Rodriguez to Alabama | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodriguez to Alabama

I think Coach Rod was just looking to get the compensation he deserved for the job he is doing at WVU. He wanted to stay there and I feel that he will stay there untill he retires as long as WVU gives him to tools necessary to run a top notch college football program.

When Coach Rod got the job he wasn't the hot coach he is now. He was an up and comer and got a fair contract for what he offered the team. He is now a top 25 coach in the NCAA easily. He deserved to be fairly compensated for his efforts. I believe he also wanted his Assistants to get better pay as well. I am willing to bet that there is also a pay increase coming their way was well. The facilities were also a major issue for him.

He was near the bottom for BigEast coaches salary. He was also well out of the top 25 pay in NCAA coaches. WVU can't pay him the top dollar but they definatly could have done better, which they did. It is really bad that it had to come to this for him to get the compensation he deserved.

It was rough for me as a fan during the past few weeks. It was reported on the local MSN radio that he had accepted the Alabama job, then Coach called in and basically berated the announcers. I then felt Coach Rod was here to stay, then this week it all happened again and it looked like a done deal. I was prepared to move on and was more angry at WVU for not putting up the cash then Coach Rod for leaving. Now it is all good and hopefully this is done for a long time.

Now go out there and get us some players on D for next year and we can make a run for the National Championship.

Welcome back Coach Rod, It felt like you never left..... :wink:

Bumpus said:
:fire: :blowup: :wall: :barf: :yell: :what: :hmph: :crying: :cry:
This sucks.

It appears that Mr. "I'll-be-here-as-long-as-they'll-have-me" has decided otherwise.

As disgusted as I am about this ... if WVU is not willing/able to match the offer - who are we (the WVU fans) to tell him not to take a job that pays him twice the loot ...

See ya coach, I wish you well.

(the search begins)
:D
Ahhh...

What a difference a weekend makes.

Back
Top Bottom