

Both sides denied Thursday night media reports that a deal had been made in principle, largely because an important member of the negotiations -- Rodriguez himself -- had yet to participate in them.

Rodriguez spent the day in Jacksonville, Fla., where he participated in a press conference to promote the Toyota Gator Bowl between the Mountaineers and Georgia Tech on Jan. 1.

Rodriguez returned to Morgantown, W.Va., on Thursday night and will have the contract faxed to him on Friday morning.

Alabama athletic director Mal Moore, senior associate athletic director Finus Gaston and university attorneys spent the day meeting in Tuscaloosa with Rodriguez's representative, Mike Brown.

Though the university made inquiries into the availability of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier and Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban, Rodriguez is the first coach with whom Moore entered serious discussion. Though Rodriguez won the Big East Conference championship and the Sugar Bowl last season, the most important day of his career will be Friday. The 43-year-old Rodriguez will decide whether to leave his alma mater and his home state to take on one of the most pressurized jobs in college football.

West Virginia increased Rodriguez's salary to $1.1 million last summer. The terms of his contract include a $2 million payment to the university should he leave before Aug. 31, 2007.

Sources told ESPN's Joe Schad that Alabama extended a six-year, $12 million offer to Rodriguez, and Alabama would also pay West Virginia a $2 million buyout. The proposed deal would make Rodriguez among the top 10 highest-paid college coaches in the nation, doubling his current salary.

The Birmingham News reported on its Web site late Thursday that Rodriguez was offered more than $2 million a year with incentives and would have one of the highest-paid coaching staffs in the Southeastern Conference.

The newspaper, citing anonymous sources, said Alabama officials expected him to sign the deal on Friday.

However, West Virginia tailback Steve Slaton, in Orlando to attend Thursday night's Home Depot College Football Awards Show at Walt Disney World Resort, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Rodriguez told his team he's not going anywhere.

Let's see how it pans out...

Rich "Roll Tide" Rodriguez. Roll Rod Roll! I love the sound of that.

He's one of the few coaches than can make me forget about the Shula situation. I'm hoping the press have it right on this one, but the way Birmingham media have covered this has been amateur at best.

Love that sig, but he hasnt signed the papers saying he's going. and i'd trust espn over somebody down there in "roll tide" country any day. and from what espn sais, there faxing him the thing tommorow and he'll speak to his family and such. But his wife doesent want to leave. WVU may up his anual pay to get him to stay also. We'll just have to see how this turns out

Back
Top Bottom