Rodriguez to Alabama | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodriguez to Alabama

Rodriguez is an alum of WVU. He walked-on to the football team. Now he's turned them into a powerhouse. It just seems like the great story for him to stay, and it doesn't make sense for him to leave, even if he's getting offered more money.

IMO, if WVU matched the offer, he'd stay in a heart beat. Then again, I don't really know RichRod.

Thats what he was waiting on, for them to match the price. But WVU may not do it. But they will spend millions of dollars to add on to the football facility... So, its looking better for us WVU fans... Especially after reading this

However, West Virginia tailback Steve Slaton, in Orlando to attend Thursday night's Home Depot College Football Awards Show at Walt Disney World Resort, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Rodriguez told his team he's not going anywhere.

umm.....I saw ESPN's report. It had his face with an Alabama hat on.
Just saying what I saw and what ESPN confirmed.

Watch Sportscenter!

not like he could return to WVU now anyway, too much pup on this move, his team wouldnt trust him and the fans would be showing him the door.

:fire: :blowup: :wall: :barf: :yell: :what: :hmph: :crying: :cry:
This sucks.

It appears that Mr. "I'll-be-here-as-long-as-they'll-have-me" has decided otherwise.

As disgusted as I am about this ... if WVU is not willing/able to match the offer - who are we (the WVU fans) to tell him not to take a job that pays him twice the loot ...

See ya coach, I wish you well.

(the search begins)

wonder if they might go after Coker, he is a great recruiter!! maybe up in morgantown he wont have all the off the feild problems. just a thought.

Timmy54 said:
wonder if they might go after Coker, he is a great recruiter!! maybe up in morgantown he wont have all the off the feild problems. just a thought.

They could go after Bill Cubit. Brian Kelly took the Cincy job, so WV would have some info in him right off the bat.

Larry coker, head of recruiting... I wouldnt have a propblem with that. Just keep him off the field and away from the players

FLOUNDER said:
Larry coker, head of recruiting... I wouldnt have a propblem with that. Just keep him off the field and away from the players

That could be difficult. Great logic though.

Out West, the Arizona State search seems to be warming up with news that a list has been narrowed to six -- Mike Price (Texas El-Paso), Mike Riley (Oregon State), Steve Mariucci, Dennis Erickson (Idaho), Norm Chow (Tennessee Titans) and Mike Martz (Detroit Lions).

who knows who the next head coach will be. This article is out of morgantown, and it says Mike Price is the top cantidate..Who the hell is mike price?

Mike Price is the guy that got fired from Alabama for being at a strip club back before they hired Shula.

This thing is getting pretty exciting.
Rodriguez and WV are negotiating.
It isn't a done deal yet.

Motion said:
Mike Price is the guy that got fired from Alabama for being at a strip club back before they hired Shula.
Stupid mistake, but the guy is a great coach.

I hope they don't get Erickson. He's doing some things in Idaho. I mean it would really hurt the program to lose him.

Back
Top Bottom