Rodriguez to Alabama | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodriguez to Alabama

Motion said:
No I don't know why you would get so angry when nothing was made official. Don't twist the story.

Because they are actually doing good, and the fans are frightened they'd lose that. They had to pick a scape goat quick, just in case they did.

Get it twisted? I freaking went to a bama newspaper and they had rich rodriguez in an alabama hat and saying "He's ours"

You've got to be kidding me on saying i took it to far

FLOUNDER said:
Get it twisted? I freaking went to a bama newspaper and they had rich rodriguez in an alabama hat and saying "He's ours"

Honestly, the only newspaper I would trust 100% is the Wall Street Journal.

I certainly wouldn't trust an online newspaper with an agenda.

FLOUNDER said:

When the only link is a bama paper, same one that said Saban was getting the job probably, you should question it. If ESPN and other places arent picking it up it hasnt happened.

It was on ESPN to, something to the effect of ( Bama Finds new head coach)

I saved the link, im looking for it right now

Bama is never happy with their coaches...I guess they think someone is going to come along to make them forget about Bear Bryant. I wouldn't want to coach there under that kind of pressure. That is probably why Saban said NO.

I agree, no coach is going to be able to come in there first year and win a national championship (except coker) and look at him now

Good move by Rich Rodriguez. I think his best chance of vying for a National Championship is with WVU, rather than Alabama. It's always nice to hear guys shun away teams because he wanted to stay at his alma mater or where he "built things". Although, it was more about money, it's still nice.

"This is the day the Big East arrived. Not when WVU beat Louisville, not when Louisville beat Miami, not when WVU won the Sugar Bowl, but today, December 8th, 2006, the day WVU's head coach turned down Alabama. When you turn down Alabama, you have arrived."

Lee corso, that sais alot

Think about it. He had his chance to make more money, go to a program that had a better recruitment and everything else. He obviously did this to put WVU in the spotlight, do you realize how much airtime this whole scenero got? all kinds, and now kids are saying "Well if he turned down bama, they must have a heck of a program up there in Morgantown" He milked this for everything it was worth. Plus he got them to up his pay and get new additions for the football facility. Do you think this all was done intentionally? hell yes i do

FLOUNDER said:
"This is the day the Big East arrived. Not when WVU beat Louisville, not when Louisville beat Miami, not when WVU won the Sugar Bowl, but today, December 8th, 2006, the day WVU's head coach turned down Alabama. When you turn down Alabama, you have arrived."

Lee corso, that sais alot
Just personally, I take what Lee Corso says with a grain of salt. He's a talking head like Sean Salisbury. Both guys are very smart, but say things for reactions.

I think he did it intentionally. It's a smart, business move. It does a great deal to help put WVU back on the map. It only speeds the train up, because that train started after beating UGA in the Sugar Bowl last year. Things can only continue to get better for WVU, especially with improved athletic facilities. I've said it before, Rodriguez is extremely intelligent. Does that mean I like him, no. But, I certainly respect him.

I feel bad for Alabama fans, but I don't feel the least bit bad for the administration. Years of unrealistic expectations have finally caught up to them. They get rid a coach that went 10-2 last year and wasn't that bad. Now they try to buy their way back into the college elite, by throwing their weight around, trying to pick on a school with less money, and trying to take away the best asset our school has.

They are like the rich kid down the street who has everything, but is not happy until he has taken the only one possession of value you have.

Back
Top Bottom