Rookie of the Year ??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie of the Year ???

GRAPEAPE said:
Caddy had a bigger impacton his team and his numbers were better. That plus he was a media darling got him the ROY, he deserved it.

the media darling thing had nothnig to do with anything.

What was the final voting for the defensive rookie of the year? i was curious to see how many votes Lofa got? and if Crowder got any?

MikeO said:
HE HAD BETTER NUMBERS!

It has nothing to do with media, nicknames, or anything else. The numbers don't lie!

Oh yeah. IT was unbelievable how Caddy outplayed Ronnie:

Caddy: 1178 rushing yards (4.1 YPC) 6 TDs, 81 yards recieving = total yards 1259 combined yards per touch 4.1 yards.
Ronnie: 907 rushing yards (4.4 ypc) 4 TDs, 232 recieving yards, 1 TD = 1139 total yards. Combined yards per touch: 4.8 yards

Combined number of opportunities: Caddy = 310
Ronnie = 239

All things, in the voting, were not considered. Ronnie played better than Caddy and was a more balanced weapon. This while sharing touches with RW.

AS an added note, had Ronnie touched the ball as many times as Caddy, assuming the average per touch had stayed the same, Ronnie would have had a combined 1488 yards. His TD total would have more than likely went up.
Cadddy had a big advantage going into the season. HE WAS the media favorite from the get go. It couldn't have been more obvious. I don't really argue the fact that Caddy is deserving. What I find harder to comprehend is the overwhelming vote for Caddy over Ronnie, which to me proves he was everyone's favorite from the beginning. They were just waiting to hand it to him.

while i already said caddy deserved to win, i do think that ronnie deserved more votes to atleast make it somewhat closer

MikeO said:
the media darling thing had nothnig to do with anything.
Ok so people talking about Caddy everyday on espn or Nfl network didn't make anyone pay attention to him at all. As I stated in my post Caddy had better numbers and made a Bigger impact on his team. Being a Media darling couldn't have hurt his chances. and once again he deserved it.

twanderer said:
Why is it such a big deal that caddy got it?

I don't know that it's that big of a deal. I think people are just a little shocked that Ronnie garnered basically no consideration for the award.

NawlinsBucFan said:
:yeahthat:

So many people here seem to think Caddy winning ROY means everyone is spitting in RB's face. It's just an award for the rookie who had the best season and made the biggest contribution to the team. Carnell had the best season of all the offensive rookie this year. What's the problem?

I agree with you. Caddy deserved the award. I don't think that that means he's better than Ronnie or he will have a better career. He just simply had better stats this year than Ronnie.

brown probably should've did something in the final month of the season if he wanted nay consideration for the award

MikeO said:
HE HAD BETTER NUMBERS!

It has nothing to do with media, nicknames, or anything else. The numbers don't lie!

Yea..and the numbers clearly show that Ronnie averaged more yards per carry than Caddy. Caddy's got 90 something more carries than Ronnie and STILL Ronnie only trails him by about 200 yards. Plus look at his receiving stats. Ronnie mopped the floor with him there. It's funny cause if you would have given Ronnie those extra 90 carries that Caddy got (3more games basically) Ronnie FOR SURE would have eclipsed him. But somebody already said it perfectly: Caddy was the media darling. THat plus he had a BIG 1st game of the season where he broke a few long ones. After that 1st game or 2, I think the Media along with everybody else (including some horrible fin fans) had it semented that Caddy was the better of the two and that the Dolphins messed up with picking him.

SCall13 said:
Oh yeah. IT was unbelievable how Caddy outplayed Ronnie:

Caddy: 1178 rushing yards (4.1 YPC) 6 TDs, 81 yards recieving = total yards 1259 combined yards per touch 4.1 yards.
Ronnie: 907 rushing yards (4.4 ypc) 4 TDs, 232 recieving yards, 1 TD = 1139 total yards. Combined yards per touch: 4.8 yards

Combined number of opportunities: Caddy = 310
Ronnie = 239

All things, in the voting, were not considered. Ronnie played better than Caddy and was a more balanced weapon. This while sharing touches with RW.

AS an added note, had Ronnie touched the ball as many times as Caddy, assuming the average per touch had stayed the same, Ronnie would have had a combined 1488 yards. His TD total would have more than likely went up.
Cadddy had a big advantage going into the season. HE WAS the media favorite from the get go. It couldn't have been more obvious. I don't really argue the fact that Caddy is deserving. What I find harder to comprehend is the overwhelming vote for Caddy over Ronnie, which to me proves he was everyone's favorite from the beginning. They were just waiting to hand it to him.

If he gets as many touches and Carnell, defenses start gameplannig specifically for him (the way they do for Carnell) and his yards per touch go down. It not a knock against Ronnie, that is just how it is in the NFL.

NawlinsBucFan said:
If he gets as many touches and Carnell, defenses start gameplannig specifically for him (the way they do for Carnell) and his yards per touch go down. It not a knock against Ronnie, that is just how it is in the NFL.

LOL...not likely. There wasn't that huge of a difference in carries. Besides, Ronnie being the bigger, stronger of the two backs, he would have gotten better as the game went by wearing the defense down and I think his numbers would have actually went up. His recieving numbers were well above Caddy's and would have been WAAAAAY over Caddy's had he had the same amount of opportunity.
Again, I'm not trying to take the ROY away from Caddy. Congrats to him. I'm just a little (NO, alot) surprised that the voting was so lopsided.

phinfan2003 said:
I agree with you. Caddy deserved the award. I don't think that that means he's better than Ronnie or he will have a better career. He just simply had better stats this year than Ronnie.

No. Not better stats: only in TOTAL RUSHING YARDS. And THat's it.And Just barely too. By 200 yards. (which Caddy got 90 something more carries BTW) Ronnie beat him out in every other category. Yards per Carry-Ronnie, Receptions-Ronnie, Receiving yards-Ronnie, PLUS: he was splitting time with Ricky! Over in Tampa it's all on Caddy's shoulders.

SCall13 said:
LOL...not likely. There wasn't that huge of a difference in carries. Besides, Ronnie being the bigger, stronger of the two backs, he would have gotten better as the game went by wearing the defense down and I think his numbers would have actually went up. His recieving numbers were well above Caddy's and would have been WAAAAAY over Caddy's had he had the same amount of opportunity.
Again, I'm not trying to take the ROY away from Caddy. Congrats to him. I'm just a little (NO, alot) surprised that the voting was so lopsided.

If you want to hear my thoughts on this plaese check out this thread
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=117104&page=5&pp=15

YPC is not a very telling stat to go by.

Back
Top Bottom