Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

You need to teach some of your Bama brethren a tad of that humility. And Les needs to stop doing the Harlem shake and focus on getting this offense straight. (Excited about Cam though)

I'll probably subject myself to ridicule and make the trip to Tuscaloosa again in November. I just can't stay away. Let me know if you're going.

:end hijack:

Go Fins

Well I do my best to keep Namor under control. But that fella is just a stone cold animal when he gets liquored up.... I couldn't believe what he did to that poor LSU fan down on Bourbon St.

If I'm alive I'll be there... and we always enjoy stocking up on yeaux LSU fans in Bryant-Denny. In all seriousness we'd love to have you... just PM me for details anytime.

A little off topic, but from the picture does it look like Ireland has lost some weight?

This is his busy time of the season and with the money and picks he has it's kind of now or never for Jeff.

No time for food :idk:

I never thought I'd see the day inside the Dolphins organization where they would be the team that I believe executed a damn near flawless offseason. Never thought I'd see it...

..but they've managed to achieve nearly exactly that. The combination of guys they got rid of, combined with the way they attacked free agency added up to almost mirror what I would consider a perfect offseason. The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

As always, it's going to be up to the front office to complete the task by having a sound strategy heading into the draft, and plucking TALENT at cornerstone positions. Loaded with 11 picks, and the draft being deep at precisely all of the positions where Miami's most pressing needs are... it's going to be hard for even Ireland to screw this one up.

Believe it or not, the Dolphins should feel very good about where they're at because it's going to be awful difficult for it not to get even better a little over a month from now.

What did you do with Slimm?

I agree they have done a solid job taking out the trash and filling holes! I hope we address either tackle, de or cb with our last FA moves no rush now though solid starters to be had and it's a buyers market! With the wheels coming off the bus in New England this team could win the division but we need to fill a hole or two prior to the draft.

What did you do with Slimm?

That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative according to which agenda or bias it favors.

I don't look at it that way. I just call everything like I see it. Whether it's percieved as positive or negative is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters to me is:

a.) Is it how I really feel about it?
b.) Does it have sound football logic behind it?
c.) Does the same logic apply regardless of the team that did it/didn't do it?

If the answer is 'yes' to all three, you have yourself a Slimm post.

That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative.

I'm just playing with you. Agree or disagree with what you post, you are clearly pretty honest when you talk about the team. I won't say objective because that might be a shouright trigger word.

That's the thing, everybody looks at a post and immediately must classify it as positive or negative according to which agenda or bias it favors.

I don't look at it that way. I just call everything like I see it. Whether it's percieved as positive or negative is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters to me is:

a.) Is it how I really feel about it?
b.) Does it have sound football logic behind it?
c.) Does the same logic apply regardless of the team that did it/didn't do it?

If the answer is 'yes' to all three, you have yourself a Slimm post.

Agreed we get labeled as negative, Debbie downer, etc because we don't blindly praise every move that is made. I have said all along I am a realist I call it how I see it not my fault for the better part of a decade the Dolphins have been serving the fans Chicken **** and passing it off as Chicken Salad!

So far we have had a solid off season but there is still a lot of work to be done! Wallace, Gibson and Kelner were upgrades the two Lbs I hope they are but only time will tell. A couple more solid signings and I don't see why this team isn't competing for the Division or a Wildcard!

Agreed we get labeled as negative, Debbie downer, etc because we don't blindly praise every move that is made. I have said all along I am a realist I call it how I see it not my fault for the better part of a decade the Dolphins have been serving the fans Chicken **** and passing it off as Chicken Salad!

So far we have had a solid off season but there is still a lot of work to be done! Wallace, Gibson and Kelner were upgrades the two Lbs I hope they are but only time will tell. A couple more solid signings and I don't see why this team isn't competing for the Division or a Wildcard!

Wildcard is up in the air I feel, Im not confident we will be that team because alot of huge holes.

The only sure playoff teams to me are NE, Houston, Denver and Cinncy

Wildcard is up in the air I feel, Im not confident we will be that team because alot of huge holes.

It really depends on how the draft and the rest of free agency go.

I thought we were an 8 win team last year, and honestly, I kinda think we are an 8 win team again. Tougher schedule, we don't get Oakland, Seattle and Jacksonville at home. That was 2 gimme wins right there and a very significant edge on a team we matched up well with in the Seahawks.

If Tannehill makes strides I think 10 wins is a realistic probability. If he doesn't, 7-8 sounds about right.

I am not trying to be a homer but I'm not sold on the Pats! I think losing Welker is going to do a lot of damage he and Brady had a unbelievable chemistry they were in each others heads and always in the same page. Danny Armawhatshisnuts has huge shoes to fill while trying to be healthy for a full season. I think people underestimate how key Welker was in getting Gronk and Hernandez mismatches. Not to mention they have no other WRs under contract.

I am not trying to be a homer but I'm not sold on the Pats! I think losing Welker is going to do a lot of damage he and Brady had a unbelievable chemistry they were in each others heads and always in the same page. Danny Armawhatshisnuts has huge shoes to fill while trying to be healthy for a full season. I think people underestimate how key Welker was in getting Gronk and Hernandez mismatches. Not to mention they have no other WRs under contract.

Welker will hurt them, I agree. I think that is Billy B outsmarting himself. But they are still an 11-12 win team and I don't see Miami improving by 4-5 wins. I will say this, though, I think Miami will finish ahead of the Bengals, and I think it's between Miami, Cincinnati and Indy for the two wild card positions. We'll see. I don't know what is going on with the Steelers and Ravens but my gut is that one of them will surprise everyone and come out strong.

I agree the Pats wont be the same , I just dont think we take a big enough leap to cactch them. We changed out linebackers and neither is an improvement in coverage and dont have a cb on roster that should be an nfl starter

I agree the Pats wont be the same , I just dont think we take a big enough leap to cactch them. We changed out linebackers and neither is an improvement in coverage and dont have a cb on roster that should be an nfl starter

Yeah CB hurts for sure that is my biggest concern right now for this team.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Welker will hurt them, I agree. I think that is Billy B outsmarting himself. But they are still an 11-12 win team and I don't see Miami improving by 4-5 wins. I will say this, though, I think Miami will finish ahead of the Bengals, and I think it's between Miami, Cincinnati and Indy for the two wild card positions. We'll see. I don't know what is going on with the Steelers and Ravens but my gut is that one of them will surprise everyone and come out strong.

You can add Texans to that list I am not sold on them! I see them taking a huge step back this year with the Ravems and Steelers.

Yeah CB hurts for sure that is my biggest concern right now for this team.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

You can add Texans to that list I am not sold on them! I see them taking a huge step back this year with the Ravems and Steelers.

good passing teams are going to destroy the secondary unless you have a great pass rush. even when smith and vonte were actually having a good season they still got destoryed. the difference in having our secondary destoryed last season and having them destroyed this season is that perhaps we'll be able to keep putting points on the board.

Back
Top Bottom