Rookie of the Year ??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie of the Year ???

Well, he had 20 more total yards than Ronnie, so, I guess that shows he's so much better :rolleyes:

Really, it's no big deal. I'm happy with the back we got, and, I'm sure the Bucs are happy with thier choice.

All ROY is gonna do is give an agent another baragining chip for thier next contract :)

Let's see who the better back is at the end of their careers. THAT is when you will know who was the best back.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

MikeO said:
HE HAD BETTER NUMBERS!

It has nothing to do with media, nicknames, or anything else. The numbers don't lie!

i think caddy deserved to go because of his team being in the playoffs......but did you not see the stats....ronnie has better numbers....apparently you didnt take statictics in school.

Williams had more of an impact on his team, he deserved the award.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He was deserving as was Merriman over Brown!

They said he was a catalyst in the offense this year at TB and a big reason they won the division. I think that's fair to say. They were in 2 different situations and it's not a sleight to Ronnie. For a while it looked like Ronnie, but frankly he wore down even with the limited carries. He said so about week (12 or 13?) in a newspaper article (forgot where I saw it so no link - sorry). Soon after that article he did decline a bit and got injured. He said he hit the rookie wall. Honest of him to admit it and I think he'll be ready next year!

Just so everyone is clear on this. I am still glad we have Ronnie because of the type of back he is and will likely go further than Caddy IMO.

Caddy did better. The Dolphins did better with Ricky solo then they did with Ronnie solo. Ronnie was the second best back on the team and didn't have nearly as big as an impact that Caddy had.

Caddy was more important to the Bucs AND he had better stats. This wasn't close. No matter how much more I like Ronnie Caddy won the title hands down.

If Ronnie would have played the last 2 games and got 100 yards a game(which is a stretch) to put him at 1100 with Caddy then it would have been Ronnie for ROY, but not by much.

Had ronnie had the same amount of carries as caddy, he would have ended up with 1272 yrds. I think ronnie had a great season while sharing time with Ricky. but do I feel he was more deserving of ROY? no.

Caddy means more to the Bucs right now. But I can tell you I would rather have our situation at RB (R&R) than Tampa's.

Back
Top Bottom