Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

I am not trying to be a homer but I'm not sold on the Pats! I think losing Welker is going to do a lot of damage he and Brady had a unbelievable chemistry they were in each others heads and always in the same page. Danny Armawhatshisnuts has huge shoes to fill while trying to be healthy for a full season. I think people underestimate how key Welker was in getting Gronk and Hernandez mismatches. Not to mention they have no other WRs under contract.

I don't know what would please me more, seeing my Phins go to the playoffs or watching a fully healthy Pats team go 7-9...

Upgrade the kicking and install 2 even slighty-above-average coverage corners and we don't lose to the jest on kicks most of Carpenter's peers have regularly made up to that point and AZ games on several telescopic ridiculous 3rd and longs. Given that, especially since Reggie went down in the jest game, if our RBs hold up, there's no reason to think we're any worse than the 9-7 record we well could have been, and hopefully a game or 2 better which would put us squarely in the WC race.

good passing teams are going to destroy the secondary unless you have a great pass rush. even when smith and vonte were actually having a good season they still got destoryed. the difference in having our secondary destoryed last season and having them destroyed this season is that perhaps we'll be able to keep putting points on the board.

Agreed but right now are two starting CBs are returning from back and knee surgery and that scares me. I see lots of options on the FA market for de or cb while developing Vernon one more year, but cb concerns me big time.

If it was not for our kicker and Sean Smith we would have won 10 games. So I predict a 10 win season and wildcard berth next year. We will split with NE too.

Tough schedule and I think it will take a while to get everyone on the same page with so many new guys coming in.

Hopefully we get better and better as the season goes on and finish strong.

A winning record and contending for a playoff spot would be great.
Winning the division and going deep into the playoffs would be even better :woot:

I don't like the if scenario for every game we could have won there is most probably one we could have lost. It's a new season so last years what ifs don't apply!

Back
Top Bottom